Sweating In Social Situations

Prosper

I've pretty much always had this problem where I start sweating every time the group attention is focused at me. I don't feel anxious or awkward in these situations, but my whole body gets sweaty nevertheless. Am I just a socially anxious person in denial? Is there something that can be done from a peatarian perspective?

Amazoniac

I posted this elsewhere, but here it goes again:
Chosen one said:
if your food choices don't line up with your hearts desire and conscience, then theyre an issue. If they do, then they are an aid...pretty simple

Social anxiety is like the anxiety of anything...a noob at anything is anxious, especially when around experienced people who they might feel judged or made fun of by. How does this go away? Experience, reflection and wisdom, time doing it, and getting better at it. Social anxiety is simply social inexperience, social unawareness...its not a mental issue lol. That's like saying you have shaky hand symdrome because when you started playing a new sport you sucked at it. Socialize more in person, not on the internet, and youll quickly lose the anxiety. Do it more often, be more courageous and free inf your behavior, go into more intense and adventurous situations with varieties of people, live life amongst people, and youll automatically lose the anxiety. Unless you are sick, or have like terrible gut issues or mad gas going on or something, or are starving, then food probably isn't the cause...its just something that might agitate and make more annoying, but its equally doing that to everything else in your life...its not like bad food selectively decides to **** with your social life and comfort but nothing else
Social anxiety and serotonin? - Ray Peat Q&A

OP
Prosper

Prosper

I posted this elsewhere, but here it goes again:

Social anxiety and serotonin? - Ray Peat Q&A
Thanks for the quote. It's solid advice but I feel it's not fully relevant.

I've had periods of active social life and periods of little social life, it seems to make no difference. There doesn't seem to be any other symptoms of anxiety apart from sweating. I don't feel awkward, I can express mself naturally. It's almost like the senses receive so much high priority information in an interactive social situation that it becomes physically mildly straining, like walking on the sun on a hot day. The body gets very warm and sweaty.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've pretty much always had this problem where I start sweating every time the group attention is focused at me. I don't feel anxious or awkward in these situations, but my whole body gets sweaty nevertheless. Am I just a socially anxious person in denial? Is there something that can be done from a peatarian perspective?

High adrenaline and low thyroid. Possibly high cortisol as well. Clonidine can fully resolve this in some people but it is only a temporary solution unless the thyroid issue is addressed.

OP
Prosper

Prosper

High adrenaline and low thyroid. Possibly high cortisol as well. Clonidine can fully resolve this in some people but it is only a temporary solution unless the thyroid issue is addressed.
My thyroid is/was apparently "within the normal range" when it was tested a year ago, but sadly I have no idea about the exact values.

meatbag

My thyroid is/was apparently "within the normal range" when it was tested a year ago, but sadly I have no idea about the exact values.

Awhile back I read haidut recommended using salt to stop sweating

Last edited: