Supplementing Tryptophan

Frankdee20

Can’t do this anymore..... is low serotonin ever a real thing ?

redsun

Can’t do this anymore..... is low serotonin ever a real thing ?

Just take some l-tryptophan and see what happens. Its not going kill you dude. Then you can see how you react to it and you'll have your answer easy as pie.

BruceD

Contrary to most people's experience with Tryptophan on this forum, when I take it, I literally get the most peaceful, relaxing, refreshing sleep. Many say it is not quality sleep, like torpor, but for me it is just not the case.

There must be something unusual in my biochemistry. I have the MAO A gene mutation - the version that results in low MAO activity, so I should have higher than normal neurotransmitters in general. But there really is no better sleep aid for me than Tryptophan.

Before Ray Peat, I would literally dump a heaping teaspoon on my tongue and wash it down with water every night. I stopped that after learning more about it from Ray Peat, but still use it occasionally.

OP, curious as to your experience with it.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Contrary to most people's experience with Tryptophan on this forum, when I take it, I literally get the most peaceful, relaxing, refreshing sleep. Many say it is not quality sleep, like torpor, but for me it is just not the case.

There must be something unusual in my biochemistry. I have the MAO A gene mutation - the version that results in low MAO activity, so I should have higher than normal neurotransmitters in general. But there really is no better sleep aid for me than Tryptophan.

Before Ray Peat, I would literally dump a heaping teaspoon on my tongue and wash it down with water every night. I stopped that after learning more about it from Ray Peat, but still use it occasionally.

Some of it converts to Niacin, and also aids the production of Melatonin.... It is safer than 5htp....

G1986

Forum Supporter

Tryptophan seems to be working well for me too in regards to sleep. I believe I even feel more energy the next day, and perhaps less cold hands too

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals