Supplementing More Than 10,000 IU Of Vitamin D A Day Based On The Work Of Jeff Bowles

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

I mentioned my experience earlier in the thread.

Doh! Right, you did. I forgot, since you didn't notice any real effects, one way or another. Still nine months left? What made you decide on 18 months total?

baccheion

Doh! Right, you did. I forgot, since you didn't notice any real effects, one way or another. Still nine months left? What made you decide on 18 months total?
One study found 65,000 IU was taken for 2 years without issue. As I haven't experienced any negative effects, I decided to continue up to the limit. It'll be about 2 years total, as I took largish doses in the 6 months prior to starting. I plan on stopping earlier if there are any problems.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

One study found 65,000 IU was taken for 2 years without issue. As I haven't experienced any negative effects, I decided to continue up to the limit. It'll be about 2 years total, as I took largish doses in the 6 months prior to starting. I plan on stopping earlier if there are any problems.

Very cool. So this is just an experiment, nothing you were trying to fix?

baccheion

Very cool. So this is just an experiment, nothing you were trying to fix?
Minor brain lesions, OCD/schizophrenia-like symptoms, dental caries, facial asymmetry, weak chin, bone remodeling/thickening/widening, nonexistent dream vividity and recall, stretch marks and scars, hypopigmentation, low testosterone, dirty eyes (veins + spots), thinner eyebrows (outer 3rd), gastrointestinal issues, nonexistent libido, low energy, 0.5-1" height increase, etc..

camagunn

If 10,000 IU results in 55 ng/mL and 50,000 IU resulted in 120 ng/mL for me, then we can make an assumption that upwards of 30,000 IU (somewhere in between) probably results in something like 80 ng/mL (roughly, without bringing a calculator to the mix), which is just under the suggested max of 100 ng/mL, so maybe we could use 20-30,000 IU as the functional max recommendation.

Of course, this makes a lot of assumptions, like sunlight exposure. Do you work an office job also?
Dose response is generally correlated with body weight.

Runenight201

In the natural environment, UV exposure, Sun burn, and pre-formed Vitamin D all follow the same trends.

upload_2018-10-25_10-28-48.png

Fig. 1 : Sun exposure and vitamin D sufficiency, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

When sun exposure is prolonged, the amount of pre-formed Vitamin D also increases with the sun exposure. However, when sufficient Vitamin D has been synthesized, pre-vitamin D is increasingly synthesized to the inactive metabolites, lumisterol and tachysterol. Thus, there is a diminished effect on returns in terms of UV exposure and vitamin D synthesis, and eventually one will run into sun burn, prohibiting further exposure to UV rays. We can deduce then that in our natural environment, there are inherent protection mechanisms against Vitamin D toxicity, namely in the diminished synthesis of Vitamin D from sunlight and the encountering skin damage.

By-passing our body's inherent protection mechanism from vitamin D toxicity by using increasing amounts of D may be risky, however getting Vitamin D lab serum values drawn and keeping out for Vitamin D toxicity symptoms would be a safe way to approach using larger amounts of Vitamin D supplementation.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

So it's been just over a week, but I have noticed a few things, and wanted to share.

The improvement in mood and energy has been steady. I feel great and have been able to tackle tasks I have been putting off or ignoring for weeks, and just jump at them. Happy with this development.

I have had some dandruff issues, and while I was treating it on my head with some topical remedies, it seems to have improved over the week. More important, I had "eyebrow dandruff." Anytime I would scratch or rub my eyebrows, flakes of skin would just fall down, like a really light snow. That has completely resolved, very cool.

I did get a couple random zits over the week, but maybe that was my skin pushing toxins or substances out, as they all resolved in 48 hours.

I had some nerve damage in my foot from a former surgery, and noticed an onset of a stiffness-like feeling there. I think it may be repairing, and have the nerve coming back to life. That's kinda what it feels like.

That's all for now, will be continuing on.

baccheion

So it's been just over a week, but I have noticed a few things, and wanted to share.

The improvement in mood and energy has been steady. I feel great and have been able to tackle tasks I have been putting off or ignoring for weeks, and just jump at them. Happy with this development.

I have had some dandruff issues, and while I was treating it on my head with some topical remedies, it seems to have improved over the week. More important, I had "eyebrow dandruff." Anytime I would scratch or rub my eyebrows, flakes of skin would just fall down, like a really light snow. That has completely resolved, very cool.

I did get a couple random zits over the week, but maybe that was my skin pushing toxins or substances out, as they all resolved in 48 hours.

I had some nerve damage in my foot from a former surgery, and noticed an onset of a stiffness-like feeling there. I think it may be repairing, and have the nerve coming back to life. That's kinda what it feels like.

That's all for now, will be continuing on.
You can look into applying Lugol's topically (or iodine protocol) to treat scalp conditions. Sometimes it works.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

You can look into applying Lugol's topically (or iodine protocol) to treat scalp conditions. Sometimes it works.

Might do that tomorrow. I used sulfur last week, and it helped.... but man, did it make things reek like a demon.

I have used lugols on scars and cysts before. It is indeed effective.

baccheion

Might do that tomorrow. I used sulfur last week, and it helped.... but man, did it make things reek like a demon.

I have used lugols on scars and cysts before. It is indeed effective.
How long did it take to dissolve/remove scars?

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

How long did it take to dissolve/remove scars?

I used it on a scar I had on my right hand. I put iodine on it pretty much every day (probably 5 days out of the week) for three weeks. It scabbed over, and when it came off, it was faded significantly. It is now the same tone as the skin around it, but it doesn't grow hair, like the surrounding skin does.

baccheion

I used it on a scar I had on my right hand. I put iodine on it pretty much every day (probably 5 days out of the week) for three weeks. It scabbed over, and when it came off, it was faded significantly. It is now the same tone as the skin around it, but it doesn't grow hair, like the surrounding skin does.
What other supplements are you taking? I wonder if lack of effects from megadose vitamin D is due to adding a multivitamin.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

What other supplements are you taking? I wonder if lack of effects from megadose vitamin D is due to adding a multivitamin.

Magneseum, K2, B1, B2, Niacinamide, Biotin, and and Adenosyl/Hydroxycobalimin B12. I also use aspirin a few times during the week. No multivitamin right now.

Are you eating regular calcium, or avoiding it? I eat a fair amount of dairy, and will take eggshell calcium and super enzymes if I'm eating a big meat meal.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Oh, the other thing.... I'm also doing inclined bed therapy. If you haven't seen that thread, I'd recommend checking it out. IBT significantly reduced my need for additional thyroid, and kicking up vitamin D reduced it even further. I'm now taking only a 3 or 4 grains a week, and even that may not be necessary, but want to slowly taper off.

sweetpeat

I'm using 25,000 IU right now, which is right in the functional max you suggested.
I think you said you're doing the D topically? I'm asking because I seem to remember reading that Peat said topical absorption rate is about 20% so that would put your actual dosage around 5,000 perhaps?

baccheion

If taking megadose vitamin D, 300 IU/kg is the minimum. On the other hand, 50,000 IU is even better. Just take 50,000 IU with enough K (10 IU : 2 mcg+ MK-4) and magnesium for a few months or don't bother. Ramping up by adding 10,000 IU per week/month is also not a bad idea.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

I think you said you're doing the D topically? I'm asking because I seem to remember reading that Peat said topical absorption rate is about 20% so that would put your actual dosage around 5,000 perhaps?

I'm experimenting a bit with both. 25,000 IU per day orally, and also using it topically. I have some carlson drops that are 4,000 IU per drop. I'm applying them to areas with a lot of fat, thinking it could saturate tissues quicker.

sweetpeat

I'm experimenting a bit with both. 25,000 IU per day orally, and also using it topically. I have some carlson drops that are 4,000 IU per drop. I'm applying them to areas with a lot of fat, thinking it could saturate tissues quicker.
Thanks for clarifying. I'm very interested in your experiment and wanted to make sure I understood how much you're taking.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Quick update.... Still doing at least 25,000 iu orally a day, and still adding additional D topically most days.

Didn't notice as much energy this week, though objectively, I was more productive this week, and continued to tackle tasks I had been putting off. I think I only used 3 grains of thyroid total during the week (I had been using about 10, 1-2 a day), so that may have affected me. Overall still going well.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Update- Nothing really different this week. Most days, I am now doing 30,000 iu. Still continuing on.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals