AAAD Gene/ aromatic l-amino acid Decarboxylase

tommyg130

I have absolutely tanked catecholamines and probably serotonin as well.

I’ve tried so many things, just nothing gives me pleasure. Had urine and blood catecholamine test and all 3 of my Levels were non existent. My dr said he never seen it. It matches up with my genetics as I have the FAST COMT gene. I have fast activity and burn through my catecholamines too quick leaving me with low levels.

To get to the point does anyone have information on the DDC gene .It makes the enzyme aromatic l-amino acid decarboxylase.

This enzyme is responsible for BOTH the conversion of tyrosine to dopamine and tryptophan to serotonin. I have SEVERAL homogeneous mutations for it. And overall mutations for dopamine and serotonin. In the 99%. This is a very new unique genetic testing.

Even if you dont really believe genetics can you give me some thought please? I believe epigenetic trump, but my genetics/blood/ symptoms are all adding up.

So I can obviously bring dopamine boosting things into the picture , but does that even do anything being the enzyme that does the final conversion is mutated ? Would it make it worse ?

How can I boost the ENZYME that does the conversion rather then just boost dopamine. Or would adding tyrosine etc be best? It’s not like the enzyme is broken, so maybe just my natural Dopamine/combined w mutated enzyme isn’t enough? And if I add in some exogenous dopamine I can get some symptom relief ? I’m not sure if increasing dopamine or fixing the enzyme is the solution ? Although I don’t know how to go about fixing the enzyme. I guess just provide the right amino acids and minerals so it’s working it’s best.

My symptoms are bad. Can’t walk straight. Fall over left and right. Forget where I’m driving. Extreme dissociation. Only 25. I suspect very low serotonin too contrary to what others may think. Just low across the board.

OP
T

tommyg130

Edit: I’m most certainly depressed and not helping my own cause. I have zero momentum and I just need a spark. I already know being happy/ getting sunlight/ eating right/ mineral balance are top non negotiable. A traumatic event set my already bad situation off. While I’ve gotten past the issue and the immediate danger of it. The nervous system issues and mitochondrial damage is what’s lingering. I just need to get back to baseline and then I think progress can come faster. It’s digging myself from the hole that I’m struggling with

redsun

I have absolutely tanked catecholamines and probably serotonin as well.

I’ve tried so many things, just nothing gives me pleasure. Had urine and blood catecholamine test and all 3 of my Levels were non existent. My dr said he never seen it. It matches up with my genetics as I have the FAST COMT gene. I have fast activity and burn through my catecholamines too quick leaving me with low levels.

To get to the point does anyone have information on the DDC gene .It makes the enzyme aromatic l-amino acid decarboxylase.

This enzyme is responsible for BOTH the conversion of tyrosine to dopamine and tryptophan to serotonin. I have SEVERAL homogeneous mutations for it. And overall mutations for dopamine and serotonin. In the 99%. This is a very new unique genetic testing.

Even if you dont really believe genetics can you give me some thought please? I believe epigenetic trump, but my genetics/blood/ symptoms are all adding up.

So I can obviously bring dopamine boosting things into the picture , but does that even do anything being the enzyme that does the final conversion is mutated ? Would it make it worse ?

How can I boost the ENZYME that does the conversion rather then just boost dopamine. Or would adding tyrosine etc be best? It’s not like the enzyme is broken, so maybe just my natural Dopamine/combined w mutated enzyme isn’t enough? And if I add in some exogenous dopamine I can get some symptom relief ? I’m not sure if increasing dopamine or fixing the enzyme is the solution ? Although I don’t know how to go about fixing the enzyme. I guess just provide the right amino acids and minerals so it’s working it’s best.

My symptoms are bad. Can’t walk straight. Fall over left and right. Forget where I’m driving. Extreme dissociation. Only 25. I suspect very low serotonin too contrary to what others may think. Just low across the board.
This sounds like ataxia and possibly autoimmune disease symptoms. Ataxia especially is no joke you need to get to a neurologist asap.

OP
T

tommyg130

This sounds like ataxia and possibly autoimmune disease symptoms. Ataxia especially is no joke you need to get to a neurologist asap.
I have a positive ANA on my labs from a diff doctor. But when they did a full specific autoimmune panel nothing showed

redsun

Damn I’ve never even heard of ataxia.
Yes it sounds like you have ataxia if you cannot balance yourself and walk normally (gait ataxia). If you have not went to a neurologist you need to do that. This is something you do not want to hold off on.

OP
T

tommyg130

Yes it sounds like you have ataxia if you cannot balance yourself and walk normally (gait ataxia). If you have not went to a neurologist you need to do that. This is something you do not want to hold off on.
I’ve been and she said all was good because I could resist her hand w my leg at the strength of a 3 year old . So she claimed I had good motor function . Also a Brain/pituitary mri came back okay.

redsun

I’ve been and she said all was good because I could resist her hand w my leg at the strength of a 3 year old . So she claimed I had good motor function . Also a Brain/pituitary mri came back okay.
And you told her your symptoms like you cant walk straight and poor balance?

redsun

Yes, but in a 5 foot room when she watched me walk I didn’t fall on my face. So I guess that means I’m good to her
Oh boy. Well if you can get referred to another neurologist or even had back there and be more persistent then I would do that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals