"Craving" Bodybuilding Diet?

GAF

All animal bodies crave what they eat. Philipinos crave philipino food. They do not crave belgium food.

You eat this, you crave this and You don't crave that.

Obviously, one can train itself to eat that and not this, and its cravings will change eventually.

You don't crave what you don't eat.

Food cravings are only an indicator of what one eats.

One's body might create physical symptoms due to dietary deficiencies but that is not a food craving. A food might reverse the symptoms, and create a mental food "craving", but really it is something like a salt shortage not a craving for French fries.

Thanks. Every time I have tried to go starch free, I have felt absolutely terrible. Worse sleep, can't go as long between meals, feel, irritable, cold, anxious.
But you never tried to go sugar free?

lvysaur

I'm sure, but who here apart from ex ketosis can say how much "sugar has improved my health"?

I can say without a doubt that eating massive quantities of sugar has improved my health. I still eat some starch though.

DavidGardner

Just replace the almond butter, olive oil, and walnuts with coconut oil. Choose cod or shrimp instead of salmon or sardines. Voila.

I've been eating oatmeal lately and feel fine. Just be sure your elimination is good, cause you won't want that soluble fiber sitting in your gut.

I felt good on a bodybuilding diet once too. But it certainly wasn't perfect. A bodybuilding diet is overall an improvement on a typical American diet, but that's not saying much. When I was eating that way, I needed a lot of caffeine to counteract estrogen symptoms. I didn't know anything about that at the time, but I was using coffee to reduce fluid retention, sluggishness, and poor digestion.

So maybe embrace the aspects of your bodybuilding diet that are still compatible with what you've learned from Peat and this forum. But don't scrap that knowledge altogether. And certainly, please, don't take the fish oil caps!

Vinero

Eating high-Starch but no Sugar = low energy, tired
Eating high-Sugar but no Starch = too stimulating, no relaxation, feel cold
Eating high-Sugar and high-starch = energetic, warm and relaxed.

Eating high-Starch but no Sugar = low energy, tired
Eating high-Sugar but no Starch = too stimulating, no relaxation, feel cold
Eating high-Sugar and high-starch = energetic, warm and relaxed.

It's almost as if balance is a good principle to live by.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals