Figuring Things Out..

A

alicia_deflores

Hi everyone!

A little bit about me:

I am 20 years old, in college, and living on my campus. My mom is really big into Ray Peat, but she tends to really confuse me when it comes eating right. I joined this forum hoping that I can get help. I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was 5, and had spinal fusion surgery when I was 13. I've struggled with depression and anxiety for about seven years now. I have Eczema which has gotten worse over the last year. I have been taking 20mg of Fluoxetine every day for about five months now. I used to have very bad PMS (for about 2 weeks), but after taking the medication it has stopped. The bottoms of my feed are orange-yellow which I have heard has something to do with thyroid. I don't have a lot of energy, but if I drink too much coffee I get overly-anxious. I have a hard time relaxing and turning off stress. It seems like I'm always stressed, tensed, clenching my jaw, or anxious and only gets worse when I try to do something about it. I really want to start eating right, and I already eat very well, but I have very severe bloating that is uncomfortable and ugly and I want to get rid of that.

When it comes to changing my lifestyle/ diet, I get very discouraged, depressed and stressed out. It seems like everything I try to do to help myself, results in either failure or has no results. It seems to take over my whole life. I feel like I need to do everything exactly right, but can't and end up getting discouraged. It seems like figuring out the right thing is never-ending trial and error and that there are no answers. Where do I start? Is it possible for me - a college student on a budget and without a lot of resources - to become healthy?

I already avoid PUFA (and hate fast food), but there's another problem - how do I know what has PUFA in a college cafeteria?

Is my medication contributing to my bloating?

I would appreciate any advice possible! I do go to the grocery store once a week and have a small budget for food, but lack the resources to prepare the more complicated meals.

answersfound

No one knows how the medication is affecting you. It may be helping some areas but hurting others. But I would get off it and find one that increases appetite and suggest it to your doctor. Remeron, amitriptyline....or the one and only, the gold standard, the grand daddy of them all: Cyproheptadine

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals