Hello. My Story, Success With Peat And Health Interests

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
@heartnhands Thanks for the welcome. I've actually just started to use taurine, too early to tell if its had any impact. Never tried charcoal but am very interested to do so. Have you tried it? Notice any benefits? Do you know of any studies with regards to charcoal?

The main thing i've noticed with my hair is the hair I have is in great shape. Infinitely improved from a couple of years ago, no longer straw like and frizzy. However, I've really struggled with growing back stuff from where i've lost it. Been using LLLT for over a year now and it has improved the quality of my hair and given me maybe a few hairs around my temples but not much. About a month ago I stopped using shampoo and conditioners, only hot water and brushing, that has further improved the condition of my hair. I've also been using a derma-needling device to facilitate hair growth. Have been using it for a couple of months and not sure of the impact, I do have some new hairs but not sure if they are the result of the derma-needling or the other things i'm doing. I am slightly concerned with regards to the needling as my initial thought is that anything that is damaging and causes inflammation cannot be good, however there is some evidence that shows it to be good for hair growth. We'll have to see I guess.

hang loose

@Soren Awesome story with a lot of usefull info mate.
I'm interested in how you manage your acne. Did you see improvement just with the vitamin A supplement or anything else helped you as well?

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
@Soren Awesome story with a lot of usefull info mate.
I'm interested in how you manage your acne. Did you see improvement just with the vitamin A supplement or anything else helped you as well?

Thanks @hang loose glad it was helpful.

I think it was the combination of vitamin A and NDT (thyroid) that helped a great deal with my acne. I still am taking vitamin A but am off NDT at the moment and I have definitely had a bit more acne. I also think that light makes a big difference for acne. Getting a bit of time in the sun makes a huge difference for me. The blue light spectrum kills acne causing bacteria and the red light helps to improve metabolism. I occasionally use a blue light source when my acne is getting bad (just be sure to protect your eyes as blue light is damaging to them). There is a very informative article on redlightman.com that you should check out if your interested. Here is the link Acne Light Therapy - Red Light Man

Overall I think the best treatment for me for acne has always been sunlight followed by adequate vitamin A supplementation and a healthy metabolism.

Hope that helps