Supplement Cycling

Peatit

I heard Ray saying that one of the goals of using progesterone only half of the cycle for women was to prevent their liver to become efficient at excreting it.
Have you got some studies on this matter and does this principle also apply to other substances?
I'm thinking specifically about thyroid and the two main other protective steroids, namely DHEA and pregnenolone?
I, for example, from my personal experiment, noticed that the very good effects from low dose DHEA (1-2 mg/day) effectively clearly vanish after about 2 weeks of continuous use.
I feel the same about T3 but the positive effect seems to exist longer though.
This phenomenon might explain why so many people on this board (me included) feel wonderful only for a few weeks or so supplementing with almost anything.

Trambak

Yes, I think this is an important issue! Correct cycling seems crucial for avoiding diminishing returns and optimizing results from any kind of supplement. It would be interesting to read other peoples experiences regarding this.

I'm trying to get a handle of doing it right for each supplement I take.

I follow Haiduts example for Gonadin and take it 5 days on, 2 days off. (Weekdays on and weekend off, that's simple!)

For Diamant I do 3 weeks on and one week of, following a suggestion by Peat regarding Mematine, I think, or was it Bromatane.

For DeFibron Haidut suggested 3 days off per month, or just keep taking it as long as you feel no dimishing results from it, if I understood him correctly.

Retinil I take 2 drops about once a week. (I don't know if I really need it, with all the milk and cheese I take daily, but I don't eat liver, so...)

Kiuonon I take 2 drop every other day. (I used to take much larger doses, and daily.)

Currently I also take 2 drops of TyroMix every other evening, since it seems to improve my sleep.

Now, in the morning I'm in the habit of taking a "Metabolic Mix" including niacinamide, thiamine, taurin, tyrosin, glycin and some herbs like ashwaganda and amalaki.

You guys have any ideas about the importance of cycling those things (particularly niacinamide, thiamine, taurin, tyrosin, glycin) and, in that case, how best to do it?

InChristAlone

I never noticed effects diminish for things like niacinamide or ascorbic acid. I do agree with hormones though. There must be a feedback loop with those.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals