Minoxidil causes side effects including sexual and maybe D3

Kappa

hello this is my first thread. i am very concerned and have been suffering from side effects of minoxidil for about 1 year and 6 months. i had migraine, brain fog, muscle weakness, depressive mood, sleep problems and so on for a very long time, but the side effects have mostly improved by supplementing b vitamins. but i still suffer from sexual side effects. i have 0 libido and ed. i have seldom and weak erections in the morning and never spontaneous erections. I am practically asexuelic because of 0 libido. when i used minoxidil i had watery sperm but now it improved but not pre minoxidil. before minoxidil i never had any sexual problems other than premature ejaculation. But I should also mention that I trained very intensively for a while before minoxidil and then after 4 month hard training I started vit. D3, K2, msm, magensium oil and b complex. after supplementing this stuff i had no power for weight lifting but i was thinking it was because of hard training and I didn't think it could be because of the supplements.

I would be very happy if you can give me any advice

@haidut I know you are very busy but I would be happy if you also can give me advice if you have any

edoos

I would be surprised topical minoxidil can cause so much sides. How much are you applying and at which strength? Do you use any other anti-androgen? Minoxidil can have an effect on androgen, but to this extent I'm not sure. Topically applied with gloves should limit the systemic absorption, even if I think there is less than 5% o the dose topically applied who can go systemic.

OP
K

Kappa

it does. 5% minoxidil and i think i overdosed it but i dont remember exacly i applied it +- 3 month but i took 1-2 rather 2 packs. 1 pack is for 3 month.

Last edited:

serling78

I've been on minoxidil for the better part of 3 years and I can say for me D3 and magnesium cause much more negative libido effects than anything else. I would strongly look into those VS the minoxidil. D3 for me is amazing in the fact it makes me feel good and is by far the best weight lifting supplement I have ever found (because it's a hormone, so standard supplements can't compare) but it also comes with horrible bloating /constipation, facial flushing, and libido destruction. Magnesium has similar negative libido effects, but due to it being so calming. Magnesium makes me feel very relaxed and helps me sleep, but it's like it calms EVERYTHING and my body no longer has any desire for sex. Honestly if it wasn't for the muscle building results I wouldn't even mess with D3 at all. And the magnesium is necessary for me while on D3 because it helps calm the facial flushing and let's me sleep. It's a bad cycle because ultimately both give great benefits at the expense of libido.

Long story short, I would look into and experiment with stopping the D3 and magnesium for a week to see if it's really the minoxidil causing the libido issues. It varies wildly by person, so this may not be your problem. I know a ton of people actually get libido enhancements from those two supplements, but I can only speak to my own experience.

Kram

I've been on minoxidil for the better part of 3 years and I can say for me D3 and magnesium cause much more negative libido effects than anything else. I would strongly look into those VS the minoxidil. D3 for me is amazing in the fact it makes me feel good and is by far the best weight lifting supplement I have ever found (because it's a hormone, so standard supplements can't compare) but it also comes with horrible bloating /constipation, facial flushing, and libido destruction. Magnesium has similar negative libido effects, but due to it being so calming. Magnesium makes me feel very relaxed and helps me sleep, but it's like it calms EVERYTHING and my body no longer has any desire for sex. Honestly if it wasn't for the muscle building results I wouldn't even mess with D3 at all. And the magnesium is necessary for me while on D3 because it helps calm the facial flushing and let's me sleep. It's a bad cycle because ultimately both give great benefits at the expense of libido.

Long story short, I would look into and experiment with stopping the D3 and magnesium for a week to see if it's really the minoxidil causing the libido issues. It varies wildly by person, so this may not be your problem. I know a ton of people actually get libido enhancements from those two supplements, but I can only speak to my own experience.
Lots of people suffer sexual side effects from minoxidil. It's supposedly anti-androgenic although I have never looked into the mechanism.

Shadow5

If the guys here can help with this condition, should be great ;(

Also an minox sufferer... Sexual sides

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals