Sudden drop in blood sugar

Peatful

I've done exactly that and it has not worked.

I had the same dilemma as you.
I enjoyed eggs and wanted to make them work for me.

What worked for me was simply eating the yolks.

No fatigue. No BS drop.

Details:
I use butter to fry. Eat with toast.
And drink with a mini can of Pepsi.

If the yolks alone don’t work...
Don’t know if you would consider a proper sourdough bread with your breakfast.

Macros around 50/20/20 or 40/30/30 C/P/F are very healing- not just sustaining.

I've done exactly that and it has not worked.
Then maybe you have an allergy to eggs? RP talks about that too. I know I can only eat corn and soy free ones or I feel a little flu like after eating regular eggs. I have a slight corn allergy and maybe even soy (I haven’t tested for soy). I can eat conventional vegetarian fed eggs baked in something, but not by themselves without feeling really “off”.

Attachments

• F4EFE057-F4A0-4992-8090-57891B74B5B3.jpeg
    F4EFE057-F4A0-4992-8090-57891B74B5B3.jpeg
    480.3 KB · Views: 10
OP
C

Carrum

I eat loads of eggs.
Forget the eggs.
Meat and eggs make my blood sugar plummet when I'm at work doing very physical tasks. I don't have any problem with these foods if I'm not working.

bistecca

Sounds like maybe you're just being very active and consuming more energy than you have stored. Could also be some synergizing environmental exposure.. EMF i think has been shown to reduce blood sugar levels and can induce fatigue.. not sure if you're actually taking your blood glucose levels..?

OP
C

Carrum

I did a little experiment this week. I had no carbs at breakfast all this week. Just some meat. Mostly fat cuts. No problems.

OP
C

Carrum

I don't do keto. I was only experimenting with having some sort of fat and protein at breakfast to give me a little longer energy in the mornings at work. It's getting cold here now, (Melbourne, Australia) so I don't want to be drinking orange juice on cold mornings at work.
My experiment with meat has ended for now. It was keeping the hunger away for longer than tea with honey. I felt ok sometimes but very sluggish at other times. On Friday I had tea with honey and took a flask of the same to drink at work. I just had a few sips now and again. I had loads of energy and could move quickly. By the time I had finished drinking it the day had warmed up a bit and I was fine on orange juice for the rest of the work day.
It really seems to be that high carbs are the way to go for me when I'm working. It just needs to be carbs that don't make me cold at this time of year.

I don't do keto. I was only experimenting with having some sort of fat and protein at breakfast to give me a little longer energy in the mornings at work. It's getting cold here now, (Melbourne, Australia) so I don't want to be drinking orange juice on cold mornings at work.
My experiment with meat has ended for now. It was keeping the hunger away for longer than tea with honey. I felt ok sometimes but very sluggish at other times. On Friday I had tea with honey and took a flask of the same to drink at work. I just had a few sips now and again. I had loads of energy and could move quickly. By the time I had finished drinking it the day had warmed up a bit and I was fine on orange juice for the rest of the work day.
It really seems to be that high carbs are the way to go for me when I'm working. It just needs to be carbs that don't make me cold at this time of year.
Yeah me too. Just sipping on iced milk with coffee and raw whipped honey keeps me energized for hours.

InChristAlone

Good luck, Ray Peaters have this issue with blood sugar all the time. I only solved it by adding back in plenty of GLUCOSE in the form of starches. Filled up the glycogen stores and I felt back to my normal self that didn't need to sip sugary drinks all day to avoid the shakes.

Good luck, Ray Peaters have this issue with blood sugar all the time. I only solved it by adding back in plenty of GLUCOSE in the form of starches. Filled up the glycogen stores and I felt back to my normal self that didn't need to sip sugary drinks all day to avoid the shakes.
I don’t NEED to sip on sugary drinks either. It is just something that works when there is a long distance between meals and I don’t want to fill up on fatty starchy foods. I don’t even know why you would get the “shakes”. I surely don’t. Good luck to you too :)

InChristAlone

I don’t NEED to sip on sugary drinks either. It is just something that works when there is a long distance between meals and I don’t want to fill up on fatty starchy foods. I don’t even know why you would get the “shakes”. I surely don’t. Good luck to you too :)
You have clearly healed your liver if you never experience these symptoms. But many people who are on this diet have not and it seems to make the blood sugar instability worse.

You have clearly healed your liver if you never experience these symptoms. But many people who are on this diet have not and it seems to make the blood sugar instability worse.
The only time I have ever experienced something like that was in my early 30’s when I first started drinking coffee without sugar. I would feel terrible if I didn’t get food quick. I never had that experience when I first started drinking coffee, with cream and sugar, or now drinking it with cream and sugar. Without sugar and just cream, I would get nauseous and sometimes get a really bad headache too and if I didn’t eat something immediately after coffee. Food has never made me feel that way, whether it be starch or sugar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals