Tips For Promoting Bowel Health And Preventing Constipation

Frankdee20

Raw whole carrots are amazing for their fiber roughage content. Taking Magnesium Oxide ensures one has regular movements however. Obviously, this is irrespective of diet.

Random thoughts:

For me, good quality fruit fiber is essential to bowel regularity.

Ground button mushrooms, cooked 2 hours, are very helpful too.

I find that it's best when you don't soil the toilet paper or underwear. Soiling is a sign of inflammation.

Artour Rakhimov introduced me to the concept that frequent urination is a sign of bowel problems and I think he is right. Urination should be high volume and if you have to go all the time, that's a sign of bowel inflammation.

Magnesium glycinate helps regularity a lot.

I do use cascara sagrada, about 2/3 of a teaspoon once per day. I don't need it, and I don't always take it, but I find it does help both inflammation and bowel regularity in this dosage.

Charcoal is very constipating for me. So if I take charcoal I try to increase the cascara and magnesium.

Too much magnesium causes gut inflammation by itself.

When taking magnesium it helps to take B6 P5P. I am told progesterone also helps but I don't take that.

Amazoniac

For people dealing with extreme constipata:

If devitalized tissue tends to swell, lose potassium and retain sodium, it's quite possible that the impaired constipated intestine is in such state. Avoiding added sodium for a while might provide relief and must help to restore its normal function. Dairy must be fine as long as it isn't salted for this purpose.

Extra potassium and magnesium are usually the solution. Getting enough sodium without seafood will probably provide you both in a good ratio, but sometimes more than what food is able to provide is desirable in some cases. I'm not sure if this works or not, but it's something to consider.

Sodium bicarbonate is known for sending people to do the toilettings, and sodium in the presence of orange's calcium isn't a problem. Therefore chloride must also be involved, if not being the main responsible for drawing sodium to the impaired tissues when potassium and magnesium are missing.

Last edited:

raypeatclips

If devitalized tissue tends to swell, lose potassium and retain sodium, it's quite possible that the impaired constipated intestine is in such state. Avoiding added sodium for a while might provide relief and must help to restore its normal function. Dairy must be fine as long as it isn't salted for this purpose.

Extra potassium and magnesium are usually the solution. Getting enough sodium without seafood will probably provide you both in a good ratio, but sometimes more than what food is able to provide is desirable in some cases. I'm not sure if this works or not, but it's something to consider.

Sodium bicarbonate is known for sending people to do the toilettings, and sodium in the presence of orange's calcium isn't a problem. Therefore chloride must also be involved, if not being the main responsible for drawing sodium to the impaired tissues when potassium and magnesium are missing.

Very interesting, thanks for posting this.

Hgreen56

What is the usual amount to resolve constipation with magnesium?
i see that upper limit is 600mg
taking 2 grams does nothing for me.

dlind70

Vitamin B5 is highest in guacamole avocado and apparently shiitake mushroom these foods definitely help me out once I did some research saying that this is actually needed for mental development. I noticed it's also good for the bowel health. B5 and vitamin d are really necessary for sexual development. Not necessarily genital stimulation but more of a mental stimulation. Your mental sexual development in the brain is needed and I actually found that B5 improved my sleep and there was some dream enhancement.

I am 33 male living near illinois chicago

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I can vouch for this - I noticed coffee increases my chances to go to the restroom within 30mins if I hadn't already gone in the day.
Is it the caffeine that does this? That is, would decaffeinated coffee give the same result?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
After reducing fiber to well under 5g/day, taking large amounts of calcium has been huge for me, 1500-2000mg/day. Calcium combines with bile and saturated fats in the intestine to create a soap that protects your intestine, makes things move smoothly, and makes it harder for bacteria to grow. It's one of the secrets to achieving the legendary ghost wipe all the time. The problem people run into taking a lot of calcium, though, is constipation. This happens because you don't get enough magnesium in proportion to calcium. I find that, at a minimum, I have to take at least 0.5g magnesium for every 1g calcium, but it's better if I get closer to a 1-to-1 ratio. If your bowels run too fast, then cut back the magnesium and/or don't take it on an empty stomach. Probably in the past, magnesium was more abundant in the soil, so more of it ended up in the foods we eat, so calcium-induced constipation wasn't as much of a problem, and not having invented toilet paper wasn't a problem because of plenty of calcium soap in the intestine if you consumed much calcium (probably also more abundant in the soil). So I supplement magnesium glycinate or citrate according to my calcium intake.

I found this article extremely helpful in learning about some of these things:

http://www.boxingscene.com/nutrition/36083.php
How do you manage to take 2 g of calcium in a day?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals