I Think--think--large Doses Of Aspirin Dramatically Reduced My Tinnitus

jzeno

I started taking large doses of aspirin (11 325 mg tablets per day--5 tablets upon waking, 2 with lunch, 2 with dinner and 2 before bed) recently and I don't know how but my tinnitus seems to have dramatically reduced.

I'm just recording this here for others. I'm not saying this will work for you, but if you suffer from tinnitus, this may provide some relief for you. There may be others who have tried large doses of aspirin and it did not have any impact, or possibly a negative impact on their tinnitus symptoms, so please feel free to share if you've had a different experience.

If you read my log or my thread on raising body temp. I basically started taking high doses of aspirin because I was freezing cold and Hans suggested I take it for the uncoupling effect. It seems to be working, my body temp rose from a morning temp of 97.7 F to 98.3 F and I rarely feel cold in my core or extremities compared to before.

Log: Jzeno Log: Recording Diet And Results

Raise Body Temp. Thread: [Discussion] Raising Body Temperature

Post where Hans suggests aspirin: [Discussion] Raising Body Temperature

Another strange effect is that it seemed to reduce my tinnitus symptoms. This is strange but there is evidence of this happening in a study where Diabetics were prescribed large doses of aspirin:

Study: Mechanism by which high-dose aspirin improves glucose metabolism in type 2 diabetes

Under Results section: "The only minor side effects were tinnitus and mild hearing loss, which tended to decrease with continuation of the treatment and disappeared completely after the aspirin was stopped."

I will say that when I first started using aspirin at these levels, my tinnitus symptoms (the ear ringing) actually got worse! It became so loud it was almost painful! I was very bothered by and it almost caused me a lot of stress how much louder it had gotten.

But today I was noticing how all of the sudden, the ringing is almost perfectly gone! I can still hear a very faint ringing, but it is much more mild and I can only hear it if I try to focus on it whereas before it would interrupt almost everything!

I don't know when and where my tinnitus developed from, but I had a bad case and at night I need to sleep with a fan near my head to drown out the sound of the ringing--otherwise I toss and turn from the excitement of hearing the pitch and it's effect on my mind. I began noticing my tinnitus maybe sometime in my 20s. I could have had it sooner, but I did not notice it until 20s-ish, about 8-10 years ago possibly. It's not very clear. It's only been a real issue for me in the last 4 to 5 years though.

If you'll notice, I am taking other supplements which are fairly recent additions, such as Magnesium, C60, E, K, and CoQ10 and I'm constantly changing my diet. I cannot comment if these supplements or changes to my diet are having any impact on my tinnitus because I don't know. Personally, I don't think they are because this side effect of tinnitus is clearly recorded in the above research article with the participants as a result of taking high doses of aspirin, so I believe that my experience is simply the same thing that the participants in this study experienced and my diet and other supplements are not the main influence on this effect just as they weren't for these participants. Of course, I can't say that with certainty, so take this with a grain of salt.

Like I said, I don't have a fancy method or interval for taking the aspirin: it's very straight forward. I wake up, pop 5 tablets with OJ. I don't take any with breakfast because I'm still saturated from my first dose. Then with lunch I pop 2 more. Then I pop 2 more with dinner. Then I pop 2 right before bed. I take vitamin K alongside aspirin as most people suggest. I take about 1 mg of Vitamin K per 325 mg tablet of aspirin, which would come out to about 11 to 12 mg of Vitamin K per day. I try to take the Vitamin K right when I pop the aspirin because I'm scared if I don't I'll cause some harm (probably just an unfounded fear, me trying to be cautious)

Perhaps aspirin in large doses can help if you suffer from tinnitus or ear ringing.

Please feel free to share your experiences.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

@ecstatichamster

Yes, each tablet is the standard 325 mg.

>Isn't 5 a lot to take at once?

I don't think so. Again, I'm just going off what was recommended to me by Hans and others such as methylenwhite. Even visionofstrength's Uncoupling thread suggests 1 g upon rising, then 1 tablet every 2 hours or so: VoS Uncoupling Thread

Which is close, but not quite the same, but I cannot report any other bizarre or detrimental side effects like bowel problems, issues or stomach discomfort at this dose.

Also: The official Directions for Use on any aspirin bottle will say not to exceed 12 tablets per day. 11 falls right within that safe zone. So, while 5 tablets might seem like a lot at the end of the day I'm still taking less than the directions prescribe.

Cirion

What form of K do you take.

I started getting bleeding and bruising from just 1 gram of aspirin a day despite having 5mg K2 alongside it.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

@Cirion

Weird. Since I've started this dose, I've been using idealabsdc.com's Kuinone.

Where are you experiencing bleeding and bruising?

Cirion

It was more bruising than bleeding. Generally around the thigh area. My thighs are thick so it hurt to even walk since I often rub against it. I think I am just super sensitive to blood thinners. Because I just realized the past day or two that I am also sensitive to vitamin E, another thinner. With vitamin E, the experience I get with that is that I have painful bowel movements and sometimes slight blood in the stool.

Frankdee20

Aspirin usually gives me Tinitus. Perhaps, Vitamin E as well. Maybe something to do with blood thinning, Aspirin for sure. Not in a while though.

TeaRex14

It was more bruising than bleeding. Generally around the thigh area. My thighs are thick so it hurt to even walk since I often rub against it. I think I am just super sensitive to blood thinners. Because I just realized the past day or two that I am also sensitive to vitamin E, another thinner. With vitamin E, the experience I get with that is that I have painful bowel movements and sometimes slight blood in the stool.
Weird, I've had the same reaction from vitamin E here recently as well. The blood wasn't exactly mixed into my stool, but when I wiped I started bleeding. I temporarily discontinued the aspirin and cyproheptadine because I think the vitamin E is slightly more important then those two. I also increased my MK-7 to 300mcgs instead of 200mcgs and I also started eating kale daily instead of every other day. Seeing if this corrects the issue.

Frankdee20

Very fascinating. Thank you for sharing. Is in five a lot to take at once ? 325mg each?

Seems like an insane amount if it is not for a specific reason. Have you noticed any benefits beside the help with ear ringing ? Do not say uncoupling, LOL.

Cirion

Weird, I've had the same reaction from vitamin E here recently as well. The blood wasn't exactly mixed into my stool, but when I wiped I started bleeding. I temporarily discontinued the aspirin and cyproheptadine because I think the vitamin E is slightly more important then those two. I also increased my MK-7 to 300mcgs instead of 200mcgs and I also started eating kale daily instead of every other day. Seeing if this corrects the issue.

The more and more time I spend in the health-o-sphere the more I realize food trumps supplements nearly every time. With that in mind, I have a feeling kale, spinach, parsley etc. will be vastly superior to vitamin K supplementation for avoiding the bleeding. I plan to experiment myself with this soon.

Interesting - my experience was EXACTLY the same. No noticeable blood in the stool, but noticed it in the wiping.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

@Frankdee20

Other benefits? Well, I primarily take it because my core temperature rose from 97.7 F to 98.3 F. That was the main reason I started it in the first place. Then this just happened. So, perhaps there are more benefits, but that one is the primary one and then this reduction in tinnitus was just a surprise side effect.

What-a-Riot

search salicylic acid and tinnitus and you'll find plenty. i think it activates or otherwise opposes inhibition of cochlear nmda receptors. if the tinnitus is caused by something other than than maybe there are other mechanisms by which aspirin can help with it though

OP
jzeno

jzeno

See, I think the tinnitus is still there but it is just severely dampened. My hearing doesn't seem to be affected at all. I just hear the ringing much less than I used to. It's so much more manageable then before. I can focus a lot more without it it's presence.

Weird phenomenon.

TeaRex14

The more and more time I spend in the health-o-sphere the more I realize food trumps supplements nearly every time. With that in mind, I have a feeling kale, spinach, parsley etc. will be vastly superior to vitamin K supplementation for avoiding the bleeding. I plan to experiment myself with this soon.

Interesting - my experience was EXACTLY the same. No noticeable blood in the stool, but noticed it in the wiping.
Yeah I would try incorporating some greens in for sure. I'm wondering if I've antagonized serotonin to a point I'm not clotting well anymore. Serotonin is important for clotting purposes, and because I've been hitting the theanine pretty heavy here lately I think that's had a synergistic effect with the blood thinners and cypro. Just speculation, but I'll be laying off most of that stuff for a bit.

Cirion

I dunno if that's true in regards to serotonin. If I am serotonin depleted, why do I still have such bad serotonin symptoms like when I have tryptophan heavy proteins for example?

TeaRex14

I dunno if that's true in regards to serotonin. If I am serotonin depleted, why do I still have such bad serotonin symptoms like when I have tryptophan heavy proteins for example?
Well, I can't find the exact thread I was looking for unfortunately, it's somewhere on here though. But haidut mentioned in this thread the combination of aspirin and cypro could be dangerous because of blood thinning. Either somewhere in that same thread, or another thread, he talks about why. Serotonin plays a role in blood platelet function. Also, I don't exactly know if that's the cause of my or your dilemma. But it's something to consider. Especially when I think about how I've been using cypro, aspirin, vitamin E, and theanine off and on for a good bit. Never really all together, but I mix them up from day to day.

kondevantoni

Two months ago i broke my leg, and after the operation i was prescribed a blood thinner Klexane for a month. Instead of it i took 5-6 g of aspirin per day. Compared to my usual daily dose of 0,5-1g I did not notice any change in body temp or tinnitus.

nwo2012

Drink peppermint tea regularly, with tbsp quality gelatin, and tinnitus will improve further. I think the uncoupling has probably increased gut motility and reduced serotonin, moving endotoxins out quickly. Make sure to do daily carrot salad.
Oh and 1/2 tsp soda bic with aspirin will protect GIT.

tomisonbottom

See, I think the tinnitus is still there but it is just severely dampened. My hearing doesn't seem to be affected at all. I just hear the ringing much less than I used to. It's so much more manageable then before. I can focus a lot more without it it's presence.

Weird phenomenon.

Are you still doing this?