Just packed in my experiment with smoking cigarettes - is there anything in the Peatsphere that can take their place?

Two weeks ago I, a 32yo male, impulsively purchased a pack of cigarettes and I've been smoking 1-2 every 2-4 days.

I've never smoked in my life, and I suppose I wanted to experience this widespread human activity and see what all the fuss is about.

I went through the usual trial and error of inhaling too quickly, not inhaling enough, coughing and spluttering, but then I got the hang of it.

It somehow clears my head, makes my body feel loose and heavy, and brings me down to earth.

Naturally, my feelings have rebounded and the evidence around smoking and lung cancer have terrified me so I've thrown the rest of the pack away and committed to being a nonsmoker.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any safe substances they go to for the same relaxation and calming effect.

RealNeat

Two weeks ago I, a 32yo male, impulsively purchased a pack of cigarettes and I've been smoking 1-2 every 2-4 days.

I've never smoked in my life, and I suppose I wanted to experience this widespread human activity and see what all the fuss is about.

I went through the usual trial and error of inhaling too quickly, not inhaling enough, coughing and spluttering, but then I got the hang of it.

It somehow clears my head, makes my body feel loose and heavy, and brings me down to earth.

Naturally, my feelings have rebounded and the evidence around smoking and lung cancer have terrified me so I've thrown the rest of the pack away and committed to being a nonsmoker.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any safe substances they go to for the same relaxation and calming effect.
American spirits makes one with a carbon filter, a cleaner option. And though it's wasteful smoking it like a cigar can help prevent even more damage. The radioactivity of tobacco however is a different issue which may be hard to mitigate. Then again we eat radioactive stuff all the time.

Stilgar

I think finding the right diet for your gut is the closest thing to the alleviating the cravings for cigarettes. Me being an ex-smoker who gave up about 8 months ago. They were unfortunately ever so good for my gut, but no so good for my health goals.

aniciete

I find that propylene glycol free snus and occasional self rolled cigarettes during winter time to be a nice way to stay warm and keep my thyroid up.

RealNeat

I find that propylene glycol free snus and occasional self rolled cigarettes during winter time to be a nice way to stay warm and keep my thyroid up.
Where do you get PG free snus ?

Back
Top Bottom