Standing Against the Mandate

BRMarshall

I was perhaps naive earlier, but my employer recently announced that being vaccinated will be a requirement for all employees. Those who don't comply will be terminated. This is surprising because we are headquartered in one of the more conservative US states (but have operations worldwide). Many employees, including almost all of my department, have been working from home since last March, but the announcement was clear this applies to everyone. I didn't see this coming, but again, could be nativity with this situation.
If I were to guess based on conversations I've had, maybe 10-20% are "non-compliant" and would have otherwise preferred to stay that way if it wasn't for the mandate.
This was really a top-down action, with most management I know being completely blindsided and are scrambling to think who they might need to replace. Many (like myself) are critical to many important projects, and dare I say, those projects won't be possible if the 10-20% leave, and it would leave many operations in an extremely precarious situation. Unfortunately, I have a feeling many will give in.
I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I have a family that depends on my income. We're fortunate to have enough saved away to last several months, and I have no doubt that I'd be able to find a different job, but who knows how many other companies will follow suite. My skillset is mostly useful to large corporations, with not a lot of smaller independent shops an option.
My first gut-reaction was that I was going to be firm and just keep working up until the deadline and make them have to go through terminating me and walking me to the door. But I've been feeling less confident as more time has gone by. I really hate leaving my team in that precarious situation, and I've been there almost 20 years, I've loved working with my team, the projects I got to be part of and the type of work I did. And I'd be leaving a lot on the table in terms of unvested stock options. It's going to be hard for me to make a decision.
There are medical and religous exemptions possible, both which I am looking into.
The announcement said this is for the "protection and safety" of the workplace and blah blah. Many of us are speculating this might have something to do with our medical insurance provider, and/or the recent infrastructure bill (since our industry is mentioned therein). There may be strings attached, like proving your workforce is all vaccinated. But that's just hearsay at this point.
The jabs are voluntary, to insist is a criminal invasion of your privacy, and your person. Your conscience is sacrosanct, does not have to have some religious organization to affirm, you affirm it yourself.

Basically everyone is losing everything, thus it sounds like they would be losing a productive worker.

Talk to others that might feel the same, consider talking to lawyers maybe you might be able to launch a lawsuit when they
fire you, but I believe that you have to warn them of your rights first, in writing first....with facts, like VAERS data and that this
is an experimental operation, and that they are taking part in crimes against humanity.

Fight, fight for your family, as they and humanity have no future under this evil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chophouse360

Right now I'm trying to get a fully remote job - it's not too hard if you get yourself some software-related exp or things of this nature. I'm doing it because

1. I refuse to partake in this circus - I don't like the feeling of wearing a muzzle on my face, I refuse to get jabbed for anything

2. I realize the past year that I worked remote was the best year of my life - got to eat and drink optimally where it would be difficult for me to get all this stuff in to work - VERY low-stress - only stepped outside for walks or social stuff for sports or to meet-up with my friends - I feel like I get stressed staying in an office or school building all day and don't miss it whatsoever

At this point I'm just using my computer to make money and plan to continue to do so - worst-case scenario I'll remain at a job where I can just stay outside all day (soccer coach) - pay isn't bad if you're licensed (I am) and being outside feels about x100 better than staying at an indoor building for me.
What computer job do you do?

Just got this text a bit ago from one of our family members. His vaxxed in-laws got Covid and he saw the protests today, of hundreds of doctors and nurses in our area speaking out against the vaccines!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210821-190036_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210821-190036_Messages.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210821_185432.jpg
    20210821_185432.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 64

Old Irenaeus

So far I've been abe to avoid it. In lieu of getting the shots, I was supposed to be required to get tested once a week, but I recently tested positive, so now I don't have to show up for testing for 90 days. Hoping that in 90 days people will stop caring about this, however unlikely.

DB_2014

I work for a large retailer in the US. They haven’t required it yet, but I’m expecting it. Luckily, I found two different doctors who both wrote me medical exemptions based on my health history. If my job doesn’t recognize the exemptions as valid, I’ll quit. I’m fairly resourceful and I’ve never had trouble finding some form of work since I was a kid. I’ll go homeless before I take that jab. After all the health issues I’ve been through in the last 5 years, it’s simply not worth it. This vaccine is the hill I die on. There is no circumstance where I’ll ever consent. Fortunately, my immediate friends and family feel the same.

Rick K

Lollipop2

This vaccine is the hill I die on. There is no circumstance where I’ll ever consent. Fortunately, my immediate friends and family feel the same.
+1 I sooo agree. Good for you that you still have a tribe around you that think like you.

Dr. B

I work for a large retailer in the US. They haven’t required it yet, but I’m expecting it. Luckily, I found two different doctors who both wrote me medical exemptions based on my health history. If my job doesn’t recognize the exemptions as valid, I’ll quit. I’m fairly resourceful and I’ve never had trouble finding some form of work since I was a kid. I’ll go homeless before I take that jab. After all the health issues I’ve been through in the last 5 years, it’s simply not worth it. This vaccine is the hill I die on. There is no circumstance where I’ll ever consent. Fortunately, my immediate friends and family feel the same.
howd you get the exemptions mate, were they doctors you knew a long time? what exactly did they say in the exemptions did they say you have poor health history or some diseases? are these mainstream general family practice doctors or what kind of docs

DB_2014

howd you get the exemptions mate, were they doctors you knew a long time? what exactly did they say in the exemptions did they say you have poor health history or some diseases? are these mainstream general family practice doctors or what kind of docs

I have serious autoimmune issues, so my cardiologist and allergist were concerned that the vaccine would further exacerbate my already existing issues.

mm33

Forum Supporter
These MD’s might give you a medical exemption:

Thanks Lollipop2! Once the corrupt FDA approves these vaxes as early as tomorrow I'm afraid a lot of employees may have to get the vax or quit. If it happens I'll try the religious and if that doesn't work then a medical (might be hard since i never go to doc lol).

jnklheimer

Just got this text a bit ago from one of our family members. His vaxxed in-laws got Covid and he saw the protests today, of hundreds of doctors and nurses in our area speaking out against the vaccines!
If you don't mind sharing, what city is this doctor and nurse protest in?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals