Cyproheptadine Weekly For Increasing Stress Tolerance?

Logan-

While I was reading reddit posts on cyproheptadine, I stumbled upon this post:

apfeldirektsaft
3 points · 8 months ago
The effect on the gut is partially from the anti-serotonergic aspects of cyproheptadine, so you could look for other substances with those properties.

From what you describe you could probably benefit from taking Cascara Sagrada, which greatly reduces the burden of toxins in the gut.

1-2 mg of cypro is still very beneficial. Personally I take 2mg cypro once per week to increase my stress tolerance. In addition to Cascara and cypro I used to take systemic antibiotics to get rid of my gut problems.

From: Taking cyproheptadine for mood regulation : Nootropics

What do you think about this? Is it possible to take 1-2 mg of cypro every week to increase stress tolerance? Would the effects actually last for the whole week?

opethfeldt

Well, Cypro has a half life of about 9 hours, so I don't see how the effects could persist for a week.

jitsmonkey

the effects may not be in the half life
but in simply the breaking of the pattern of stress.
the OP may be simply saying he notes the effects of breaking that pattern lasting a week.

I use 1mg of cypro 1-2 times a week (particularly in the winter) and have a similar experience.

Runenight201

Couldn’t fasting achieve a similar effect? Once a week fast for 5 hours then 6, 7 etc...just to make sure cortisol is working properly. I think where IFers go wrong is they fast every day...but I could see once a week fasting being beneficial

ddjd

While I was reading reddit posts on cyproheptadine, I stumbled upon this post:

apfeldirektsaft
3 points · 8 months ago
The effect on the gut is partially from the anti-serotonergic aspects of cyproheptadine, so you could look for other substances with those properties.

From what you describe you could probably benefit from taking Cascara Sagrada, which greatly reduces the burden of toxins in the gut.

1-2 mg of cypro is still very beneficial. Personally I take 2mg cypro once per week to increase my stress tolerance. In addition to Cascara and cypro I used to take systemic antibiotics to get rid of my gut problems.

From: Taking cyproheptadine for mood regulation : Nootropics

What do you think about this? Is it possible to take 1-2 mg of cypro every week to increase stress tolerance? Would the effects actually last for the whole week?
Is it safe to take cascara Sagrada daily?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals