Cypro 8mg 1x week a bad idea?

TheAnarchist

Forum Supporter
Eastern Pennsylvania (Lehigh Valley Area)
Hey some background here, I’ve been using Cyproheptadine 1 mg once per week for about 6 weeks so far. I’ve tried this for pssd after seeing several discussions about the rebound effect several days later where the is more 5ht receptor density and therefore more sensitivity to serotonin. To my understanding there is down regulation of 5ht receptors in pssd and too much serotonin in the brain because of it. It has been working somewhat, I get stronger focus, stronger emotions and better orgasmic function on the rebound. But as Experiment with higher doses (Up to 4 mg per 1x week dose) my erections and libido are getting weaker. I know there can be prolactin increase and dopamine antagonism at higher doses, but couldn’t that cause more dopamine receptor density on the rebound and increase dopamine’s effectiveness? Is 8 mg 1x week (the minimum to start antagonizing D1 and D2) a bad idea? My goal is to reset my receptors from SSRI and stimulant induced damage years prior.

mostlylurking

Hey some background here, I’ve been using Cyproheptadine 1 mg once per week for about 6 weeks so far. I’ve tried this for pssd after seeing several discussions about the rebound effect several days later where the is more 5ht receptor density and therefore more sensitivity to serotonin. To my understanding there is down regulation of 5ht receptors in pssd and too much serotonin in the brain because of it. It has been working somewhat, I get stronger focus, stronger emotions and better orgasmic function on the rebound. But as Experiment with higher doses (Up to 4 mg per 1x week dose) my erections and libido are getting weaker. I know there can be prolactin increase and dopamine antagonism at higher doses, but couldn’t that cause more dopamine receptor density on the rebound and increase dopamine’s effectiveness? Is 8 mg 1x week (the minimum to start antagonizing D1 and D2) a bad idea? My goal is to reset my receptors from SSRI and stimulant induced damage years prior.
Thiamine helps clear serotonin from the brain.
"These results suggest that acute thiamine deficiency, induced by PT, both increases brain 5-HT synthesis and impairs 5-HIAA efflux from the brain. There is a close correlation between neurological manifestations and changes in brain 5-HT metabolism in acute thiamine deficiency.
"These data suggest that 5-HT neurons, although structurally intact, are functionally affected early during the progression of thiamine deficiency. These alterations, which are likely a part of adaptive neuronal change consequent to thiamine dysfunction, may be important in the physiological manifestations and the learning deficits commonly encountered in experimental thiamine deficiency."

I took Prozac for about 2 years, then later was prescribed 5-htp for almost 10 years. Stopped taking it about 8 years ago. I have found taking thiamine hcl very helpful. Thiamine hcl is considered a safe supplement; you might consider looking into it.