I Think--think--large Doses Of Aspirin Dramatically Reduced My Tinnitus

OP
jzeno

jzeno

@tomisonbottom

Yes sir. 11x 325 mg tablets of aspirin everyday. 5 when I wake up, 2 with lunch and dinner, 2 right before bed.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

@jzeno

Aspirin inhibits prostaglandin synthesis, which opposes the secretion of the protein mucin-2. In the short-term, this can cause irritation to the intestine as it becomes more permeable and sensitive to irritants, which can provoke a reaction from the immune system. However, mucin-2 supports bacterial growth in the intestine. A decrease in mucin-2 results in less bacteria in the gut and thus less endotoxin, which tends to improve liver function. Your liver regulates the permeability of the intestine, so a more efficient liver both protects from exposure to additional endotoxin, and a healthy liver also supports the capacity of your immune system to deal with endotoxin.

Aspirin also regulates cell turnover in the gut, so it can lessen the permeability of the intestinal wall and also prevent cancer. Within a couple of weeks of taking it, the stomach partially adapts to the ulceration caused by aspirin, but a deficiency in vitamin K2 can exacerbate some of aspirin's negative effects on the gut. Aspirin also depletes glycine, a deficiency of which can worsen symptoms of tinnitus. Lastly, a glycine deficiency slows the clearance of aspirin and can prolong an overdose.

aquaman

I get the opposite - large doses of aspirin reliably bring on tinnitus!

By large - I mean getting close to 1gram. Normally I only take 1-200mg

tankasnowgod

Interesting thread. I just started trying higher doses of aspirin for the uncoupling effects, and I am certainly noticing them. Previously, I would take 2 aspirins with simi regularity, maybe upping that a bit occasionally. Recently, I have gotten up to 6 or 7 over a day, and finally got the noticeable uncoupling. However, I did notice some issues with ears, like a mild increase in tinnitus (it's very slight with me, likely from working with headphones and going to loud concerts, and not being especially protective of my ears during youth), so your experience is something I will keep in mind. This thread is bookmarked for me.

I have noticed that Magnesiusm does seem to help with tinnititus, and have been using mag glycinate recently. I am also upping gelatin for a number of reasons, so should be covered on the glycine bases.

Ficini

Hi Jzeno!
Are you still doing this and how is your tinnitus?
I took 1.5g of aspirin in the morning and I noticed a serious tinnitus remission. It came back after I ate some grapes. But it was interesting.
Thank you.

koky

I take 1.3 grams aspirin every day to keep inflammation (mostly in knees) down
with 1 mg quinone for every 325mg aspirin
never tinnitus - positive results

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals