Tabacco And Erections

redred

The problem is that you are on a Ray Peat forum, not in a bar talking ***t with friends. By being abrasive and not backing up your n=1 opinions with fact, you are only insulting the intelligence of the forum members, the majority of whom may know a lot more about health and nutrition than you do...
its not my opinions, smoking causes cancer. and a slew of other diseases and health problems. tobacco is toxic. even peat has said so m8

"
Smoking/Nicotine
[Snus] In old people, a little nicotine can have a balancing effect, improving alertness, and probably protecting nerves, for example in the negative association with Parkinson's disease. But in younger people, its vasoconstrictive effect tends to promote the development of wrinkles in the skin, and I think it's likely to contribute to periodontal disease.

[Niacinamide for quitting smoking] After middle age, nicotine isn't likely to become addictive, and in small amounts it has nerve protective effects. Some of those effects probably overlap with the nerve protective effects of niacinamide. I haven't experimented with nicotine or tobacco, but I think transdermal application is preferable to smoking; carbon monoxide and other serious toxins are produced by burning the tobacco."

from one search

redsun

better to be abrasive and saving peoples lives imo

Do you not comprehend how ridiculous you sound especially in THIS forum of all places. Your worried about tobacco? This forum is filled with people taking all kinds of hormones, weird herbs, strange supplements, medicine like aspirin, strong usually only available by prescription drugs... If you want to be against using tobacco, that is one thing. Provide evidence, provide your opinion, try to persuade, but as someone else I think trying to ram your ideas down someone's throat is the best way to waste your time.

redred

Do you not comprehend how ridiculous you sound especially in THIS forum of all places. Your worried about tobacco? This forum is filled with people taking all kinds of hormones, weird herbs, strange supplements, medicine like aspirin, strong usually only available by prescription drugs... If you want to be against using tobacco, that is one thing. Provide evidence, provide your opinion, try to persuade, but as someone else I think trying to ram your ideas down someone's throat is the best way to waste your time.

op asked for help, I gave him help tips. if you smoke you loose your teeth and health. simple as.

redred

I don't disagree. Shouldn't be calling people addicts though.
that I agree on, and I apologize to anyone that I called addicted. its probably based on thyroid issues. but seriously, tobacco is bad, it will destroy peoples health

was thinking of this thread when you wrote that btw

Let's Stop Pretending

Jam

its not my opinions, smoking causes cancer. and a slew of other diseases and health problems. tobacco is toxic. even peat has said so m8

I really think you need to make a clear distinction between "smoking" and "tobacco", as you have been liberally mixing the two up when in reality they are two entirely different animals. I agree with you that smoking may cause cancer. However, there is absolutely no evidence at all that smokeless tobacco does. In fact, there is a mountain of evidence to the contrary, especially with regards to Swedish snus. Not to say that smokeless tobacco is without risks... but hey, nothing is without risks, even a simple stroll outside, so let's leave that alone shall we?

Jam

I haven't read it all, but some of the studies that site is referencing have been rendered obsolete or outright rejected by newer, more comprehensive ones. For example, the studies showing a (very minor) increased risk in pancreatic cancer from smokeless tobacco have since lost much of their relevance after publication of the newer PanC4 international study.

lampofred

Smoke is carcinogenic but I think nicotine itself has anticancer effects by increasing adrenergic activity.

redred

Smoke is carcinogenic but I think nicotine itself has anticancer effects by increasing adrenergic activity.
there is a connection between snus usage and cancer in the stomach, lungs, intestines and anus but yeah whatever only smoke is bad

Jam

there is a connection between snus usage and cancer in the stomach, lungs, intestines and anus

Utter bull****. Where is the proof??

postman

Smoking is very toxic, and snus also has a bunch of carcinogens in it. You could try nicotine by itself, which is not a carcinogen.

Jam

Smoking is very toxic, and snus also has a bunch of carcinogens in it. You could try nicotine by itself, which is not a carcinogen.

Um, which carcinogens exactly does snus contain?

lampofred

there is a connection between snus usage and cancer in the stomach, lungs, intestines and anus but yeah whatever only smoke is bad

I was referring to clean nicotine gum with no toxic fillers, not snus.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals