Sunbathing Causes Shortness Of Breath, Palpitations, Weakness, High Pulse

BearWithMe

Last year I was spending hours and hours in direct sunlight and it felt amazing, this year, 10 minutes in the sun, and I'm grasping for breath, I'm so weak I can barely walk, my pulse is like 150 and my heart is pounding.

What could be a reason for this?

Jessie

I'm not sure it's advisable to be spending hours and hours in direct sunlight. You could get a sun stroke, and/or there's also such a thing as "sun poisoning." At the very least keep a bottle of fluid near by, preferably something high in electrolytes like coconut water or gatorade. It would be a good idea to put coconut oil on your exposed skin as well, just to prevent sunburning too easily.

Maljam

I'm not sure it's advisable to be spending hours and hours in direct sunlight. You could get a sun stroke, and/or there's also such a thing as "sun poisoning." At the very least keep a bottle of fluid near by, preferably something high in electrolytes like coconut water or gatorade. It would be a good idea to put coconut oil on your exposed skin as well, just to prevent sunburning too easily.

Gatorade has gums and citric acid in, I personally wouldn't drink it regularly but it depends on peoples risk tolerance.

Lollipop2

I was thinking as I read your post @JanP could it be not enough food? Maybe stimulating your metabolism too much for your food intake?

Jessie

Gatorade has gums and citric acid in, I personally wouldn't drink it regularly but it depends on peoples risk tolerance.
Yeah that would be an issue, I was just thinking in terms of electrolytes. Probably best to stick with coconut water or real fruit juice. Milk is also high in electrolytes, but that probably won't digest well when someone is sweaty hot from sun exposure all day, lol.

Maljam

Yeah that would be an issue, I was just thinking in terms of electrolytes. Probably best to stick with coconut water or real fruit juice. Milk is also high in electrolytes, but that probably won't digest well when someone is sweaty hot from sun exposure all day, lol.

You are giving me flashbacks to the time I took a carton of milk to a bbq in summer... I dont know what was worse the milk or the looks I got.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Dehydration?
Was also thinking about that, but I'm drinking 1 quart of OJ, 1 quart of milk and a bit of salty bone broth every day. I really should not be dehydrated. But I do have other symptoms of dehydration.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I was thinking as I read your post @JanP could it be not enough food? Maybe stimulating your metabolism too much for your food intake?
This is very likely. Didn't knew sun exposure boosts metabolism, do you have any source or link with more info on that?

Maljam

Was also thinking about that, but I'm drinking 1 quart of OJ, 1 quart of milk and a bit of salty bone broth every day. I really should not be dehydrated. But I do have other symptoms of dehydration.

Listen to your body, if you have symptoms, you are likely dehydrated. I've found plain water sometimes to be the best for quenching my thirst.

Lollipop2

This is very likely. Didn't knew sun exposure boosts metabolism, do you have any source or link with more info on that?
Red light creates similar symptoms to me within minutes if I haven’t enough food.

Search the forum for references, there are a lot of them.

Texon

This could well be dehydration, but according to Dr. Derrick Lonsdale, MD, these are also symptoms of acute vitamin B1/ Thiamine deficiency caused by the stress of exposure to direct sunlight. Search his name and Thiamine together.. you'll find a lot of information about it.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

This could well be dehydration, but according to Dr. Derrick Lonsdale, MD, these are also symptoms of acute vitamin B1/ Thiamine deficiency caused by the stress of exposure to direct sunlight. Search his name and Thiamine together.. you'll find a lot of information about it.
Wow! Everything he says make a lot of sense. My thiamine intake is pretty low and my sugar intake pretty high (which makes B1 deficiency worse according to Dr. Lonsdale).

And also, the symptoms he describe perfectly corresponds to mine, especially in relation to the sunlight.

This is really, really, really helpful, thank you!

I have actually suspected thiamine deficiency before (because of my digestive issues), but I can't supplement thiamine because it gives me horrible stomach aches, even in low doses.

I need to try sublingual supplementation.

@JanP What about B1 Allithiamine?
Allithiamine may be more bioavailable than water-soluble thiamin, and is suggested for individuals whose intake of the vitamin may be insufficient.

Battle Of Thiamines

Texon

Wow! Everything he says make a lot of sense. My thiamine intake is pretty low and my sugar intake pretty high (which makes B1 deficiency worse according to Dr. Lonsdale).

And also, the symptoms he describe perfectly corresponds to mine, especially in relation to the sunlight.

This is really, really, really helpful, thank you!

I have actually suspected thiamine deficiency before (because of my digestive issues), but I can't supplement thiamine because it gives me horrible stomach aches, even in low doses.

I need to try sublingual supplementation.
You're welcome! I apparently don't process it well. You may not either. Have you ever tried the oral lipothiamine/fat soluble form, such as from Cardiovascular Research? I've never heard of sublingual. If you find one please let me know. Of course there's always injectible. Re: the sugar issue...pretty scary considering a lot of advice on this forum to eat high amounts of sugar.

rei

Red light creates similar symptoms to me within minutes if I haven’t enough food.

Search the forum for references, there are a lot of them.
Same with me, in the beginning i was not able to use it for more than 15 minutes. When i happened to fall asleep under it i would wake up to diarrhea. I don't get similar effect from sunlight either due to the other wavelengths or the fact that my red light just puts out so much more red light than the sun.

Texon

@JanP What about B1 Allithiamine?
Allithiamine may be more bioavailable than water-soluble thiamin, and is suggested for individuals whose intake of the vitamin may be insufficient.

Battle Of Thiamines
Yes Allithiamine is also a lipothiamine form according to Dr. Lonsdale. Compared to lipothiamine from Cardiovascular Research, I believe only the added ingredients, such as a small amount of alpha lipoic acid in the case of the CR product, are different.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

@not_James_Bond & @Texon That's actually great idea! Just have ordered benfotiamine and cocarboxylase (active / coenzymated form of thiamine). Hopefully I would be able to tolerate at least one of these.

I'm not aware of sublingual thiamine product, but you can split normal thiamine HCL capsule and let it dissolve under your tongue, or you can use health natura / idealabs liquid b-complex sublingually. I will be doing that until the benfotiamine / cocarboxylase arrive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals