Neurotransmitter vs hormones.

tommyg130

Can someone explain to me like im a 5 year old the difference ? How they interact ? More so which comes first. Meaning which more so influences the other. Or are they independently acting ? Ik hormones are involved in the endocrine system while neurotransmitters the nervous system.

Basically if one had a broken hormone profile could you say neurotransmitters are at the root? Or I’m way off.. we can’t really test these directly unfortunately. Although we can test our genes to get some insights I believe w more cutting edge tools.

What if someone truly had some genetic issues/enzyme issues , SNP issues causing major dopamine or serotonin dominance or the opposite .. that would then trickle down to hormones becoming wacky in a way no?

Someone with really low testosterone most likely would have low dopamine? What comes first though? Which leads to what. From my rookie understanding I’d say low dopamine would be the driver and not the other way around.

I know I’m all over the place but ik from my experience i feel like something in my BRAIN (neurotransmitter related) is the issue, living in my head , lack of joy, obsessive thinking, and then this in turn leads to blood sugar issues, low T, high cortisol etc. it’s not my low T causing those things. It’s my brain feeling broken that starts the cascade.

Do neurotransmitters run the show? How can we positively influence these or at least understand ourselves better from this lens, to know what we’re working with. This way we can avoid triggers, take the right supps!

For example one may be depressed and feel awful and from this forum assume he has high serotonin and go and take cypro. Meanwhile he could have LOW serotonin (i Agree it’s not the happy hormone, but not EVERYONE has high serotonin) and actually have a glutamate or acetylcholine issue. It’s so hard to rly pinpoint the actual true root cause of your issues. Maybe soon

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals