TRT experiment

fever257

Hey all, so I need some advice on a TRT cycle I’m planning on doing.

I’ve suffered from PFS so my experiment is related to that.

I’m doing this to help increase some AR activity and see if T is low (I suspect it is) without having to do a blood test. I have a semi-recent test from 2020 indicating it is low (200-300) but I’m looking to get some evidence for more recent.

I actually already ordered the supplement. I have Testosterone Cypionate from PPL.

this is what I got:
Purple Panda Labs

I’m just worried about the safety / purity of injecting it. Would a topical solution be more effective? it’s a liquid / injectable.

nomoreketones

I’m doing this to help increase some AR activity and see if T is low (I suspect it is) without having to do a blood test. I have a semi-recent test from 2020 indicating it is low (200-300) but I’m looking to get some evidence for more recent.

I actually already ordered the supplement. I have Testosterone Cypionate from PPL.

this is what I got:
Purple Panda Labs

I’m just worried about the safety / purity of injecting it. Would a topical solution be more effective? it’s a liquid / injectable.

I have low T too in that same range. I've been researching TRT for the last year but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. There are dozens of online clinics in the USA that will give you a legit prescription for TRT with proper bloodwork.

The cost of going to a legit online clinic is magnitudes more expensive but if you are going to inject yourself with something then better to be safe then sorry. My opinion is that you don't gamble with your body in order to save a few hundred bucks.

Anyway I'm not on TRT yet but I can answer some of your questions from the research I have done. More guys prefer the injection to the cream and everyone prefers the cream to the gel. The injections are more effective for most guys than the cream but more likely to have side effects such as ball shrinkage. The injections are less expensive than the cream. The cream must be applied everyday and there is the risk of sexual partners getting exposed to the application. The gel is universally hated. The cream must be made at a compounding pharmacy which is why it is more expensive. Some guys apply the cream directly to their balls which supposedly causes a rise in DHT levels.

If you want to find on online clinic read the Testosterone subreddit on Reddit. There are many recommendations there and lots of choice.

Personally if I go on TRT then I will go for the compounded cream.

OP
fever257

fever257

I have low T too in that same range. I've been researching TRT for the last year but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. There are dozens of online clinics in the USA that will give you a legit prescription for TRT with proper bloodwork.

The cost of going to a legit online clinic is magnitudes more expensive but if you are going to inject yourself with something then better to be safe then sorry. My opinion is that you don't gamble with your body in order to save a few hundred bucks.

Anyway I'm not on TRT yet but I can answer some of your questions from the research I have done. More guys prefer the injection to the cream and everyone prefers the cream to the gel. The injections are more effective for most guys than the cream but more likely to have side effects such as ball shrinkage. The injections are less expensive than the cream. The cream must be applied everyday and there is the risk of sexual partners getting exposed to the application. The gel is universally hated. The cream must be made at a compounding pharmacy which is why it is more expensive. Some guys apply the cream directly to their balls which supposedly causes a rise in DHT levels.

If you want to find on online clinic read the Testosterone subreddit on Reddit. There are many recommendations there and lots of choice.

Personally if I go on TRT then I will go for the compounded cream.
Hey, thanks for replying.

A lot of the different types of T have toxic excipients like cottonseed oil.

My understanding is that with injections, you need the upmost purity due to it being put directly into your body.

When I ordered Cypionate, I tried to get the best kind of T I could, but I still have no indication as to the purity of it.

I think I’ll try to make a topical out of the injectable I have and try that first.

Validus

@fever257 How old are you? Are you prepared to be shut down? Do you want to have kids? Are you confident you'll be able to restart your HTPGA axis? I've been on HRT for about 8 years now using a variety of protocols, hormones, etc.

Do you have a plan for PCT if you plan to get off and have kids in the future? Do you have plans to prevent testicular atrophy while you're "on" via something like hCG? Do you know how you'll respond to hcg? I and some other men have horrible side effects to hcg and I cannot take it. I have to use kisspeptin-10 instead which is much more expensive and not as effective.

For PCT, do you know how you'll respond to a SERM like enclomiphene?

I've never had PFS and I understand it can be devastating. I'm just throwing out some considerations to hopefully help you plan your strategy without harming your future self more than needed.

Test cyp has a relatively long half life, and I'm not aware of being able to take an injectable and turn it into a topical using something like dmso, especially when injectables like testosterone are usually in a carrier oil like you already said. Anything that has a relatively long half life will shut you down. Using something like a DHT topical/transdermal cream reduces that chance because the half life is so short.

Santosh

this is what I got:
Purple Panda Labs

Ditch the vials, order testosterone base micronized powder and make your own transdermal at a 20% concentration (200mg/ml).

No shutdown, DHT through the roof, no e2 issue, confidence, drive, libido, muscle mass, no toxic PUFA in your muscles.

blackface

Ditch the vials, order testosterone base micronized powder and make your own transdermal at a 20% concentration (200mg/ml).

No shutdown, DHT through the roof, no e2 issue, confidence, drive, libido, muscle mass, no toxic PUFA in your muscles.
Whats your protocol to get to 200mg/ml?

wolfman37

this is what I got:
Purple Panda Labs

I have searched everywhere with every word combination I can think of and can't find out how they make this cream or what is involved. Would be nice to have an ingredient list and a formula. Making injectable from raws is easy and the formula has been easier to find.

Santosh

Dude, we've been over this a thousand times : DMSO, ethanol, benzyl alcohol...

Just try mixing any of those with Aloe Vera gel and find out what works best for you.

It's not hard at all to reach a 20% concentration.

Risingfire

this is what I got:
Purple Panda Labs

Fever, I've found zinc, dht and androsterone far better for PFS symptoms.

OP
fever257

fever257

@fever257 How old are you? Are you prepared to be shut down? Do you want to have kids? Are you confident you'll be able to restart your HTPGA axis? I've been on HRT for about 8 years now using a variety of protocols, hormones, etc.

Do you have a plan for PCT if you plan to get off and have kids in the future? Do you have plans to prevent testicular atrophy while you're "on" via something like hCG? Do you know how you'll respond to hcg? I and some other men have horrible side effects to hcg and I cannot take it. I have to use kisspeptin-10 instead which is much more expensive and not as effective.

For PCT, do you know how you'll respond to a SERM like enclomiphene?

I've never had PFS and I understand it can be devastating. I'm just throwing out some considerations to hopefully help you plan your strategy without harming your future self more than needed.

Test cyp has a relatively long half life, and I'm not aware of being able to take an injectable and turn it into a topical using something like dmso, especially when injectables like testosterone are usually in a carrier oil like you already said. Anything that has a relatively long half life will shut you down. Using something like a DHT topical/transdermal cream reduces that chance because the half life is so short.
Hey lonson,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’m 25 not sure about kids yet, why do you ask?

I’ve taken HCG in the past. It brought some hormones and sexual function back online for me after PFS. It ended up being estrogenic over too much time so I stopped.

I haven’t got anymore of it. Pretty much everything is estrogenic for me because of how tucked my situation with PFS is. This is part of the reason why I’m trying T therapy so I can see if it helps.

I did read a bit about PCT and what should be done about the crash. I’ve got exemestane and a SERM called Raloxifene on hand but beyond that I don’t really have a plan.

I utilized DHT powder in the past - I think nandrolone or stanolone - but it caused hypogonadism for me for some reason, so I stopped. Still have a bunch of it though. Would the DHT be used in unison with the T or would it be a PCT situation?

I guess I didn’t really realize people didn’t take T indefinitely, I was under the impression it was in some’s consistent regimen. Thanks for enlightening me.

OP
fever257

fever257

Fever, I've found zinc, dht and androsterone far better for PFS symptoms.
Hey Rising. Thanks for contributing.

I’ve used all three of those! Even regularly. I did feel they made more masculine and such, but DHT caused hypogonadism and I didn’t find any of the three, even in unison, to generate long term improvements, unfortunately.

But I’ll keep them in mind for another go, thank you.

OP
fever257

fever257

I definitely think I am looking at transdermal right now. It just feels safer.

Do you have a micronized T powder source?

What carriers / other ingredients would you make your transdermal solution with?

This is a chemistry-related question, but, couldn’t I just make a topical out of the Testosterone Cypionate solution from the vials?

I followed you by the way. Tried to dm.

Johhnyb

There is quite a few threads on here that answer your questions. Although some of the questions have complicated answers and will take time to explain.

For example your asking about test cyp, and comparing to test base - @Hans has a few articles on his website men-elite that does a really good job of explaining what others have said in this thread.

The tone of people’s reply in this thread is because this question gets asked a lot, and a couple of members have given really detailed responses on transdermal etc.

I certainly don’t mean it in a bad way but you seem like you’re ready to commit to TRT but haven’t done a massive amount of research.

If you want the quick answer without any explanation, test base + DMSO as others have mentioned, is your best option.

OP
fever257

fever257

There is quite a few threads on here that answer your questions. Although some of the questions have complicated answers and will take time to explain.

For example your asking about test cyp, and comparing to test base - @Hans has a few articles on his website men-elite that does a really good job of explaining what others have said in this thread.

The tone of people’s reply in this thread is because this question gets asked a lot, and a couple of members have given really detailed responses on transdermal etc.

I certainly don’t mean it in a bad way but you seem like you’re ready to commit to TRT but haven’t done a massive amount of research.

If you want the quick answer without any explanation, test base + DMSO as others have mentioned, is your best option.
yeah I mean Ive mostly studied the effects and the Peat angle of TRT, which he doesn’t view it as the greatest thing ever.

I had questions which is why I made this thread, on this forum, in this section. To get my questions answered. and people have helped to answer them. which is the point of the forum. Lol.

Ive not noticed any rude or offputting tones in this thread besides yours. But regardless, thanks for the input I guess.

Johhnyb

yeah I mean Ive mostly studied the effects and the Peat angle of TRT, which he doesn’t view it as the greatest thing ever.

I had questions which is why I made this thread, on this forum, in this section. To get my questions answered. and people have helped to answer them. which is the point of the forum. Lol.

Ive not noticed any rude or offputting tones in this thread besides yours. But regardless, thanks for the input I guess.
maybe it’s just me then. Sincerely, hope it works out for you

firebreather

Micronized T powder? How in the world do you source that? I do see a couple sources online (no idea the cost) but they all seem to be soy based. Can’t imagine why anyone would want that

Last edited:

KentoBoro

Forum Supporter

How is there no shutdown using this protocol? I was under the impression any endogenous T induces shutdown

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals