TRT And Frequent Urination Help

Checkdis

I am a 29 y/o male which just went for a 12 week BW and was retested for the normal stuff with added tests for curiosity. At this point my testosterone seems to be in optimal ranges for a 50mg Cypionate twice a week and 350iu HCG three times a week, and no AI.

Seeing my E2 is now about >50, I do not think I am experiencing E2 side effects but at this point I am prescribed .25 AI which I take after my injection. I am waiting a month before taking blood work again.

I still have frequency with urination, and some days I am light headed, also appetite isn’t really there, sometimes I have some brain fog. No energy boost and motivation yet. My main concern is my frequency of urination but I have gone through almost all tests which have proven my bladder functions normal, no diabetes & diabetes insipidus, prostate is normal, no UTI, no STD, no Lymes, no bacteria, kidneys are normal. MRI of the pelvis is normal, ultra sound of the abdomen is normal, MRI of my brain is normal, pituitary is normal.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, but as of right now I am not getting much out of my TRT protocol.

Attachments

• 030B078E-3557-437B-B2D6-B823965B4035.jpeg
    030B078E-3557-437B-B2D6-B823965B4035.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 80C64581-26DE-4B7D-ABB8-AEB33A4347C7.jpeg
    80C64581-26DE-4B7D-ABB8-AEB33A4347C7.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 33
  • A687F082-6A2C-418F-A537-0E718C249CE9.jpeg
    A687F082-6A2C-418F-A537-0E718C249CE9.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 31
  • A157C761-4F41-4E5F-B29E-2EFBFEE93A13.jpeg
    A157C761-4F41-4E5F-B29E-2EFBFEE93A13.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 31

MigFon

Your estrogen is too high. I had frequent urination for about a year after testicular cancer, while my E2 levels remained high. As the levels went down, I started peeing less and less frequently.

Edit: That would be my first suspicion anyway. And by the way, since your prolactin is elevated, estrogenic activity in your tissues is definitely elevated. So perhaps try an Aromatase Inhibitor and see how things go.

Last edited:
OP
C

Checkdis

Your estrogen is too high. I had frequent urination for about a year after testicular cancer, while my E2 levels remained high, as the levels went down, I started peeing less and less frequently.

Agreed, I have been taking my AI for little of three weeks and haven’t seen much improvement.

We may increase the dosage to .5mg twice a week depending on my next blood work.

I have had other people point out my DHEA Serum and RT3. Does my thyroid panel any concern?

ddjd

It's definitely high estrogen and Serotonin that causes it

marsaday

I think low cortisol can cause peeing a lot. I used to have this issue but no longer since I started on low dose progesterone use

OP
C

Checkdis

The thing is, I crashed my estrogen back in April 2017, and this is when everything started. My estrogen was non existent for a few months and I was going to the bathroom every 15 minutes.

I think that frequent peeing can be from endotoxins too

I would try to do an elimination diet. Try eliminating starches. No raw veggies. I think you will find a dramatic improvement within a few days

OP
C

Checkdis

I think that frequent peeing can be from endotoxins too

I would try to do an elimination diet. Try eliminating starches. No raw veggies. I think you will find a dramatic improvement within a few days

What do you suggest I eat. Is there any protocol of foods and meal prep outlines anywhere summarized. I weigh 220LB, my scale says I have around 25-27% body fat. I am 6’1, 29 year old male.

For example, I am having a star bucks turkey pre made sandwich on flat bread with carrots and apples. 570 calories.

For breakfast I normally have 2 eggs lightly salted with gluten free bread.

I probably drink around 50-60 ounces a day.

What do you suggest I eat. Is there any protocol of foods and meal prep outlines anywhere summarized. I weigh 220LB, my scale says I have around 25-27% body fat. I am 6’1, 29 year old male.

For example, I am having a star bucks turkey pre made sandwich on flat bread with carrots and apples. 570 calories.

For breakfast I normally have 2 eggs lightly salted with gluten free breed.

I probably drink around 50-60 ounces a day.

low residue

ripe fruit
fruit juice
honey

no bread, no potatoes, no raw veggies except a carrot

no GF bread either

Just for a few weeks

If you must have starch, well cooked potatoes that were peeled and then boiled.

Last edited:
OP
C

Checkdis

low residue no salt

ripe fruit
fruit juice
honey

no bread, no potatoes, no raw veggies except a carrot

no GF bread either

Just for a few weeks

If you must have starch, well cooked potatoes that were peeled and then boiled.

So you are basically saying, low carb diet? So fish, meat, carrots, straight water, cheese...etc?

Last edited:
So you are basically saying, no carb diet? So fish, meat, carrots, straight water, cheese...etc?

huh?

no carbs? NO!!!!

Did you see ripe fruit, juice and honey?

I didn't mean no salt, that was a typo that I removed.

I'm following this diet and it's VERY helpful for everything. Ray is right on this although I hated to admit it. It is hard to do, but when you get off the starch miracles happen. I think some people are very sick and need the starch so this is a transition. It took me 2 years to now make this easy for me.

Artour Rakhimov convinced me on this gut-urination link. He is totally right. He thinks some inflammation in the colon causes the bladder to require emptying frequently and by measuring urine volume you can determine present gut health.

OP
C

Checkdis

huh?

no carbs? NO!!!!

Did you see ripe fruit, juice and honey?

I didn't mean no salt, that was a typo that I removed.

I'm following this diet and it's VERY helpful for everything. Ray is right on this although I hated to admit it. It is hard to do, but when you get off the starch miracles happen. I think some people are very sick and need the starch so this is a transition. It took me 2 years to now make this easy for me.

Artour Rakhimov convinced me on this gut-urination link. He is totally right. He thinks some inflammation in the colon causes the bladder to require emptying frequently and by measuring urine volume you can determine present gut health.

My apologies I meant low carb diet. And I agree that there is a correlation with the colon and bladder. On bad days both the bladder and bowel movements increase.

I do find amitriptyline helps at 50mg, but has been increasing my weight. I was at 215lb before amitriptyline, then noticed I was gaining weight so I stopped it a few days ago and the urination frequency flares up.

My apologies I meant low carb diet. And I agree that there is a correlation with the colon and bladder. On bad days both the bladder and bowel movements increase.

I do find amitriptyline helps at 50mg, but has been increasing my weight. I was at 215lb before amitriptyline, then noticed I was gaining weight so I stopped it a few days ago and the urination frequency flares up.

I am not saying low carb at all. I try to get plenty of carbs, just from sugar not starch. This is a low/no residue diet, with only fruit fibers creating much residue. The majority of the bowel movement is from the body, bacteria, shedding of epithelium, etc. You don't have that starch and stuff sitting there creating endotoxins and colon inflammation.

This reduces urination volume and frequency dramatically.

Lowdose69

Your free test is too high and your e2 is way too high. Total test does not matter. If you want to feel good get your free test into the top quarter of the reference range and drop your e2 by half. The estrogen is why you feel you aren't getting anything out of your therapy.

HCG can spike your estrogen. Many people find that an AI does not work well when the e2 is from HCG. Something about intratesticular testosterone aromatizing within the testicles where an AI doesn't help.

Everyone is different. I can keep my free test and e2 where I want it with 50-75mg per week. I use topical progesterone instead of HCG for testicular volume and it works great for me. Even 100iu HCG will make my nipples puffy.

My advice would be to find a way to get your levels where you want them without HCG or an AI. You may want to try 50mg cyp twice a week and drop the HCG/AI for a couple months. Or perhaps you can drop the cyp dosage and try a smaller dose of HCG once a week. Get your e2 to 22 pg/ML and you will feel much better.

milk

I had trouble with frequent urination recently. I searched the forum and someone suggested salt and indeed, for the first time in years, I hadn't consumed much salt that day. I took about half a teaspoon of salt with a little water and the problem went away.

LukeL

Frequent urination can be an increase in the hormone aldosterone...salt helps

vulture

I would point my bullets on two things: salt while keeping an eye on blood pressure and mesterolone (I read a study where it descreased LUTS). Being salt that cheap and available, it would be my first thing to try.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals