Low Vitamin D Level After Supplementing

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Hey Dave, how did it go?

I just got tested an I'm low too. Around 32. Trying to figure out the best way to raise, and wondering if my thyroid is getting in the way.
I've been doing 20,000 IU every day or every other day, and I think I've been feeling better. I don't think vitamin D can compensate for thyroid, though, although maybe partly. Therefore, I'm trying thyroid at the moment and having some positive results. I've been taking thyroid for a couple weeks; the vitamin D, I've been doing for a couple months or so.

haidut

Forum Supporter
So, if thyroid function isn't good, is there no point in supplementing D?

I am slightly hypo, but also know my vitamin D is low. Do you know what level of thyroid function is required to benefit from D?

No, I would still supplement with vitamin D but with multiple smaller doses. Maybe 2,000 IU twice a day instead of single doses of 5,000 IU or higher.

tomisonbottom

I use healthy origins 10,000 iu pills. 125,000 twice a month-250,000 iu total- taken with a meal of 30-40grams of fat. On this dose my blood level was 83 ngml.

Wow, that's a bit high.

What was your starting dose and how long did it take to raise?

serling78

10,000IU, 20,000IU, 50,000 IU??? Wow I can't even fathom that. I've experimented with vitamin D many times over the years and I've never been able to handle even 2,000IU. after almost a year off D3 I started taking a measly 200 IU (yes, 200) two days ago and my face is already burning and the bloating is kicking in. I really don't get how people can take such high doses. Any miniscule amount of D3 causes me horrible facial flushing and constipation. I've tried all kinds, pills, capsules, liquid drops, lichen based, lanolin based, oral, topical, etc.and I do take magnesium regularly and kuinone.

MayaPapaya

Are people generally having trouble raising their vit. D levels?
As much as I don't like the guy anymore, Mercola's sublingual vit. D has reliably brought up my levels very quickly, verified by bloodwork.
Thoughts?
Yes, Mercola's S/L spray D3 works! I've been taking it for years.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals