The Health Cost Of Lockdowns- Death Tolls From Increased Suicide, Blood Shortages, And Other Effects

haidut

Forum Supporter
More- Reuters Published an article on April 3rd, talking about both the increase in suicides, and domestic violence as @haidut pointed out early in the thread. Apparently, calls reporting domestic violence have already risen in several areas of the country-

COVID’s Other Casualties

Scientific American now warning about the risk of increased suicides- COVID-19 Is Likely to Lead to an Increase in Suicides

Local News station in Grand Rapids MI also reporting on this trend- Suicide dangers grow during COVID-19 pandemic

Air Force Academy relaxes rules after two cadets commit suicide (also reported by The Washington Post)- https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/air-f...social-distancing-rules-after-cadet-suicides/

Even major media are starting to mention this.

We have a "Corona Virus" stat tracker. Where is the "Lockdown Suicide" stat tracker?

About a week ago it was only one article and now they are everywhere, which suggests there is a broad increase in domestic violence in many jurisdictions.
Several cities seeing jumps in domestic violence reports amid pandemic - CNN
How Coronavirus Is Affecting Victims of Domestic Violence
Increase in domestic violence feared in coronavirus lockdown
In quarantine with an abuser: surge in domestic violence reports linked to coronavirus
https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/domestic-abuse-cases-could-escalate-during-coronavirus-crisis/

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Indiana sees 'alarming' spike in mental health, addiction issues amid coronavirus

'Alarming' statistics

During Gov. Eric Holcomb's Friday press briefing, Family and Social Services Administration Secretary Dr. Jennifer Sullivan revealed what she called "alarming" numbers around mental health and addiction in the state.

Sullivan said Indiana's 211 hotline went from receiving roughly 1,000 calls a day regarding mental health -- including suicidal ideation -- to 25,000 calls a day. And calls to Indiana's addiction hotlines went from an average of 20 a week to 20 a day.

"For those with substance use disorder, this can be an especially scary time," Sullivan said. "They say that the opposite of addiction is not sobriety, but connection. And it's very easy to be disconnected right now."

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

This one is interesting-

Egypt billionaire threatens suicide if coronavirus curfew continues

Sawiris has hit out at coronavirus measures in recent weeks, over the potential for long-term economic damage.

In a tweet on 5 March, the billionaire said, “I took a decision, I don’t want to hear or speak about the coronavirus ever again… It’s unbelievable. Are we going to stop living because we are afraid of a virus?

Coronavirus: Egyptian billionaire tells workers to return to factories 'regardless of consequences'

In a TV interview widely criticised by labour rights advocates, Naguib Sawiris said Egyptians should go back to work after the end of a two-week curfew - on 8 April - to prevent economic collapse.

"We need a revolutionary decision, regardless of the consequences," he told TV host Lamees Hadidi on the Saudi-owned Al-Hadath channel.

"Even if people get sick, they will recover," he said.

"Let me tell you something, I will commit suicide if they extend the [curfew] period."

How often do you hear of free living, healthy Billionaires publicly threatening suicide?

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Here's another one, an archived version of a Medium article by A.J. Kay (Medium deleted it)

The Curve Is Already Flat

She talks about the issue that COVID 19 might have already swept through most states, but the really gripping part of the story is here-

"It’s possible that the COVID curve is already flat because if we are at or nearing the peak, we are effectively coping with the healthcare demand, and a large segment of the US population may already be immune, rendering most, if not all, of the impending economic damage unnecessary.

If COVID began 60 days earlier, canceling “elective” healthcare procedures, closing schools, and shutting down the economy is too high a price to pay to slow the rate of transmission of a disease that is slowing on its own and has a much lower case fatality rate (CFR) than initially assumed.

I will admit that I have a horse in this race. Five of them, actually. I’m one of the millions of people paying that very high price.

Fifteen months ago, I was diagnosed with a tumor in my liver. Because of its location, the risk/benefit of performing a diagnostic biopsy on the mass was too low to justify proceeding, so my oncologist took a watch-and-wait approach. Six months ago, I was relieved by a follow-up scan that indicated it had not grown. Nonetheless, in the last two weeks, I have developed GI symptoms that are consistent with the tumor spreading. As of now, I am unable to get a scan to rule out the possibility of metastasis of my disease because the imaging necessary to monitor my liver is considered “elective”. And when the healthcare system does finally come back online, the backlog of patients like me will result in even more delays to access.

Should the worst-case come to pass for me, and I later discover that I do have cancer that has spread and we missed the window to diagnose and treat it, my life will be one of many casualties of the COVID response. My four daughters will grow up without their mother and will likely be left in the custody of their father whom they currently only see every other weekend (two of them are completely estranged for him) and who has recently lost his job as nurse administrator of an outpatient orthopedic surgical facility due to CVOID-19. The owners were forced to shut the facility down a week ago because the governor of our state issued a ban on elective surgeries. His financial stability is doubly in question because the economic security measures that have been put in place for individuals affected by COVID specifically exclude healthcare workers.

So, in my little family alone, not only are my kids suffering the typical cabin fever and educational setbacks, but I have lost most of my freelance writing income, their father has lost his job which provided 50% of our financial support, we were not able to pay rent yesterday, and I am unable to obtain what could potentially be life-saving health care.

The current cumulative total of hospitalized COVID patients in my home state of Arizona as of this writing, and for which all of these sacrifices are being made, is 228. And that’s the cumulative number than has been accruing since March 24th, not the number currently hospitalized. Arizona has 14,790 hospital beds.

Our curve is flat.

My family is making mandated sacrifices in order to reserve capacity in the healthcare system for COVID patients who do not currently (and likely will never) exist — all because the COVID curve predicated on an inaccurate seed date says that the overwhelming surge is just barely beginning.

And our circumstances are not special.

Just in the realm of “elective” healthcare, melanomas across the nation are metastasizing because routine mole checks aren’t being conducted. Cancers are going unrestricted because hospitals aren’t allowed to do most surgeries. Early diabetes is going undiagnosed because you can’t do A1C bloodwork with closed labs. Both life-saving and quality-of-life-preserving care is being withheld because we are conserving capacity for COVID-19 patients that, in a lot of areas, will never materialize.

And, health-related considerations aside, we are also wrecking the livelihoods of millions of Americans in service of preventing transmission among many who have likely already been exposed and recovered."

Gone Peating

Here's another one, an archived version of a Medium article by A.J. Kay (Medium deleted it)

She talks about the issue that COVID 19 might have already swept through most states, but the really gripping part of the story is here-

"It’s possible that the COVID curve is already flat because if we are at or nearing the peak, we are effectively coping with the healthcare demand, and a large segment of the US population may already be immune, rendering most, if not all, of the impending economic damage unnecessary.

If COVID began 60 days earlier, canceling “elective” healthcare procedures, closing schools, and shutting down the economy is too high a price to pay to slow the rate of transmission of a disease that is slowing on its own and has a much lower case fatality rate (CFR) than initially assumed.

I will admit that I have a horse in this race. Five of them, actually. I’m one of the millions of people paying that very high price.

Fifteen months ago, I was diagnosed with a tumor in my liver. Because of its location, the risk/benefit of performing a diagnostic biopsy on the mass was too low to justify proceeding, so my oncologist took a watch-and-wait approach. Six months ago, I was relieved by a follow-up scan that indicated it had not grown. Nonetheless, in the last two weeks, I have developed GI symptoms that are consistent with the tumor spreading. As of now, I am unable to get a scan to rule out the possibility of metastasis of my disease because the imaging necessary to monitor my liver is considered “elective”. And when the healthcare system does finally come back online, the backlog of patients like me will result in even more delays to access.

Should the worst-case come to pass for me, and I later discover that I do have cancer that has spread and we missed the window to diagnose and treat it, my life will be one of many casualties of the COVID response. My four daughters will grow up without their mother and will likely be left in the custody of their father whom they currently only see every other weekend (two of them are completely estranged for him) and who has recently lost his job as nurse administrator of an outpatient orthopedic surgical facility due to CVOID-19. The owners were forced to shut the facility down a week ago because the governor of our state issued a ban on elective surgeries. His financial stability is doubly in question because the economic security measures that have been put in place for individuals affected by COVID specifically exclude healthcare workers.

So, in my little family alone, not only are my kids suffering the typical cabin fever and educational setbacks, but I have lost most of my freelance writing income, their father has lost his job which provided 50% of our financial support, we were not able to pay rent yesterday, and I am unable to obtain what could potentially be life-saving health care.

The current cumulative total of hospitalized COVID patients in my home state of Arizona as of this writing, and for which all of these sacrifices are being made, is 228. And that’s the cumulative number than has been accruing since March 24th, not the number currently hospitalized. Arizona has 14,790 hospital beds.

Our curve is flat.

My family is making mandated sacrifices in order to reserve capacity in the healthcare system for COVID patients who do not currently (and likely will never) exist — all because the COVID curve predicated on an inaccurate seed date says that the overwhelming surge is just barely beginning.

Just in the realm of “elective” healthcare, melanomas across the nation are metastasizing because routine mole checks aren’t being conducted. Cancers are going unrestricted because hospitals aren’t allowed to do most surgeries. Early diabetes is going undiagnosed because you can’t do A1C bloodwork with closed labs. Both life-saving and quality-of-life-preserving care is being withheld because we are conserving capacity for COVID-19 patients that, in a lot of areas, will never materialize.

And, health-related considerations aside, we are also wrecking the livelihoods of millions of Americans in service of preventing transmission among many who have likely already been exposed and recovered."

This one hit me hard, very sad.

More people will most likely die as a result of the shutdown than from “covid”

lampofred

Our curve is flat.

Holy... I didn't realize that people with other conditions were literally being put on hold for an influx of COVID patients that only hypothetically might come.

Is there anything we can do?

theLaw

Tons of overlap between Peat and Ayyadurai.

Last edited:

KTownSatfats

Then practice what you preach and stop quarantining yourself and go out and get the virus. No one is stopping you, I promise.
It’s getting kinda annoying, your persistent and long winded efforts to spread doom and fear. Especially as you’re getting rather abusive in your tirade. This last was pretty childish.
If you love to defend your limitations, great! Many do. It’s just that there’s nothing new in what you’re voicing here. As others have pointed out, this huge defense of what is causing a crashing economy among many other things, is being shoved down our throats on a more than daily basis. Everybody has already heard it multiple times. Doesn’t in any way make it true. For me, the oftener I hear the same warnings (over and over and over), the more suspicious I become. I don’t know about anyone else, but I call it brainwashing. And darn, don’t brainwashing work! You bet it does! Hence the sheeple paradigm.

KTownSatfats

Okay. That's your opinion.
As if Tanka had just blindly asserted his opinion or feeling on the issue. Not the case. He backed up his ‘opinion’ quite logically. “Okay. That’s your opinion” sounds like just stubbornly refusing to thoughtfully consider what’s presented to you in a logical way.

thomas00

S.Seneff

Did these people have antibody against sars-cov 2 ?
Medical drugs could probably messing with this process.

David PS

If you are talking about the A.J. Kay article, I still see it. Even better, Tracy Beanz re-published it on her site, with permission.

The Curve is Already Flat - UncoverDC

I agree that the curve may already be flat. But for me, a flat curve is not enough. The images in
How some cities ‘flattened the curve’ during the 1918 flu pandemic show the curves and social distancing for about 30 cities. At least back then, 2 rounds of social distancing were sometimes needed even after the curve had clearly sloped downward. There may not be a one-size-fits-all period of time for social distancing.

Last edited:
OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

I agree that the curve may already be flat. But for me, a flat curve is not enough. The images in
How some cities ‘flattened the curve’ during the 1918 flu pandemic show the curves and social distancing for about 30 cities. At least back then, 2 rounds of social distancing were sometimes needed even after the curve had clearly sloped downward. There may not be a one-size-fits-all period of time for social distancing.

You are comparing something that is estimated to have killed 20-50 Million over 18 months and had a dramatic effect on the overall mortality rate, with something that is only linked with 76,000 deaths over 4 months, and has had no detectable impact on overall mortality.

You might as well be compare the building of the Empire State Building to a 500 square foot cottage.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals