The Unexpected Downsides of Resveratrol as an Aromatase Inhibitor

sunny

Ray Peat on resveratrol. Not a fan either.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Ray Peat on resveratrol. Not a fan either.

Yes, I've read that article in prep for this article. And to be honest, that has been a very good article from him. I feel like he made indirect claims without backing up his claims. And when I researched some of his claims, I found opposite evidence, usually in animals and humans.

DennisX

Yes, I've read that article in prep for this article. And to be honest, that has been a very good article from him. I feel like he made indirect claims without backing up his claims. And when I researched some of his claims, I found opposite evidence, usually in animals and humans.
What claims did you find opposite evidence for?

GTW

A good friend, veterinarian body builder athlete 40 years ago would try potential androgen agonists and estrogen antagonists. When resveratrol was the new life extension fad he called it reversit all. Not that he noticed any great effect.
I am looking at a bottle of Resveratrol Elite. 30 mg trans resveratrol, 58 mg fenugreek extract. Supposed to be synergistic combination.
Remembering that resveratrol source was grape by product, then Japanese knotweed, sometimes other botanical source. JK is used in TCM and Japanese herbal traditions.

Ben.

then Japanese knotweed, sometimes other botanical source. JK is used in TCM and Japanese herbal traditions.

It is also used for lyme and bartonella infections.

GTW

JK is used to make herbal tea in Japan known as itadori. Itadori said to mean restore health.

supercoolguy

10-12yrs ago. For months I spent good money on the best Resveratrols I could find. Nothing positive to report, until i stopped using the stuff. There are established ways & means of dealing with estro. Resv is Not one of them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals