Squeezing Ground Beef To Remove Fat?

Is this effective?

I'm able to get pretty good quality 85% Ground Beef, but it has a bit more fat then I'd like to consume right now.

I've been making patties on the outdoor grill and squeezing down hard with a spatula. Lots of "juice" comes out, not very scientific, and they taste dry (worse) afterwords. I think I'm getting allot of the fat out, but wondering if someone knows more.

Say 4oz has 22 grams of fat, how much do you think it would have after doing this - really trying to get the most you fat can out?

I know I could buy a lesser fat ground beef, but I'm able to get this high quality meat at a good price.

Sheik

When I cook a hamburger in my instant pot a lot of fat leaks out and hardens as it cools. I'm pretty sure squeezing it will get a lot of it out, though I can't get behind eating fatless burgers. Especially not when I'm as hungry as I am right now.

OP
P
Yea, this is definitely not for everyone and does make the burger taste worst for sure. I bet I'm losing water and vitamins, but hopefully not all the vitamins, and hopefully most of the fat.

I encourage you to buy:

1. a food processor, and
2. lean grass fed meat (top of round for instance)

cut the meat into chunks, grind for 20 seconds, and add a little Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Now mold into patties. Dust with salt and pepper. Heat the skillet or grill, and cook.

There is zero fat in this, or close to zero. And it's fresh, so no endotoxins.

OP
P
I encourage you to buy:

1. a food processor, and
2. lean grass fed meat (top of round for instance)

cut the meat into chunks, grind for 20 seconds, and add a little Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Now mold into patties. Dust with salt and pepper. Heat the skillet or grill, and cook.

There is zero fat in this, or close to zero. And it's fresh, so no endotoxins.

Thats a real good idea, I think I'll do that.

But I was thinking I was getting some gelatin in the ground beef too from whatever cuts they use. I read that on here. Thats one of the reasons I like ground meat as opposed to steak. I don't think top round would have that. What a good cut for lean and with gelatin/collagen?

Gone Peating

i notice i feel better from 85% ground beef than super lean meat, i think the fat helps digestion

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals