Tabacco And Erections

Frankdee20

Can smoking 3 cigarettes a day boost erections? Or the opposite?

The Tobacco has effects on vasoconstriction and blood flow, if I had to advise, and I have only been a smoker for 3 years, if you have decent blood flow and erection capacity anyway, three cannot hurt. Now, low dose Nicotine and Tobacco comes with it's own enhancement of hormones, and acetylcholine slash dopamine profiles. This can enhance it through brain signalling, but ultimately, blood flow and constriction is the issue.

Jam

3 cigarettes a day? IMO no, unless you have underlying issues. It never affected me negatively (or positively, that I'm aware of) during the 20 years I smoked a pack a day. And I continue to get raging boners at 47 since switching to Swedish snus 7 years ago, even on those days that I chain snus (and that's much more nicotine than smoking a pack of cigarettes...)

redred

3 cigarettes a day? IMO no, unless you have underlying issues. It never affected me negatively (or positively, that I'm aware of) during the 20 years I smoked a pack a day. And I continue to get raging boners at 47 since switching to Swedish snus 7 years ago, even on those days that I chain snus (and that's much more nicotine than smoking a pack of cigarettes...)
How is your dental health if I might ask? Any missing teeth? Holes? cavities? periodontal diseases?

Alot of people develop lungcancer years after they quit smoking fyi.

boris

My blood pressure goes crazy even with 1 cigarette a day. @redred lung cancer is an interesting one. I know 2 people who died of lung cancer and they never smoked in their life.

Frankdee20

My blood pressure goes crazy even with 1 cigarette a day. @redred lung cancer is an interesting one. I know 2 people who died of lung cancer and they never smoked in their life.

That is because smoking increases chances of getting it by only ten percent relative to non smokers.

redred

lungcancer is just one of many diseases that smokers get. hairloss, loosing your teeth, bad skin, gum disease, less energy, thyroid problems etc etc

smokers like frankdee20 wants to justify his addiction so he defends it.

Frankdee20

lungcancer is just one of many diseases that smokers get. hairloss, loosing your teeth, bad skin, gum disease, less energy, thyroid problems etc etc

smokers like frankdee20 wants to justify his addiction so he defends it.

You can justify being a dickwad

Frankdee20

Did I not state something factual ? Let the guy come to his own ******* conclusions.

Jam

How is your dental health if I might ask? Any missing teeth? Holes? cavities? periodontal diseases?

Alot of people develop lungcancer years after they quit smoking fyi.

Yeah I've gone into detail in another thread about this: I developed pretty severe periodontal disease during those 20 years that I smoked, but I know plenty of people that smoked much longer and have no dental issues. But in my case, I know for a fact that smoking was a primary cause. I had severe calculus buildup under the gumline which ate away at my periodontal tissues, causing many teeth to become loose. Strangely enough, I have zero cavities. Anyhow, my periodontal health is now fairly stable, after getting much of that crap out (and implementing an almost religious self-care protocol), but I lost half of my molars and all wisdom teeth. I no longer have any plaque or tartar buildup... but yeah, YMMV I guess. I'm convinced that any form of smoking damages the vast majority of users, in different and specific ways, even if it's almost never apparent at first.

Jam

im glad we sorted that out you only lost half your teeth:joyful:

I was talking erection-wise, see the thread title and OP. Oh, and while I'm clearing things up for you, I lost half of my molars.

redred

I was talking erection-wise, see the topic and OP. Oh, and while I'm clearing things up for you, I lost half of my molars.
and your wisdom teeth

and btw snus will eat your gums I see it first hand here in sweden

Jam

and your wisdom teeth

and btw snus will eat your gums I see it first hand here in sweden

Hasn't so far, and I make my dentist check every 6 months.

redred

Hasn't so far, and I make my dentist check every 6 months.
the reason why im being abrasive is because I used to be a smoker and snus user myself. there is literally nothing good about it at all. the only ones who defend tobacco in peat forums are the ones that are addicted and wants to justify their addiction.

Jam

and your wisdom teeth

In France, for example, it is common practice to pull everyone's wisdom teeth as soon as they're out, so I really don't consider those a big loss. Adult humans have 12 molars, including wisdom teeth, and counting the latter, and I've lost 8 teeth, out of a total of 32. So, if math is not an opinion, I've lost a quarter of my teeth. Anything else?

Jam

the reason why im being abrasive is because I used to be a smoker and snus user myself. there is literally nothing good about it at all. the only ones who defend tobacco in peat forums are the ones that are addicted and wants to justify their addiction.

That there is nothing good about tobacco is your opinion, and you aren't winning any people over to your cause by ramming it down people's throats with the know-it-all attitude...

redred

That there is nothing good about tobacco is your opinion, and you aren't winning any people over to your cause by ramming it down people's throats with the know-it-all attitude...
better to be abrasive and saving peoples lives imo

Jam

better to be abrasive and saving peoples lives imo
The problem is that you are on a Ray Peat forum, not in a bar talking ***t with friends. By being abrasive and not backing up your n=1 opinions with fact, you are only insulting the intelligence of the forum members, the majority of whom may know a lot more about health and nutrition than you do...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals