Sweating In Social Situations

Prosper

I've pretty much always had this problem where I start sweating every time the group attention is focused at me. I don't feel anxious or awkward in these situations, but my whole body gets sweaty nevertheless. Am I just a socially anxious person in denial? Is there something that can be done from a peatarian perspective?

Amazoniac

I posted this elsewhere, but here it goes again:
Chosen one said:
if your food choices don't line up with your hearts desire and conscience, then theyre an issue. If they do, then they are an aid...pretty simple

Social anxiety is like the anxiety of anything...a noob at anything is anxious, especially when around experienced people who they might feel judged or made fun of by. How does this go away? Experience, reflection and wisdom, time doing it, and getting better at it. Social anxiety is simply social inexperience, social unawareness...its not a mental issue lol. That's like saying you have shaky hand symdrome because when you started playing a new sport you sucked at it. Socialize more in person, not on the internet, and youll quickly lose the anxiety. Do it more often, be more courageous and free inf your behavior, go into more intense and adventurous situations with varieties of people, live life amongst people, and youll automatically lose the anxiety. Unless you are sick, or have like terrible gut issues or mad gas going on or something, or are starving, then food probably isn't the cause...its just something that might agitate and make more annoying, but its equally doing that to everything else in your life...its not like bad food selectively decides to **** with your social life and comfort but nothing else
Social anxiety and serotonin? - Ray Peat Q&A

Prosper

I posted this elsewhere, but here it goes again:

Social anxiety and serotonin? - Ray Peat Q&A
Thanks for the quote. It's solid advice but I feel it's not fully relevant.

I've had periods of active social life and periods of little social life, it seems to make no difference. There doesn't seem to be any other symptoms of anxiety apart from sweating. I don't feel awkward, I can express mself naturally. It's almost like the senses receive so much high priority information in an interactive social situation that it becomes physically mildly straining, like walking on the sun on a hot day. The body gets very warm and sweaty.

haidut

I've pretty much always had this problem where I start sweating every time the group attention is focused at me. I don't feel anxious or awkward in these situations, but my whole body gets sweaty nevertheless. Am I just a socially anxious person in denial? Is there something that can be done from a peatarian perspective?

High adrenaline and low thyroid. Possibly high cortisol as well. Clonidine can fully resolve this in some people but it is only a temporary solution unless the thyroid issue is addressed.

Prosper

High adrenaline and low thyroid. Possibly high cortisol as well. Clonidine can fully resolve this in some people but it is only a temporary solution unless the thyroid issue is addressed.
My thyroid is/was apparently "within the normal range" when it was tested a year ago, but sadly I have no idea about the exact values.

meatbag

My thyroid is/was apparently "within the normal range" when it was tested a year ago, but sadly I have no idea about the exact values.

Awhile back I read haidut recommended using salt to stop sweating

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ZuaGoidern Sweating While Nearly Naked Ask For Help or Advice 6
Peatogenic Sweating/Sunlight Inconsistently Makes Skin On Face Get A Rash Of Some Kind, At Wits End Skin 15
teds Sweating Fat Out Of Cheese Diet 10
PurpleHeart Excessive Sweating And Heat Intolerance Advice? Ask For Help or Advice 42
M Sweating And Hot Flashes / Digestion Issue Digestion 12
A Conversational Stress, Thinking, Sweating Mental Issues 21
Amazoniac Sweating And Toxic Pesticides Excretion Toxins, Detoxification 2
F Is Sweating Out In A Sauna Bad? According To This Study It Increased GH 16 Fold And Prolactin 2 Fold Thyroid and Hormones 8
J Excessive Masturbation Worsening Excessive Sweating? Ask For Help or Advice 16
S Low Thyroid Can Cause Excessive Sweating? Metabolism 9
B Cause Of Excessive Sweating Skin 110
raysputin Caffeine And Sweating Diet 31
Ulla Sweating Face After Eating Kiwi Fruit Fruits 2
M Sweating Ask For Help or Advice 5
natedawggh Chlorine And It's Role In Excessive Sweating With Cold Extremities, Iodine, Calcium, And Magnesium D Minerals 27
P Sweating Symptoms, Causes 15
L sweating !!!! Diet, Recipes 0
I Nervousness, racing heart, sweating, shaky hands Mental Issues 26
kofimama Cold temps and sweating Ask For Help or Advice 17
shine Social isolation stimulates hippocampal estradiol synthesis Hormones 0
bzmazu The ‘blatant arrogance’ of Zuckerberg and Dorsey: Revolution Populi aims to help a thousand social networks bloom Breaking News 0
Drareg The rise of Health Impact Bonds and public/private social bonds/ Sweden etc Miscellaneous Health Discussions 12
Mauritio Serotonin Depletion Amplifies Distinct Human Social Emotions As A Function Of Individual Differences Scientific Studies 4
boris Children (non Infectious, 0% Death Rate) Are Harmed For Life By Social Distancing And Isolation Mind, Sleep, Stress 9
haidut The Social Fabric In Western Countries May Be Unraveling Scientific Studies 126
haidut Endotoxin (LPS) Can Trigger Social Withdrawal / Isolation Scientific Studies 12
S Link To Covid Cure Video - Social Sites Are Scrubbing Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 11
ScurveDream Time To Revolt? Mask Mandates & Social Distancing & The "new Normal?" The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 51
Hugh Johnson The "Social Justice" Cult & Elite Overproduction Society 26
ecstatichamster Social Isolation Causes Sickness And Death From Disconnected Feelings Mind, Sleep, Stress 21
M Robots Are Enforcing Social Distancing Now Miscellaneous Health Discussions 4
RealNeat What Is The Best Free Speech Platform/ Social Media? Ask For Help or Advice 11
SOMO Social Distancing Kills An 86 Year Old Woman Society 6
GutFeeling Serotonin Increases Or Decreases Social Status? Scientific Studies 37
johnwester130 Best "cure" For A Social Recluse ? Ask For Help or Advice 9
Hans Testosterone Doesn't Make You Anti-social Or Aggressive Scientific Studies 10
K Can You Guys Help Out Please? Severe Social Anxiety And Refractory Depression Mental Issues 17
ddjd Lysine Amazing For Social Interaction Ask For Help or Advice 28
S A Weekly Dose Of Androgenic Steroids Affect Memory, Anxiety And Social Interaction In Rats Scientific Studies 32
DaveFoster Methylphenidate (Ritalin Or Concerta) Lowers Social Anxiety Scientific Studies 7
M Idealabs For Social Anxiety? Ask For Help or Advice 9
M What Helps To Lower CVD ? Good Social Links Miscellaneous 2
R Social Ostracism Causes Damage To Physical And Mental Health; As Strong Or More Than Bullying Articles & Scientific Studies 24
DaveFoster Creative And Social Occupations Yield Happiness Society 0
A Serotonin And Social Dominance Hierarchies Ray Peat Topics 35
EndAllDisease The Lower Your Social Class, The 'Wiser' You Are Scientific Studies 0
R So Lonely I Could Die: Social Isolation Greater Public Health Threat Than Obesity Health 0
theman55 Newbie, Looking For A Good Forum To Be Social/learn All I Can Meet & Greet 2
S Social Anxiety Ruined My Life Hormones 109
haidut Low Social Status Damages The Immune System Scientific Studies 27