Sugar, Dairy & Metabolic Health W/ Danny Roddy

Inaut

I don’t need to even turn on the tv anymore. So many good interviews coming out lately.

Danny’s approach to things should be commended imo.

*** sorry if this was posted already

morgan#1

Thanks...I try not to turn on the tv. When I’m done watching, it just leaves me feeling depressed and bored. And when I sat down I wasn’t that way at all, interesting.
Good of you to post.

Arnold Grape

Ehh — but isn’t it also like, we get it, already? I mean, how many people are listening to DR and leaning concepts that are new or not dogmatic retread of RP ideas?

The thing that is problematic with DR is that he is pretty much objectively not looking too healthy these days. Based on the power of observation alone — not to mention — if anyone has carried out some (extreme) protocol for many years, can this approach be working. For example: compare that picture of DR in the video to what he looks like now and that’s not normal. Maybe someone who is in an extreme overweight, estrogen-loaded form would benefit from taking so much aspirin daily and eating zero starch, in addition to thyroid, but not a 150 lb man. (I’m guessing.)

morgan#1

I think Danny is an extremist, as he probably would agree. He’s all in: the paleo, fasting, etc. I think he needs to soak in some of that Allende sun and air, go to Michoacán (higher elevation than Aspen, CO, I believe).
He’s open about his anxiety and the band and stuff

...And maybe not be such a nice guy for the passerby to analyze.

Last edited:

postman

I think Danny is an extremist, as he probably would agree. He’s all in: the paleo, fasting, etc. I think he needs to soak in some of that Allende sun and air, go to Michoacán (higher elevation than Aspen, CO, I believe).

I haven't listened yet, but is Danny suffering with anxiety?

aquaman

His podcasts, articles and YouTube videos are great, he’s done as much as anyone to help spread awareness of Ray’s ideas. His podcasts with Haidut are also great. Haidut does most of the talking but without Danny, he probably wouldn’t have done a podcast. That resource is incredibly valuable to the world.

I like Danny’s approach of just getting out there and doing things rather than sitting back and waiting, which 99.9% of people do.

The band anxiety was from 10 years ago.

morgan#1

His podcasts, articles and YouTube videos are great, he’s done as much as anyone to help spread awareness of Ray’s ideas. His podcasts with Haidut are also great. Haidut does most of the talking but without Danny, he probably wouldn’t have done a podcast. That resource is incredibly valuable to the world.

I like Danny’s approach of just getting out there and doing things rather than sitting back and waiting, which 99.9% of people do.

The band anxiety was from 10 years ago.
Hey, I’m sticking up for him. Read my post carefully, I wasn’t trying to offend the person who posted before me. I think danny’s is A+ in my book.

Edit: whoops, I read my post carefully and it does seem like I’m being negative about him. Didn’t mean that at all, I think his approach is wonderful. He seems like such an earnest guy. And very aware.
And the reason I said he’s an extremist is because I feel that there has to be a balance and I don’t think he’s exactly there. Those are things that grape guy before me was remarking on. And if you’re prone to anxiety, like I am, it comes and goes. So I don’t think the anxiety is closed case. We live in this f ucked up world, and anxiety is part of the package.

Last edited:

Waremu

Ehh — but isn’t it also like, we get it, already? I mean, how many people are listening to DR and leaning concepts that are new or not dogmatic retread of RP ideas?

The thing that is problematic with DR is that he is pretty much objectively not looking too healthy these days. Based on the power of observation alone — not to mention — if anyone has carried out some (extreme) protocol for many years, can this approach be working. For example: compare that picture of DR in the video to what he looks like now and that’s not normal. Maybe someone who is in an extreme overweight, estrogen-loaded form would benefit from taking so much aspirin daily and eating zero starch, in addition to thyroid, but not a 150 lb man. (I’m guessing.)

You think Danny doesn’t ‘objectively’ look healthy these days? How so? That’s funny because if it were objective, I likely wouldn’t disagree with you. I think he looks pretty good and much better than most of the health gurus I see now days.

Last edited:
L

Lord Cola

Danny Roddy looks healthy and stable to me. I wouldn't know how he's actually doing, but that's my impression.

intotheether

Totally disagree - I watch Danny's videos with Georgi all the time, and he looks wonderfully healthy. He looks vibrant, energised, and is a fun, pleasant, easy-going, compassionate guy. He's an excellent ambassador for Ray's ideas and looks years younger than he is.

inurendotoxin

Like some previous posters above, I tend to disagree. Actually I watch DR's livestreams and I'm like...how does this guy eat this much sugar and stay thin??

I'm curious as to what specifically you think looks unhealthy though? Just browsing a few threads on this forum makes me inclined to the view that 'healthy' is not an objective thing.

Arnold Grape

My educated guess from doing this for a while is that DR lowered his estrogen too much over a long duration of time, and this is not good. He has accomplished this with all of the things that he talks about in videos and podcasts. (Markers of these changes are: decreased weight and inability to build muscle -- thin jaw and neck; changes in voice and eventually skin tone and hair, as well.) My speculation from the comment above is that while these approaches might work well in one context for an overweight, high estrogen man or woman, they are less ideal in a thin, thirty-something man - even one trying to prevent hair loss. (This seems like the ultimate irony, because I'm pretty sure that if you mess with lowering your estrogen for a long period of time, vital changes in T are bound to occur, and the sum total of this is that you will begin to see loss of hair, in addition to a whole bunch of other undesirable side effects.)

None of this is to disparage DR, who in retrospect probably introduced a lot of people to RP, for the better.

Like some previous posters above, I tend to disagree. Actually I watch DR's livestreams and I'm like...how does this guy eat this much sugar and stay thin??

I'm curious as to what specifically you think looks unhealthy though? Just browsing a few threads on this forum makes me inclined to the view that 'healthy' is not an objective thing.
What you're positing is that health may be entirely subjective, although we know that's not true: for reference I will cite the observations above as one's that I have witnessed in myself at times. It's all just words of caution that messing with your hormones with over the counter medication and possibly misinterpreted lifestyle choices can be taken too far. DR might be an example of this.

inurendotoxin

What you're positing is that health may be entirely subjective, although we know that's not true: for reference I will cite the observations above as one's that I have witnessed in myself at times. It's all just words of caution that messing with your hormones with over the counter medication and possibly misinterpreted lifestyle choices can be taken too far. DR might be an example of this.

I guess I'm positing that the perceived characteristics of what is (and is not) 'healthy' may be entirely subjective, to the observer.

Objective health of an individual may or may not be a thing, but I don't think you will find unanimous consensus on what that looks like - not even on this forum.

(Markers of these changes are: decreased weight and inability to build muscle -- thin jaw and neck; changes in voice and eventually skin tone and hair, as well.)

These are all characteristics I associate with youthful metabolism (and high T). I see DR as a good example of this, although I get this isn't everyone's idea of 'masculine'.

Thin neck and slim build could easily be explained by a combo of sedentary lifestyle/high metabolism. (That said, the thick neck/high muscle mass thing never looked natural to me. I suspect that's more of a cultural caricature of male maturity...but what do I know?)

Eg, when I was 20, I could chow down 3000 kcal of PUFA and never gain weight. I think a lot of guys can relate to this. Energy was consistently high plus I'd have to jerk off 3 times a day just to keep libido in check.

Now I'm bald with a beer gut and can't get laid hahaha. I do not think DR has this problem.

Last edited:

postman

I guess I'm positing that the perceived characteristics of 'healthy' may be entirely subjective, to the observer.

Objective health of an individual may or may not be a thing, but I don't think you will find unanimous consensus on what that looks like - not even on this forum.

These are all characteristics I associate with youthful metabolism (and high T). I see DR as a good example of this, although I get this isn't everyone's idea of 'masculine'.

Thin neck and slim build could easily be explained by a combo of sedentary lifestyle/high metabolism. (That said, the thick neck/high muscle mass thing never looked natural to me. I suspect that's more of a cultural caricature of male maturity...but what do I know?)

Eg, when I was 20, I could chow down 3000 kcal of PUFA and never gain weight. I think a lot of guys can relate to this. Energy was consistently high plus I'd have to jerk off 3 times a day just to keep libido in check.

Now I'm bald with a beer gut and can't get laid hahaha. I do not think DR has this problem.
If you associate high T with inability to build muscle you're just flat out wrong.

cyclops

I haven't listened to interview but I notice the title and that its 3 hours long. I am hesitant to listen to this stuff because I dont want to hear the same stuff over and over. Is there anything new to say? This interview may very well be chock full of new information and Im missing out, but I doubt it and don't have 3 hours.

What I'd love to hear from guys who have been doing this a long time is very short videos with completely new information. The basics are already out there.

inurendotoxin

If you associate high T with inability to build muscle you're just flat out wrong.

Yes. I do not think that. But a sedentary lifestyle is not the same as an 'inability' to build muscle.

T

TheBeard

My educated guess from doing this for a while is that DR lowered his estrogen too much over a long duration of time, and this is not good. He has accomplished this with all of the things that he talks about in videos and podcasts. (Markers of these changes are: decreased weight and inability to build muscle -- thin jaw and neck; changes in voice and eventually skin tone and hair, as well.) My speculation from the comment above is that while these approaches might work well in one context for an overweight, high estrogen man or woman, they are less ideal in a thin, thirty-something man - even one trying to prevent hair loss. (This seems like the ultimate irony, because I'm pretty sure that if you mess with lowering your estrogen for a long period of time, vital changes in T are bound to occur, and the sum total of this is that you will begin to see loss of hair, in addition to a whole bunch of other undesirable side effects.)

None of this is to disparage DR, who in retrospect probably introduced a lot of people to RP, for the better.

Exactly, DR seems too feminine to be healthy, that has to be pointing to something wrong.

Think neck, low energy, some slurring of the words.

Take Georgi with his balding head and his thick arms and grizzly look: you can feel the energy in his voice that springs from within.

Either mother nature is a b**** and gave them different DHT levels in the womb, or one of them is doing something right

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals