Unhealthy Foods - A Thread On Reddit

DaveFoster

Thanks Dave. So the effect of serotonin is on weakening the lower esophageal sphincter, and this would cause GERD? This is where efforts at reducing endotoxin thru ingesting activated charcoal, eating raw carrot salad, etc would help with GERD then. Not taking antacids.
Antacids can help the symptoms, but there's a whole host of problems associated with raising the pH of the stomach, not the least of which includes infections and bacterial overgrowth.

Birdie mentioned her experience with salting improving the function of the urinary sphincter, and Ray has written about the ability of sodium to maintain the osmotic balance of the cell and facilitate proper nerve firing and muscle relaxation.

yerrag

On the urinary sphincter, I experience that using too little salt weakens it. Every time I forget enough salt, and btw I don't measure my salt, I get the weak sphincter result. Plenty of salt and the sphincter is strong. So I salt salt salt... and then relax my protocol and the sphincter relaxes.

At the same time, I think that without using Ray's ideas abundantly, just increasing salt might not have such excellent effect. I don't intend to test that!!;)
Nice! Aren't you glad it was that simple?

Antacids can help the symptoms, but there's a whole host of problems associated with raising the pH of the stomach, not the least of which includes infections and bacterial overgrowth.

Am just glad I've never touched these. Once, when I was having acid reflux problems, I was given enzymes for a year, and it fixed it. But it would have been just as effective and cheaper, to just use the carrot salad approach, or the activated charcoal approach - to get rid of endotoxins.

Birdie

Yes it's simple! Of course the solution came only as I began to get where RP was coming from, and saw his incredibly different way of thinking. I've been studying nutrition ever since the day of Dirk Pearson and Sandy Shaw! Well, at least I got the "Use only a tiny bit of soap" thing right starting then!

Every so often I mention this salt thing to friends hoping to get them thinking in a different direction. I don't seem to be successful though. Nobody has said they'd like to read what Peat has to say. Fortunately, my husband reads the newsletters and recognizes the genius. Divorce averted;)

oceantree

I read that article too
The Unbearable Asymmetry of bull****
And it is great I learnt a lot from it, awful that this is happening.
When journalists get letters like that they need to research more except I suppose they might not have access to the research that they need to see maybe?

D

Deleted member 5487

I think everyone should do their own research and experiments. Drinking tons of milk can be harmful for many people for example. But personally the whole mainstream bodybuilding "lifestyle" makes me annoyed af.

Bodybuilding diet is laughable. Whats worse is the blockheaded followers spreading such terrible advice with newbies following it to a dime.

The absolute worse thing is "cutting" I cut for the first time over three months loss untold amounts of muscle and wrecked my health.

Bodybuilding selling points are insecurity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals