Sunbathing Causes Shortness Of Breath, Palpitations, Weakness, High Pulse

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Very hard to know what you are lacking. Retinol will speed up your metabolism, so will vitamin B1. I would cut out the liver and see if that helps. Basically anything recommended in this thread is just going to make things worse if my theory is correct because Peat recommendations are metabolism boosting recommendations.

All of the things you have mentioned changing are metabolism stimulants...so just using common sense if that isn't working, you stop pushing on the metabolism pedal to see if that works. You'll have to experiment.

Maybe you could try this. Stop eating liver for a couple weeks and have a can of sardines or two. Then try laying out in the sun and seeing what happens.
Actually, I have absolutely horrible reactions to strong metabolism boosters like thyroid, testosterone, caffeine, pregnenolone, niacinamide, methylene blue and even salt...

So if your theory is right, beside stopping the metabolism boosters, the most important thing would be to significantly increase sugar intake and overall calorie intake, is that correct?

Tarmander

Actually, I have absolutely horrible reactions to strong metabolism boosters like thyroid, testosterone, caffeine, pregnenolone, niacinamide, methylene blue and even salt...

So if your theory is right, beside stopping the metabolism boosters, the most important thing would be to significantly increase sugar intake and overall calorie intake, is that correct?
No, I am not sure how you got to increased calorie intake. If you start eating a bunch more you could cause bloating, dysbiosis, increased endotoxin...it would all depend on how your gut handles the increased load. My idea was just to lay off the liver (a metabolic stim) and introduce something that maybe slows or moderates metabolism like sardines (while still being decently healthy for you), and to see what happens. If you handled the sun better you would know you were on the right track.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Everyone at one point or another thinks they have a thiamine deficiency and its record of helping is marginal at best.
I respectfully disagree. It's a game changer for many many people.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

No, I am not sure how you got to increased calorie intake. If you start eating a bunch more you could cause bloating, dysbiosis, increased endotoxin...it would all depend on how your gut handles the increased load. My idea was just to lay off the liver (a metabolic stim) and introduce something that maybe slows or moderates metabolism like sardines (while still being decently healthy for you), and to see what happens. If you handled the sun better you would know you were on the right track.
Understood. But if that proves to be correct, how should I break out of this vicious cycle? I mean, slowing the metabolism down would be just a temporary solution, until I resolve the underlying health issues, right?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I reacted badly to mild physical stresses -- walking a short distance, standing up more than a few minutes, moving groceries, etc. At my worst, I had stress reactions to eating (even very easily digestible and hypoallergenic foods). My stress reactions consisted of sudden increases of blood pressure, shortness of breath, often racing pulse or chest pain, etc.
Sounds like typical dysautonomia, aka B1 deficiency.

Tarmander

I respectfully disagree. It's a game changer for many many people.
Many? You must be reading different threads then me because I always saw some benefit, but many don't, which is why I called it marginal. No harm in OP trying it, but I think it's a coin flip. I hope it works

Understood. But if that proves to be correct, how should I break out of this vicious cycle? I mean, slowing the metabolism down would be just a temporary solution, until I resolve the underlying health issues, right?
You kind of get into people's personal philosophy of healing. In my opinion, pushing on the metabolism works for maybe 20% of people. The other 80% do better changing the environment and taking other tactics. I really don't know what your goals are outside of this thread.

Lollipop2

Same with me, in the beginning i was not able to use it for more than 15 minutes. When i happened to fall asleep under it i would wake up to diarrhea. I don't get similar effect from sunlight either due to the other wavelengths or the fact that my red light just puts out so much more red light than the sun.
Interesting about the diarrhea. Did your body ever adjust and stop having that reaction? I just simply ate something before I used my red light and made sure my liver glycogen was full.

Wow, that sounds horrible. I'm glad you are feeling better now!

Many thanks, really appreciate your messages.

Glad to help if I can. Good luck to you.

Sounds like typical dysautonomia, aka B1 deficiency.

That was my conclusion, too. Makes sense given my history and response to B1.

Peater

This could well be dehydration, but according to Dr. Derrick Lonsdale, MD, these are also symptoms of acute vitamin B1/ Thiamine deficiency caused by the stress of exposure to direct sunlight. Search his name and Thiamine together.. you'll find a lot of information about it.
First thing I thought of, you beat me to it

JDreamer

Last year I was spending hours and hours in direct sunlight and it felt amazing, this year, 10 minutes in the sun, and I'm grasping for breath, I'm so weak I can barely walk, my pulse is like 150 and my heart is pounding.

What could be a reason for this?

Thank you for posting this.

I have felt like such a weirdo trying to describe this to people. Literally when I got to lay out by my pool my heart rate increases dramatically. For some reason I tend to zonk out really easily out there and when I wake up my heart is pounding in my chest, feelings of disorientation, etc etc ......

Last edited:
OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Thank you for posting this.

I have felt like such a weirdo trying to describe this to people. Literally when I got to lay out by my pool my heart rate increases dramatically. For some reason I tend to zonk out really easily out there and when I wake up my heart is pounding in my chest, feelings of disorientation, etc etc ......
Exactly! Sun makes me really sleepy too, and coincidentally, sleep / nap in the shadow is the only thing that relives this horrible state.

Cold showers doesn't help, drinking plenty of liquids with electrolytes doesn't help, eating doesn't help, but after 30 minute nap in the shadow, I'm usually back to normal.

Do you have any other symptoms or general health issues?

Wow! Everything he says make a lot of sense. My thiamine intake is pretty low and my sugar intake pretty high (which makes B1 deficiency worse according to Dr. Lonsdale).

And also, the symptoms he describe perfectly corresponds to mine, especially in relation to the sunlight.

This is really, really, really helpful, thank you!

I have actually suspected thiamine deficiency before (because of my digestive issues), but I can't supplement thiamine because it gives me horrible stomach aches, even in low doses.

I need to try sublingual supplementation.

Magnesium also; but all vitamins and elements and Fats have their role in skinhomeostasis, it is a complex tissue after all. I would supplement with everything.

Last edited:

You have deficiencies in everything, and the RP-Diet just causes equilibrium; you need to supplement with all Bs and Elements in a responsible fashion.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I think that salt is the reason why I can't tolerate sunlight exposure.

On monday, I ran out of salt, so I was eating meals without any. On friday, I went sunbathing and I was dripping sweat, which is very unusual for me this year - usually my body is completely dry (it wasn't like that last year). I spent like 4 hours in the sun and felt quite good afterwards.

On friday, I bought salt and salted my foods as usual. Today I went sunbathing, and I was completely free of sweat again. After 20 minutes, I felt horrible.

Do I have some kind of electrolyte imbalance, that is getting progressively worse, and is exacerbated by salt intake?

Eating salt also causes me a lot of digestive issues, my stomach just don't tolerate salty foods very well.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

My family traditionally did not used salt when cooking, because it was causing health issues to my mother and also to my grandmother.

Light

I think that salt is the reason why I can't tolerate sunlight exposure.

On monday, I ran out of salt, so I was eating meals without any. On friday, I went sunbathing and I was dripping sweat, which is very unusual for me this year - usually my body is completely dry (it wasn't like that last year). I spent like 4 hours in the sun and felt quite good afterwards.

On friday, I bought salt and salted my foods as usual. Today I went sunbathing, and I was completely free of sweat again. After 20 minutes, I felt horrible.

Do I have some kind of electrolyte imbalance, that is getting progressively worse, and is exacerbated by salt intake?

Eating salt also causes me a lot of digestive issues, my stomach just don't tolerate salty foods very well.
Very interesting,
it would be great if you could do an experiment for at least a few days on and off salt to see if indeed that is what's causing the reaction to the sun.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Very interesting,
it would be great if you could do an experiment for at least a few days on and off salt to see if indeed that is what's causing the reaction to the sun.
Was also thinking about that! A week off, a week on, a week off again and make sure nothing else in my diet and daily routines will change. I'm definitely going to do it.

@JanP I am watching this thread, this salt situation is very interesting to 'me'.

Light

Was also thinking about that! A week off, a week on, a week off again and make sure nothing else in my diet and daily routines will change. I'm definitely going to do it.
Great :)
Looking foreward to see your results.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals