OJ + Chicken Drumstick + Hard Physical Work = Low Blood Sugar

Carrum

I have read so many times that carbs and protein should be eaten together but I don't seem to get on with this combination when I'm at work. I work in a very physical job but have found that if I have a piece of meat (Only a drumstick or other small portion of meat) after I have had some OJ that I often start to feel very shaky shortly afters. This feeling goes away if I have some sugar or more juice. If I just drink juice all day at work (and maybe a can of Coke) I have no problem.
When I have oj and meat at meals where I am not doing physical work afterwards I don't have any problem.
Should I just carry on as I am?
(btw, I am allergic to all dairy so I don't need suggestions involving dairy)

Richiebogie

Do what works best.

Don't the professional cyclists eat and drink salts and sugar all day and then have their fat and protein at night?

This seems to be your ideal.

Sounds like you can do the sugar + fat + protein at night or during the day on your days off.

Footscray

I think you need starch too. I'm in the same boat too as a carpenter trying to implement these ideas which seem practical for a sedentary lifestyle, but not too practical for hard work. We have people talking about endurance exercises but that's a choice, we need to work for a living so we need to fuel the body. I don't know about you but most of my work is not 'breathless' so hard but paced. I get low-blood-occasionally and know that it's the worst situation for our health. Do what you can to avoid it.

Carrum

I've tried having potatoes with some meat at work but I don't get on well with potatoes unless they are freshly cooked and cooked well and I am able to relax after eating them. I now only eat them once per day in the evening. I have tried eating them with several meals on days where I am not working but my digestive system really doesn't like more than one portion per day.

Before work I have honey or oj, a piece of chicken, beef dripping (I really struggle eating low fat) with homemade gelatin and then at work I just have oj throughout the day (and maybe a coke). This gives me plenty of energy. I just wondered why I had read so much advice saying we should have protein at the same time.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
lvysaur Does chicken digest faster than beef? Meat 4
F Dosing Thyroid From Chicken Necks? Ask For Help or Advice 2
SOMO Chicken Meat ACE-Inhibitors Peptides Scientific Studies 1
paulwalkerrip Separating Chicken Fat From Stock? Broth, Stocks 3
A Meat, Chicken And B Vits Making My Gut Bloated And Noisy Ask For Help or Advice 5
pauljacob Chicken Fed Soy Meal Increase Estrogen In The Body Animals 8
A Using Sheep Neck Soup Instead Of Chicken Neck Soup Thyroid and Hormones 1
L Chicken Liver Instead Of Beef/Lamb Liver? Organ Meat 11
L Ray Peat Eats Fried Chicken Wings? Fats 28
E Chicken And Eggs Intake Associated With Anti-androgenic Phthalate Intake Scientific Studies 21
vulture Did You Ask For Gelatin? Chicken Feet Recipes 0
Dessert_All_Day Jordan Peterson's Chicken And Broccoli Diet Miscellaneous Health Discussions 53
R Pufa Content Chicken Vs Pork Ask For Help or Advice 8
P Chicken Soup Really Is Good For The Soul: "comfort Food" Fulfills The Need To Belong Articles & Scientific Studies 5
ShirtTieFitness Sautéed Garlic Chicken Thai Green Curry Over Sticky Rice Recipes 0
B Stock From Chicken Feet Recipes 21
Let Go Subway's Soy Chicken Miscellaneous 2
P After Cooking Cartilage Broth Should I Eat The Chicken Feet Too? Digestion, Gut Flora 8
yerrag Fish And Chicken And Pork And Avocadoes Diet 22
T It Takes A Long Time To Pick The Bones Out Of Chicken Feet Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 0
P Effects Of Chicken Essence On Recovery From Mental Fatigue In Healthy Males Articles & Scientific Studies 12
L Chicken Liver "Farofa" Recipes 0
sunmountain Calling all chicken neck soup lovers... Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 6
F How Ray Peat Makes Chicken Stock Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 21
T high amount of chicken Meat 9
R Beef Liver/ Chicken Liver? Organ Meat 35
Strongbad Substitutes for oysters and chicken necks? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 22
Y how to make chicken neck soup? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 3
P Chicken broth instead of gelatin acceptable? Broth, Stocks 1
Daimyo Eating chicken and human temperature Meat 16
sunmountain cream of chicken soup Recipes 4
S Chicken Farmer Uses Oregano Oil, Cinnamon in Place of Antibiotics Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
lindsay Chicken Soup for the "Peatarian" soul Diet, Recipes 3
A Chicken Neck Potato Soup! Recipes 0
E How To Depufa Chicken Meat 5
lvysaur Pastured Chicken/pork - Safe Or No? Meat 7
H Fish heads and chicken necks, oh my! Diet, Recipes 6
W Milk, chicken, starch, eggs... Diet, Recipes 21
R Is Chicken Breast Really That Bad? Meat 32
N Chicken Meat 33
G Fertilized vs Unfertilized Chicken Eggs Kmud Interview: Oct.10, 2010 - Sugar II [Clipped.I 0
A Penis Does Not Get Quite As Hard As It Used To Ask For Help or Advice 35
BearWithMe Sleeping on hard surface fixed my anterior pelvic tilt Ask For Help or Advice 11
bzmazu Is COVID19 a New Type of Bio-Energetic Disease State? We May Find Out the Hard Way March 2021. Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 6
bzmazu America After The Election. The Hard Truth Breaking News 4
V Eating More Nutritious Food That I Don't Crave And I Find Hard To Digest Or Avoid Them At All? Digestion 9
L Please Help, Having A Hard Time Breathin Diet 16
U Hard Labour Makes Me Feel Well But Exercise Does Opposite. What's The Difference? Exercise 12
yerrag Hard To Find These Essential Oils - Any Leads? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 36
Frankdee20 Hard To Determine Brain Chemistry Ask For Help or Advice 12