Thoughts On Chipotle

Velve921

What does everyone think of Chipotle? Do they use vegetable oil to grill most of their food? Can it be a good quick source of Peat eating?

Ben

Wow, chipotle seems to have gotten popular. Doesn't it make your **** bleed or something (I heard from South Park).

Sea

There is vegetable oil in the tortillas. Some of the meats are prepared with vegetable oils. I would avoid chipotle. I stick with in n out as they only use vegetable oil in the spreads and fries which I avoid.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
When I did paleo I noticed chipotle used soybean oil. The last time I checked back in the summer they had switched to rice bran oil. I'm not sure if that's any better!?! I ate it once on vacation rather than starve and took some extra vitamin E. :eek:

kiran

It's not Peat, but it's better than skipping a meal for sure. Shouldn't be a big deal occasionally, especially if you don't have lots of stored PUFA.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

So I work with a team where post game meals ok the road are limited...chipotle is the quickest, cheapest, source of decent food I've found so far. Anyone have any better ideas?

Ben

If it's free, sure, eat it. Otherwise, no. At least that's how I have been. If someone gives me free food, I gladly accept it unless it it is just soaked in PUFAs but what I buy is very stringently healthy food. I'm doing this to have as much money as possible for the creation and promotion of my website.

tara

Ewlevy1 said:
So I work with a team where post game meals ok the road are limited...chipotle is the quickest, cheapest, source of decent food I've found so far. Anyone have any better ideas?

Are you just thinking about how to feed yourself, whatever the team eats, or trying to find the best option for feeding the whole team that they will accept? How long are you trying to sustain yourselves for?

If it's just for you, can you make yourself up a cooler bag that you can eat on the go, with a bottle of OJ, chocolate or coffee milk (maybe with extra condensed milk if you want more calorie-density), boiled eggs (and salt), jelly, fruit, etc? And then only have something smaller and more benign at chipotle or wherever to keep your team company? A hassle, I know, but if it's a regular thing you may want to at least sometimes take some food with you so you are less dependent on buying on the road?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I'm all set....its for the team. The players are only willing to spend 10-15 dollars for a meal due to their perdeum. They will not prepare their own meals because that's too difficult for them.

sprinter

If I go to chipotle I ask for plain white rice from the back. The rice with cilantro they normally serve seems to have rice bran oil added. You can also ask for some fresh cilantro on the side so you add that back.

Milky

If I go to chipotle I ask for plain white rice from the back. The rice with cilantro they normally serve seems to have rice bran oil added. You can also ask for some fresh cilantro on the side so you add that back.

This is way more trouble than it's worth. The cost alone of preparing your own food (especially rice) at home is worth the wait alone to not stand in their ridiculous lines waiting for oily food that you have to custom order without the oil.

I do ask for no "butter" on my bun (and obviously no mayo) when I decide to get a burger every once in awhile, so I know where you're coming from though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals