Standing Against the Mandate

tankasnowgod

A prime example of "Fake News." From a long established outlet, no less.

It's not a "new law." It's a proposed bill. The article itself admits such-

The statement did not say when the proposed law was likely to be brought before all members of parliament for approval.

In other words.... it's not in effect, nor is there a date in the future that it will be in effect, nor even a date in the future when it will be voted upon, passed, or approved. And even if it does someday get to the floor for a vote, there is no guarantee that it won't have been heavily edited from it's current form.

In the US, there are many bills (hundreds or thousands a year, maybe more) proposed in every legislature, from the local, state and federal level, that never get to the floor for a vote.

Of course, you can't communicate all of this in a tweet, but calling it a "new law" is an obvious lie. "Proposed law" would have been more accurate, though with the sheer number of proposed bills that never even make it to a vote in any legislature, still hardly news in and of itself.

YourUniverse

I've read that the Emergencies Act has been extended. Just more proof, imo, that presumed upon rights are being, and will continue to be, trampled on. We are quite far away from normal in the "democratic" west, and my confidence is low that the current politicians in power even want normal: if they've shown us anything it's that they want a new normal, in which they are in control. I think the sooner we realize this the sooner we can take proper action to defend our democracies. What that action is for each of us will likely vary; but as with all issues of life you can't make a change until you see that a change is needed.
Yep, I was wrong. I'm still in shock.

tankasnowgod

I've read that the Emergencies Act has been extended. Just more proof, imo, that presumed upon rights are being, and will continue to be, trampled on. We are quite far away from normal in the "democratic" west, and my confidence is low that the current politicians in power even want normal: if they've shown us anything it's that they want a new normal, in which they are in control. I think the sooner we realize this the sooner we can take proper action to defend our democracies. What that action is for each of us will likely vary; but as with all issues of life you can't make a change until you see that a change is needed.
Why would you want to defend a democracy? Democracies aren't worth defending, and they are simply mob rule. It's two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

A Republican form of government is far better, as it seeks to protect the rights of the individual. Again, continuing with the quote attributed to Benjamin Franklin, it's a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

This is why I am grateful to live in the united states of America, even with all the compromised public servants and such. It's truly unique among all the major countries in the world today, especially in that it recognizes that government gets it's authority from the people, and that the people are explicitly stated to be sovereign.

Why would you want to defend a democracy? Democracies aren't worth defending, and they are simply mob rule. It's two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

A Republican form of government is far better, as it seeks to protect the rights of the individual. Again, continuing with the quote attributed to Benjamin Franklin, it's a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

This is why I am grateful to live in the united states of America, even with all the compromised public servants and such. It's truly unique among all the major countries in the world today, especially in that it recognizes that government gets it's authority from the people, and that the people are explicitly stated to be sovereign.
Dumb people with a hand out unfortunately.

Mossy

Well, for starters, I'm not going to pretend to know more than I do, but it is my understanding that the US is a democratic republic. Is your position that the US cannot fall under the larger umbrella label of a democracy, albeit it's a republic?

Last edited:
Z

Zsazsa

59.48.jpeg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals