Tarmanders Auto-Immune Log

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Did you take vitamin D with magnesium and vitamin K (10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ MK-4)? And maybe a multivitamin to get RDA amounts of vitamin A, iodine, etc?
no multi or iodine, but yes with magnesium and I preloaded k2 for most of the year. I was planning on taking more K if I continued taking D after a couple months.

baccheion

no multi or iodine, but yes with magnesium and I preloaded k2 for most of the year. I was planning on taking more K if I continued taking D after a couple months.
Preloading K doesn't make sense, as it has a short half-life. It's better to take it everyday.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Preloading K doesn't make sense, as it has a short half-life. It's better to take it everyday.
Yeah...I just can't imagine I got a cough from not being on K2 when I have been megadosing it for a year.

Makrosky

I again am not knowledgeable, but my hit for myself was this was the problem. I went back to a varied diet of home cooked foods including all ranges of vegetables and good variety of fruits and meats, etc, less supplements, good saturated fats including olive oil - avoiding all other vegetable oils, a glass of milk a day not huge quantities, occasional white fish, eggs, seafood, occasional avocado, one glass of orange juice or homemade lemonade a day, etc. Balance and moderation, healthy home cooked foods, daily yoga and meditation, increased deep love with my husband, walking, etc., accepting that I am a bit heavier (healthier) than my skinny diet restriction days, etc.

I have never felt better AND including perimenopausal stress, still never felt better.

There is something to recognizing the wisdom learned from Peat, applying it according to each of our circumstances. It is easy to get caught up in islands and camps. I honestly try to avoid such antithesis dialectics. I am more about inclusion these days rather than exclusion, even in diet. I think it sets up a much healthier energetic stance.
+1 for this. I think we should get out of the Peat constriction ASAP. Use the tools of it they help us but don't take it as a dogma. I had a sudden insight a few weeks ago about one thing : What on earth is more authoritarian than following a health paradigm promoted by just a single individual person? 1=authoritarian. Think about it guys.

By the way. I have been away from the forum for many months. The moment I started reading it again I could clearly feel the adrenaling pumping in, the anxiety, the rumination... all creepong in... I think taking long breaks from health related sites is very calming and healthy. Too much worries about xenoestrogen, deficiwncies, new theories, etc... they made me very unhappy. And still... I'm glad to chat with you guys and ladies again.

Last edited:
L

lollipop

+1 for this. I think we should get out of the Peat constriction ASAP. Use the tools of it they help us but don't take it as a dogma. I had a sudden insight a few weeks ago about one thing : What on earth is more authoritarian than following a health paradigm promoted by just a single individual person? 1=authoritarian. Think about it guys.

By the way. I have been away from the forum for many months. The moment I started reading it again I could clearly feel the adrenaling pumping in, the anxiety, the rumination... all creepong in... I think taking long breaks from health related sites is very calming and healthy. Too much worries about xenoestrogen, deficiwncies, new theories, etc... they made me very unhappy. And still... I'm glad to chat with you guys and ladies again.
+1

Nice to see you @Makrosky :): I was wondering just a few days back how you were doing - and voilà here you are!

Makrosky

+1

Nice to see you @Makrosky :): I was wondering just a few days back how you were doing - and voilà here you are!

Lisa :wave:

I'm backpacking in south america since february so I had to be away from the forum and internet in general. Information detox is a serious issue. The moment I'm bored and check the news or the forum.... anxiety starts creeping in.

I'll post some health related insights I gained during the trip when I come back :):

L

lollipop

I'm backpacking in south america since february so I had to be away from the forum and internet in general. Information detox is a serious issue. The moment I'm bored and check the news or the forum.... anxiety starts creeping in.

I'll post some health related insights I gained during the trip when I come back :):
Woot! Have an awesome trip ❤️

InChristAlone

Results are in for my higher dose vitamin D test. Here is the summary timeline:

•Mid October, started taking higher doses of vitamin D, anywhere from 4000-12000 IU per day.
•Blood test at the end of October showed the following:
Vitamin D level (35-100 range) 33.9
PTH (15-65 range) 22
•October 31st began taking 20k IU of vitamin D per day
•November 21st second blood test administered, results:
Vitamin D level (35-100 range) 68
PTH (12-65 range) 15
•November 26th ceased vitamin D due to adverse side effects.

At first, vitamin D made me feel amazing. For most of October and into November I had great improvements:

•my eyesight improved
•I lost a few pounds
•any brain fog went away, and I was calmer with more patience.
•blood sugars were insanely better with no sign of dawn phenom. Tresiba dosage went from 36 to 31, a 14% decrease in basal insulin needs. Short term insulin needs also decreased.
•Lots of fatigue at first which disappeared as time went on. Energy levels exploded in early November. I began lifting weights and working out again.
•I went from 4 drops of tyromix and 1 dosage of tyromax per day down to 1 dosage of tyromax and 1 drop of tyromix per day. TSH still fell to .07 (!) and free T3 at 6.2 (1.4-4.1 range) from the November 21st blood test. So thyroid massively increased while lowering the amount I took. I could seemingly lower it further.
•Cholesterol fell from the usual 230 to 195.
•Allergies and sneezing has decreased by 90%+
•EMF sensitivity has gone down. I do not notice at first when someone has their cell phone on next to me...takes maybe 20 minutes now.
•Ability to sit in front of the computer without feeling off also got better.

However, around the first week of November, I started to have this little cough. Nothing major, but ongoing. I also began to become out of breath at times, especially after eating. Gums and gluten free foods made it worse. Towards mid November, I began coughing up yellow phlegm frequently. In the past week, this has become chronic, and I am having a very difficult time breathing. I wheeze throughout the night which disturbs sleep. I am coughing up at least a couple tablespoons of phlegm per day. I have a constant headache and body ache from the cough. The couple hours after meals are tortuous as I struggle to pull air into my lungs. I tried to lower the amount of vitamin D I was taking from 20k to 8-12k, but the coughing symptoms did not resolve enough for comfort. So I am discontinuing until the coughing subsides, and I can figure outhow to get around it.

Theories on the coughing:
•Gut related. Perhaps the vitamin D is agitating my guts in someway, causing endotoxin and who knows what. I switched from taking liquid to putting the vitamin D in a pill and that seemed to help in a small way.
•Bad bacteria in my gut lowered my vitamin D levels to accomplish a chronic inflection. The raised vitamin D has unleashed some war in my gut and I am getting overgrowth that is causing terrible endotoxin or something.

I have a soil based probiotic I might try that are supposed to have some antibiotic like effects. I also found Mastic Gum slightly helpful in opening up my airways. I was also interested in D-limonene but I am not sure how effective that is. Any other ideas I am open to hearing.
Could it be asthma? Vitamin D supplementation increased asthma incidence.

InChristAlone

What's your source for this? The studies I've seen suggest just the opposite.... that vitamin D supplementation reduces asthma incidence, and/or severity. Like this overview, for example- A Review on the Role of Vitamin D in Asthma
I'm sorry you are right. Dr. Garrett Smith should take down his cod liver oil presentation as it was done before he knew about the vitamin A issue and he literally ignored the fact that cod liver oil is high in vitamin A and misrepresented this study to claim it was the vitamin D. Which is the opposite excess retinoids cause asthma. https://thorax.bmj.com/content/68/1/25

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I'm sorry you are right. Dr. Garrett Smith should take down his cod liver oil presentation as it was done before he knew about the vitamin A issue and he literally ignored the fact that cod liver oil is high in vitamin A and misrepresented this study to claim it was the vitamin D. Which is the opposite excess retinoids cause asthma. https://thorax.bmj.com/content/68/1/25
Yeah I also thought it helped with Asthma but I got the opposite...really felt sometimes like my breathing tube was closing off. Some scary times actually.

Welcome back Makrosky. I hear ya. I stopped reading health stuff for awhile and it was pretty great. There is definitely an aspect of addiction to information or anxiety with this stuff. But at the same time, I stopped reading because I was feeling wonderful. I had discovered taking more electrolytes, I had energy, things were awesome. Then I started having reflux issues and I could not take as many electrolytes as I was. Energy started falling, sleep was not great. Then discovered Coimbra and had a whole new world to explore....Just when I thought I was out! They pull me back in...

Makrosky

Yeah I also thought it helped with Asthma but I got the opposite...really felt sometimes like my breathing tube was closing off. Some scary times actually.

Welcome back Makrosky. I hear ya. I stopped reading health stuff for awhile and it was pretty great. There is definitely an aspect of addiction to information or anxiety with this stuff. But at the same time, I stopped reading because I was feeling wonderful. I had discovered taking more electrolytes, I had energy, things were awesome. Then I started having reflux issues and I could not take as many electrolytes as I was. Energy started falling, sleep was not great. Then discovered Coimbra and had a whole new world to explore....Just when I thought I was out! They pull me back in...

Same thing to me... I was doing great, catched what seems to be sinusities, came to the forum to check for info and... bam... hooked again. Lol. Btw what if you use some natural antacids with the electrolytes? Like calcium carbonate.

Makrosky

Alive? You wish. But I don't want to be a pessimist, there's always a first.
Meu amigo. If the insane ammounts of PUFA they use here or the higienic conditions don't give me a parasite infestation... I think I will be alive and well :)

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Same thing to me... I was doing great, catched what seems to be sinusities, came to the forum to check for info and... bam... hooked again. Lol. Btw what if you use some natural antacids with the electrolytes? Like calcium carbonate.
It wasn't so much stomach issues, as magnesium chloride was messing with my esophagus and making my windpipe close up. Vitamin D exasperated this big time. Mag chloride in pills works fine.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Update:

Last time I was posting I was suffering from breathing issues brought on from taking larger doses of vitamin D (20k IU). I continued to have these problems through December. I eventually went to a doctor who prescribed Prilosec and an inhaler. The prilosec got rid of the breathing issues, but obviously I did not want to take it unless there was a breathing emergency. I had one in December, and then another in January when I did some traveling where I had to take it for a few days to get through.

As the breathing thing became worse, I started to ditch everything and anything I was on. I threw out the electrolytes, brocolli extract...really anything I was taking. I was really trying to get to the bottom. I researched hernias, LPR, regular reflux...anything. I also decided to start the low vitamin A diet. I figured that vitamin D was so powerful in lowering the amount of insulin I needed, along with some other awesome benefits, maybe I could get those same benefits in a roundabout way by going low vitamin A.

The low vitamin A diet works. All the benefits that others have mentioned I experienced.
•Better sleep. Restless leg is completely gone.
•I have gone from taking 36 units of long acting insulin a day to 22 units! Vitamin D dropped me to 26-28 units, the low vitamin A diet dropped me the rest of the way.
•I have been steadily losing weight: in the low 190s, without really trying. Lowest in years.
•Inflammation has dropped, and that has felt odd. I have been sick several times. Colds and sore throats. When I think back to when I started eating liver under Peat...I got sick very rarely, if ever. I wonder if the vitamin A was causing inflammation which was keeping sickness at bay. In some ways I feel fragile, but am strengthening. I also am less emotional, less angry, less aggressive, and more peaceful. All from the drop in inflammation. I have had some thoughts about this. Inflammation probably is a motivator for many people. It makes you feel like something is wrong and you need to get out there and solve it. Losing that all at once is very strange.

At the moment, the breathing thing can come back, but it is slowly leaving. I have not had problems for the last couple weeks. WAlking in the sun without sun glasses seems to help a lot, and staring at a screen seems to hurt. I think a probiotic I tried is helping too, although I know it's tuurrribblee. I think for autoimmune, the low vitamin A diet is the way to go. The coimbra high vitamin D path is fraught with risks. In between the Coimbra facebook group's hugging each other and talking about how right it all is, there are people who discuss problems with these high vitamin D dosages. I even found another guy who was having breathing problems similar to mine. Adding something is always more risky then taking something away. I wish I had never tried higher doses of vitamin D, but then I would not have the knowledge and be able to share it (Yeah Burt, you jerk).

The other idea I had was that part of why I was having breathing issues even after getting off the vitamin D was because my body is dealing with the vitamin A and getting rid of it. The vitamin D accelerated that process, but the diet continues it. I dunno, just thinking.

I think the low vitamin A diet is the truth. Something feels different than any other experiment I have tried. Something feels right. Hard to explain. Feels like a chapter in my life is in the rear view and I can start living.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think the low vitamin A diet is the truth. Something feels different than any other experiment I have tried. Something feels right. Hard to explain. Feels like a chapter in my life is in the rear view and I can start living.
I agree 100%. Glad you are doing better.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:feelsgoodman

InChristAlone

Wow that's good news. Vitamin A definitely suppresses sickness in the short term, its a known measles treatment for instance. So are you off most dairy then? I still have not gone that far and so am not seeing the same benefits. How low did you go?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom