The Health Cost Of Lockdowns- Death Tolls From Increased Suicide, Blood Shortages, And Other Effects

Every serious societal change or upheaval is seen as a total catastrophe by people who lived in the previous system, but that's just how things change.

I'm sure there were people living under feudalism who were upset at the way mercantilism was rendering feudalism obsolete

michael94

The Puritan idea of virtue through suffering justified the toil of the working classes as noble.[2] And so, Graeber continues, bull**** jobs justify contemporary patterns of living: that the pains of dull work are suitable justification for the ability to fulfill consumer desires, and that fulfilling those desires is indeed the reward for suffering through pointless work. Accordingly, over time, the prosperity extracted from technological advances has been reinvested into industry and consumer growth for its own sake rather than the purchase of additional leisure time from work.[1] bull**** jobs also serve political ends, in which political parties are more concerned about having jobs than whether the jobs are fulfilling. In addition, he contends, populations occupied with busywork have less time to revolt.[3]

Thats a lot of loaded language aimed at a Puritan work ethic. Let's be clear about the sort of Capitalism that exists in America and the rest of the Anglosphere. We have FINANCE capitalism. I agree that there are a lot of "bs" jobs, but Graeber is doing everyone a disservice by focusing on the symptoms and not the causes, namely, Capital Creation in the hands of private banks that answer to no one and endless and effortless income from interest on this Capital. Actually a Puritan work ethic is exactly what could cure our current mess, so long as the currency was honest and representative of labor which it is currently not.

What any so called revolutionary of the current Beast System needs to be focused on is:

1. The Transparency and Purity of their Currency ( this includes Nationalizing the Fed )
2. No longer turning a blind eye to Credit Creation Events happening via Private Bank loans
3. Rejecting the Idea that Capital makes the world go 'round, not Work

Finance Capitalism does not believe in Work, it believes in getting a % return on investment no matter the collateral damage.

Last edited:

S.Seneff

Debored13x: I think you will be very depressed this summer !

S.Seneff

With the lockdown the overall all time capitalism death will never reached the overall all time communism death toll.
What a missed opportunity !

sweetpeat

I dont think you're being very open minded

Capitalism is an authoritarian system.

This lockdown is preventing overaccunulation of capital. Its reducing labor hours. Not killing people
If the virus is as deadly as you believe, wouldn't it then be better to let it run its course without lockdowns? Seems it would kill more that way and reduce the population even further.

RealNeat

Actually no. How are they reporting COVID-19 deaths by the day when still for the 2017 flu deaths the statistics are still saying "preliminary". This is mass hysteria. Not to mention there has been no Koch postulates with this supposed new virus. You have to prove it is pathogenic by taking a purifed sample and giving it to an animal to see if it produces the SAME symptoms across the board.

the isolation might have already been done as this study and this response seem to speculate and show.

Reinfection could not occur in SARS-CoV-2 infected rhesus macaques

Hugh Johnson

I dont think you're being very open minded

Capitalism is an authoritarian system.

This lockdown is preventing overaccunulation of capital. Its reducing labor hours. Not killing people
It is killing people, and the politically connected large corporations either are going to be okay or receiving bailouts. Meanwhile, the state uses this to consolidate power. I think the US created a four trillion slush fund which will create more millionaires and billionaires.

InChristAlone

You can take precautions sure, even I am. We don't know how this "new" virus is going to act, but acting as though we have to be 6 ft away from everyone including family members is absolutely insane. Absolutely insane. Plus this is not the first time we've had bad flu and cold years and yet here we are "sheltering in place". Flattening the curve just burdens the hospitals for longer period of time thus completely exhausting employees and resources. There is no proof quarantining the entire world will stop this virus. It will be there once you come out of your house again. So good luck being fearful for just right now, you won't be able to go back to your normal life ever again if you really fear these viruses.
My thoughts exactly! Flattening the curve will kill the economy even more. Not to mention the people who have
In 2017-2018 flu season 61,00 are estimated to have died from the flu just in the US. Where was any kind of worldwide hysteria?
Also, 45000 people in US each year die from suicide too. Nobody gives a damn about that. Multiply that number by at least 5 if this lockdown goes for a long time.

Quelsatron

Anyone remember those pictures and videos of chinese people dropping on the spot? I haven't seen a single photo like that from anywhere else, was that proven to be from some other thing or did the chinese just troll the ***t out of the entire world?

Giraffe

Anyone remember those pictures and videos of chinese people dropping on the spot? I haven't seen a single photo like that from anywhere else, was that proven to be from some other thing or did the chinese just troll the ***t out of the entire world?
When I saw those pictures, I was thinking of sick people with very high fever that had walked kilometers to see a doctor. Or maybe people with cardiac arrest. And no ambulance came to fetch the critically ill (or the corpses) because the infrastructure was overwhelmed. -- Just my thoughts.

LucyL

Thats a lot of loaded language aimed at a Puritan work ethic. Let's be clear about the sort of Capitalism that exists in America and the rest of the Anglosphere. We have FINANCE capitalism. I agree that there are a lot of "bs" jobs, but Graeber is doing everyone a disservice by focusing on the symptoms and not the causes, namely, Capital Creation in the hands of private banks that answer to no one and endless and effortless income from interest on this Capital. Actually a Puritan work ethic is exactly what could cure our current mess, so long as the currency was honest and representative of labor which it is currently not.

What any so called revolutionary of the current Beast System needs to be focused on is:

1. The Transparency and Purity of their Currency ( this includes Nationalizing the Fed )
2. No longer turning a blind eye to Credit Creation Events happening via Private Bank loans
3. Rejecting the Idea that Capital makes the world go 'round, not Work

Finance Capitalism does not believe in Work, it believes in getting a % return on investment no matter the collateral damage.

+1

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

An article on Townhall, talking about the health effects of the lockdown-

Trump Is Right: Economic Shutdown Will Result in Deadly Health Crisis, Scientists Say

"But, is it really "ignoring science" to say that an economic shutdown "causes other problems... much bigger problems" than the problems associated with the COVID-19 virus?

Actually, it's a scientific fact that a drastic collapse of the economy has enormous health ramifications. The economic despair Americans are now feeling is quite literally a matter of life and death.

According to an exhaustive study and analysis from Lancet (you remember them, they're the folks we're relying on for the catastrophic COVID-19 predictions), the 2008 economic shutdown had devastating health implications.

The London Telegraph wrote about the study in 2016. "From our analysis, we estimate that the economic crisis was associated with over 260,000 excess cancer deaths in the OECD (34-member Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development) alone, between 2008-2010," said Mahiben Maruthappu of Imperial College London. "This suggests that there could have been well over 500,000 excess cancer deaths worldwide during this time."

The report also found that every 1% increase in unemployment was associated with 0.37 additional cancer deaths per 100,000 people.

It makes sense. When people aren't working, their priorities are shifted due to the stress associated with needing to scramble to put food on the table and keep a roof over one's family's heads. One might neglect or put off a check-up for another day and that allows the disease to grow unchecked."

Even linking to a study in The Lancet!

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS2468-2667(16)30018-4/fulltext

I have seen studies that show that cloth masks are fairly useless, but are still recommended.

What would then be the point of governments pushing for mandatory cloth masks, as some already are/are planning to be? Just an exercise in futility for doing anything suggested as a means of "stopping the unstoppable?" Because it is ironic how people are saying that six figures of people will be dying or etc. (in the U.S.A.) regardless of the actions taken. So what would being forced to implement said actions imposed on us accomplish (especially considering the data showing how these masks do not do what they are believed or hoped to do)?

I get the impression of authority and mass-driven guilt in order to convert everyone to the proper narrative and compliance protocol. I witnessed footage of people in China being scolded and punished in the streets for not wearing simple masks -- things that may not even provably make a big difference in whether any disease will spread or such (there is also the angle on wearing gloves too). Don't forget that all of this is being urged and pushed on people as if it is the bread and butter of solutions while still speaking of high death toll estimates+guaranteed economic collapse; and sky high job loss+talks about how everything; and how everyone is going through a "new normal" and guaranteed hard times getting harder all despite the assumption of everyone following suit of these supposedly critical and important steps needed to "stop the spread" and make things "better."

Last edited:
OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

More- Reuters Published an article on April 3rd, talking about both the increase in suicides, and domestic violence as @haidut pointed out early in the thread. Apparently, calls reporting domestic violence have already risen in several areas of the country-

COVID’s Other Casualties

Scientific American now warning about the risk of increased suicides- COVID-19 Is Likely to Lead to an Increase in Suicides

Local News station in Grand Rapids MI also reporting on this trend- Suicide dangers grow during COVID-19 pandemic

Air Force Academy relaxes rules after two cadets commit suicide (also reported by The Washington Post)- https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/air-f...social-distancing-rules-after-cadet-suicides/

Even major media are starting to mention this.

We have a "Corona Virus" stat tracker. Where is the "Lockdown Suicide" stat tracker?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals