Anxiety, overthinking, worrying, OCD might be caused by undermethylation or LOW serotonin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

faxmulder

Hi guys,

I'm having the following issues:

- anxiety, overthinking, worrying about the future and pessimism that make very difficult for me to focus on the present moment and actually do stuff
- hay fever
- autoimmune inflammation on scalp (I have lichen planopilaris, which is a TH2-dominant disease)
- first grade varicocele (not painful). Last year's bloodworks (I've checked also hormones) showed that I had low vitamin D and low LH luteinizing hormone. I took new bloodworks a few days ago and I'm waiting for the results
- last but not least: sleep. I have no problems in falling asleep, but I have high REM sleep vs deep sleep, thus I'm having fragmented sleep and I'm often waking up not fully refreshed. I did a sleep study recently and I'm waiting for the results

In addition, I have mild OCD symptoms (repetitive behaviors) and perfectionism. I have high histamine so I'm starting to wonder if everything might be someway related to undermethylation. For this reason, I'm thinking about doing a trial with SAMe (or TMG), B complex and inositol. What do you think?

Another theory that I have is that, considering that I'm taking Zyrtec since many months (for controlling itching caused by lichen), maybe my levels of serotonin are now too low, causing my issues?

Thanks A LOT to everybody!!

shine

TMG raises SAMe on its own and taking SAMe without TMG can lead to high homocysteine which could be a problem. So I would try out TMG + B vitamins first.

This study comes to the conclusion that global hypomethylation/low blood levels of TMG correlate with certain kinds of mental issues (schizophrenia and bipolar disease in this case). I think the resulting high histamine is the cause.

I'd try it out and see how it goes. My personal experience is that free-form histidine makes me feel horrible whereas TMG makes me feel energetic yet calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals