Supplementing More Than 10,000 IU Of Vitamin D A Day Based On The Work Of Jeff Bowles

Lolinaa

Minor brain lesions, OCD/schizophrenia-like symptoms, dental caries, facial asymmetry, weak chin, bone remodeling/thickening/widening, nonexistent dream vividity and recall, stretch marks and scars, hypopigmentation, low testosterone, dirty eyes (veins + spots), thinner eyebrows (outer 3rd), gastrointestinal issues, nonexistent libido, low energy, 0.5-1" height increase, etc..

How did it go? Did you reach your goals? What effects on the stretch marks and height gain.

baccheion

How did it go? Did you reach your goals? What effects on the stretch marks and height gain.
I haven't noticed any changes. I apparently grew 0.5 inches, but I was taking many other things during that window.

Lolinaa

0.5-1 inches is usually achievable with pregnenolone + DHEA. 15 mg vitamin K2 MK-4 3x/day may also work. Have you tried anything?

I dont want to make too many experiences. I am trying to stay on the safe side. I do use Dhea with progesterone on the last 2 weeks of my cycle before my period. Ray recommends me like 5 mg no more with 5times the amount in progesterone. I will add pregnenolone this month to see but I will use it externally and not orally.
For the k2 I use 1 mg with d and aspirin. I want to be healthy and have great mood with lots of energy to achieve my goals. Then the height will come.
I don't think using supplements in huge proportion is safe.

If taking megadose vitamin D, 300 IU/kg is the minimum. On the other hand, 50,000 IU is even better. Just take 50,000 IU with enough K (10 IU : 2 mcg+ MK-4) and magnesium for a few months or don't bother. Ramping up by adding 10,000 IU per week/month is also not a bad idea.

I’ve been tested at 93 ng/mL with no more than 10k per week. Granted I spent most of the summer outside in the sun.

I weigh 205lbs... Curious to see what 50,000iu D3 (with K2) weekly is gonna yield after this Canadian winter. Back in March I got tested at 59 ng/mL following a regimen of salon tanning every other week and a few random pills of D3 per week (no K2). Would you recommend more to maintain such blood levels?

One pill every two weeks gives you all the vitamin D most adults need |

I think this website has useful information on high dose D3. I’d definitely recommend getting calcium and magnesium on a 1:1 balance with foods, it’s not that hard to get 600-800mg for both. K2 supplements sound very helpful too.

baccheion

I’ve been tested at 93 ng/mL with no more than 10k per week. Granted I spent most of the summer outside in the sun.

I weigh 205lbs... Curious to see what 50,000iu D3 (with K2) weekly is gonna yield after this Canadian winter. Back in March I got tested at 59 ng/mL following a regimen of salon tanning every other week and a few random pills of D3 per week (no K2). Would you recommend more to maintain such blood levels?

One pill every two weeks gives you all the vitamin D most adults need |

I think this website has useful information on high dose D3. I’d definitely recommend getting calcium and magnesium on a 1:1 balance with foods, it’s not that hard to get 600-800mg for both. K2 supplements sound very helpful too.
The idea is to get serum over 90 ng/mL, and in some cases, between 100 and 150 ng/mL.

Cirion

What is the advantage of getting to 100-150 vs around say 70 ish? I managed to get to around 125 with dosing 50,000 D3 a day but was told to lower dosage because anything over 100 is "Toxic"

baccheion

What is the advantage of getting to 100-150 vs around say 70 ish? I managed to get to around 125 with dosing 50,000 D3 a day but was told to lower dosage because anything over 100 is "Toxic"
Toxicity is said to be above 150 ng/mL. 80+ ng/mL has a better healing effect, with 90+ ng/mL being preferred. I don't remember the reason for going above 100 ng/mL. Either way, megadose amounts are usually only taken for a few months.

Cirion

For what it's worth, I do think I had the highest libido of my life when my Vitamin D levels were > 100 and I supplemented 50,000 a day. I would get spontaneously aroused for no reason at all, like viciously so lol. (Also helped to do nofap)

Though I'm not saying that those vitamin D levels will guarantee a high libido, just that, when I had a high libido I also had high vitamin D levels. The other reasons for the high libido could be any number of other things.

I also recall eating a pretty high fat diet, generous veggies, some carbs but not a lot (maybe 200g a day) so not the most optimal peat diet, especially considering I had lots of pufa's then too. But, it was a high calorie diet (4-5000 calories a day) so that probably had a significant impact.

baccheion

For what it's worth, I do think I had the highest libido of my life when my Vitamin D levels were > 100 and I supplemented 50,000 a day. I would get spontaneously aroused for no reason at all, like viciously so lol.

Though I'm not saying that those vitamin D levels will guarantee a high libido, just that, when I had a high libido I also had high vitamin D levels. The other reasons for the high libido could be any number of other things.

I also recall eating a pretty high fat diet, generous veggies, some carbs but not a lot (maybe 200g a day) so not the most optimal peat diet, especially considering I had lots of pufa's then too. But, it was a high calorie diet (4-5000 calories a day) so that probably had a significant impact.
What else were you taking?

Cirion

TO be honest it was a pretty enormous stack because it was when I first started getting interested into optimizing hormones, long before even finding ray peat. I think I have it somewhere I'd have to dig it up. I had literally gone to www.anabolicmen.com, looked at some site that was like 100 ways to optimize testosterone or something, and wrote down EVERY supplement they listed, and bought EVERY SINGLE ONE (yes, I had a stack of something stupid like 30-40 supplements).

I really don't recommend doing that though lol... even if it did make me one horny MF'er lol

I am sure taking that many supplements, especially when you don't know precisely how each one is impacting your body, has many risks involved, especially with long term use.

I didn't do it for more than a month or two, because of the cost involved, which is just as well because if I had kept doing it I am sure I would have thrown many things out of balance.

Last edited:

Tarmander

I think it is difficult to associate a Vitamin D level with toxicity seeing as the toxicity aspect comes from the calcium. As long as the calcium is under control I think you can pretty much ignore the Vitamin D levels.

Amazoniac

A pilot study assessing the effect of prolonged administration of high daily doses of vitamin D on the clinical course of vitiligo and psoriasis (Coimbra and others)

"Using the PTH level as an ancillary index of therapeutic response requires a diet only partially restricted in calcium (like the one described in this study) since excessive restriction of calcium intake would maintain increased bone resorption to preserve normocalcemia, thereby limiting or preventing vitamin D3-induced PTH drop. Avoiding excessively high doses of vitamin D3 capable of suppressing PTH and periodically measuring bone density, on the other hand, may conceivably indicate that 25(OH)D3 probably have not reached circulating concentrations capable of increasing osteoclastic activity."​

Unrelated but visit Netherlands, dream Netherlands.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

I just had a thought that perhaps this is how your unconscious is reasoning the need to avoid oranges and prevent calcification now that you're using massive amounts of vit D.

I can't possibly imagine what your logic is here. For starters, calcification issues are rare, even in people consuming up to 60,000 IU of D a day for years. And you have posted no studies whatsoever to contradict this.

Amazoniac

I can't possibly imagine what your logic is here. For starters, calcification issues are rare, even in people consuming up to 60,000 IU of D a day for years. And you have posted no studies whatsoever to contradict this.
So you think that the negative effects only appear when there's clear calcification going on? Why Coimbra and group were cautious in prescribing a protocol (instead of just vit D) for these patients? They gave them standard 35,000 IU doses, which is close to your 30,000 IU.

- Increased Incidence of Nephrolithiasis (N) in Lifeguards (LG) in Israel

- Positive association between 25-hydroxy vitamin d levels and bone mineral density: a population-based study of younger and older adults

upload_2018-11-18_14-44-45.png

"Regression plot of bone mineral density by 25-hydroxy vitaminDlevel in younger adults (20 to 49 years).
Circles represent whites, squares represent Mexican Americans, and triangles represent blacks."

upload_2018-11-18_14-34-14.png

"Regression plot of bone mineral density by 25-hydroxy vitamin D level in older adults (50 years).
Circles represent whites, squares represent Mexican Americans, and triangles represent blacks."

1 ng/ml = 2.5 nmol/L

For most populations the optimal range is within the levels that you get from sun exposure. For the only group that this doesn't apply, if there are risks in going higher, then perhaps it's not worth it.

Last edited:
OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

So you think that the negative effects only appear when there's clear calcification going on? Why Coimbra and group were cautious in prescribing a protocol (instead of just vit D) for these patients? They gave them standard 35,000 IU doses, which is close to your 30,000 IU.

- Increased Incidence of Nephrolithiasis (N) in Lifeguards (LG) in Israel

- Positive association between 25-hydroxy vitamin d levels and bone mineral density: a population-based study of younger and older adults

View attachment 11267
"Regression plot of bone mineral density by 25-hydroxy vitaminDlevel in younger adults (20 to 49 years).

View attachment 11266
"Regression plot of bone mineral density by 25-hydroxy vitamin D level in older adults (50 years).

1 ng/ml = 2.5 nmol/L

For most populations the optimal range is within the levels that you get from sun exposure. For the only group that this doesn't apply, if there are risks in going higher, then perhaps it's not worth it.

I've seen the Coimbra thread. Again, as discussed there, the toxicity concerns are overblown. As for the study using 35,000 IU, it's certainly not evidence of toxicity, as the following paragraph states-

"Laboratory or clinical signs of toxicity (hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria or kidney dysfunction) were not observed in any of the 25 participants, including a patient with vitiligo who reached a serum concentration of 25(OH)D3 of 202.2 ng/mL (504.49 mmol/L). Considering that 25(OH)D3 has a half-life of 15 d48 those high concentrations of 25(OH)D3 were achieved at two months and sustained for the last four months of treatment without side effects. To the best of our knowledge, this is the highest dose of vitamin D3 administered therapeutically to patients with autoimmune disorders on a regular daily basis for several months. These findings are consistent with the viewpoint that serum 25(OH)D concentrations lower than 750 nmol/L (300 ng/mL) are unlikely to cause toxicity.49 Enhancing both innate and adaptive immunity50is a significant advantage of high-dose vitamin D3 therapy for autoimmune disorders over the current treatment with immunosuppressive drugs."

So that study in no way supports the idea that 35,000 IU for six months causes toxicity. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I would in no way consider "increased bone density" a bad thing. That's not an issue with toxicity, that's an expected benefit.

Which only leaves the lifeguard study. Yes, they did have a higher incidence of kidney stones. Masterjohn addressed this study, even pointing out they had failed to assess Vitamin A and K2, with K2 being critically important. I understand the evidence you have presented, and it raises a mild concern that I feel I have addressed with Magnesium and K2 supplementation.

Amazoniac

I've seen the Coimbra thread. Again, as discussed there, the toxicity concerns are overblown. As for the study using 35,000 IU, it's certainly not evidence of toxicity, as the following paragraph states-

"Laboratory or clinical signs of toxicity (hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria or kidney dysfunction) were not observed in any of the 25 participants, including a patient with vitiligo who reached a serum concentration of 25(OH)D3 of 202.2 ng/mL (504.49 mmol/L). Considering that 25(OH)D3 has a half-life of 15 d48 those high concentrations of 25(OH)D3 were achieved at two months and sustained for the last four months of treatment without side effects. To the best of our knowledge, this is the highest dose of vitamin D3 administered therapeutically to patients with autoimmune disorders on a regular daily basis for several months. These findings are consistent with the viewpoint that serum 25(OH)D concentrations lower than 750 nmol/L (300 ng/mL) are unlikely to cause toxicity.49 Enhancing both innate and adaptive immunity50is a significant advantage of high-dose vitamin D3 therapy for autoimmune disorders over the current treatment with immunosuppressive drugs."

So that study in no way supports the idea that 35,000 IU for six months causes toxicity. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I would in no way consider "increased bone density" a bad thing. That's not an issue with toxicity, that's an expected benefit.

Which only leaves the lifeguard study. Yes, they did have a higher incidence of kidney stones. Masterjohn addressed this study, even pointing out they had failed to assess Vitamin A and K2, with K2 being critically important. I understand the evidence you have presented, and it raises a mild concern that I feel I have addressed with Magnesium and K2 supplementation.
But they took the preventive measures to minimize risks of adverse effects that can happen below frank toxicity.

I didn't consider bone density a bad thing, have you read the last comment? Not a rhetorical question, you might have missed.
On the exceptional group it's probable that the needs for everything keep increasing as well, it's unlikely that magnesium and K2 are enough to confer full protection or cover the extra requirement for putting things in order.

Speaking of him..
Vitamin A On Trial: Does Vitamin A Cause Osteoporosis?

"Vitamin A’s bone resorption-stimulating activity is vitally important to bone health. The Opotowski team, which found that low vitamin A levels had as great an effect lowering BMD as did high vitamin A levels, suggested that vitamin A deficiency may contribute to increased fracture risk by allowing bone matrix to grow faster than it can be mineralized.12 Indeed, although the net effect of vitamin A is to stimulate osteoclasts and slow the growth of osteoblasts, vitamin A also causes osteoblasts to secrete a variety of enzymes and other proteins that are important to bone mineralization, including osteocalcin, which is a protein that plays a direct role in attracting and binding calcium within the bone matrix.6 By slowing the growth of the matrix but increasing the rate at which it is mineralized, adequate vitamin A helps to ensure sufficient bone density."​

Yanelle, don't tell me that you didn't roll your eyes, you did, I know it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals