Skim Vs. Whole Milk

Blinkyrocket

Where I live even the whole milk has added vitamin D and the only way to get milk without ANY added vitamins is ultra pasteurized so would it be any different to just go to skim milk even with the added vitamin A? If I have no choice between added vitamins than I might as well choose skim for less PUFA, right? I mean, I don't really experience allergies or digestive problems (that I know of, idk how you guys can tell whether your digestion is good or not) except for a stuffy nose sometimes that might be psychosomatic and not actually caused by the milk at all.

tara

If you've tried them all and can't tell which suits you best, then you can probably use any or all of them, depending on taste, convenience, calorie needs, etc.
If I could tolerate them all, I'd be using all of low fat and standard fat fresh, skim milk powder, condensed milk, and UHT for various purposes.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

tara said:
If you've tried them all and can't tell which suits you best, then you can probably use any or all of them, depending on taste, convenience, calorie needs, etc.
If I could tolerate them all, I'd be using all of low fat and standard fat fresh, skim milk powder, condensed milk, and UHT for various purposes.
I guess trying it yourself is how you can truly find stuff out in the real world :lol: I wonder though whether or not the vitamins are truly bad or just bad when your system reacts to them?

Peata

I haven't noticed much difference in the milk from different stores, it all tastes about the same to me, and I only have access to the inferior pasturized, vitamin-added, store-bought stuff. I don't even buy it organic. But I grew up drinking these same kinds (unless milk has changed in some way over the decades). I tend to not actually drink a lot of milk alone these days, but I use it in coffee and cooking with the occasional glasses of milk.

pboy

Im weary of and don't take supplements, but the additives in organic milk, the vit A and D haven't posed any issues to me. It takes quite a bit but if you are drinking the like 3 quarts or even 2 quarts milk recommened by peat a day, you might gotta be careful with whole milk or the little bit pufa it has could add up. If youre having 4-5 cups or less you'd probly be fine with whole milk on an otherwise low fat diet
Gauge it by feel
Also just in general if using whole milk...there is a total fat limit, even saturated, to have in a day..its not as thermogenic as sugar in the sense..its not related to drive and dopamine and thyroid like sugar is. The more usable sugar taken in, the more drive and dopamine and thyroid and inspiration you'll have...so that works it self out in regulating appetite, and your desire to use how much energy. Fat doesn't do that, so if you ate a bunch of fat it wouldn't like ...jump start your mood and inspiration and you feel highly motivated or warm like usable carbs do, its just a constant steady usage thing regardless of really wahts going on and because it cant be used fast like sugar, it wont inspire you into an active mode like sugar will. Most fat is used at night once sugar is out, or if you are just on a low carb diet, but again...fat never puts you in a heightened happy state, or its not regulating all your positive hormones like sugar. So burning it other than a small amount in the background is not a good idea. I guess it dpeneds on your size, not really metabolism, in terms of your fat limit, cause it isn't metabolically controlled like sugar is, its pretty much being used at a steady state for everyone. Id done expiriments with pufas in the past so I know signs of what happens, when they build up, literally oil would start exuding on skin and hair and those certain spots where it does. For me to reach that with milk , it took a couple months, but after a few montsh of half gallon whole milk a day I started exuding excessive oils, and around that same point the fat mouthfeel and smell of it started irritating me and was a turn off. So Id really say keep fat probly 50g or less for most people

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

pboy said:
Im weary of and don't take supplements, but the additives in organic milk, the vit A and D haven't posed any issues to me. It takes quite a bit but if you are drinking the like 3 quarts or even 2 quarts milk recommened by peat a day, you might gotta be careful with whole milk or the little bit pufa it has could add up. If youre having 4-5 cups or less you'd probly be fine with whole milk on an otherwise low fat diet
Gauge it by feel
Also just in general if using whole milk...there is a total fat limit, even saturated, to have in a day..its not as thermogenic as sugar in the sense..its not related to drive and dopamine and thyroid like sugar is. The more usable sugar taken in, the more drive and dopamine and thyroid and inspiration you'll have...so that works it self out in regulating appetite, and your desire to use how much energy. Fat doesn't do that, so if you ate a bunch of fat it wouldn't like ...jump start your mood and inspiration and you feel highly motivated or warm like usable carbs do, its just a constant steady usage thing regardless of really wahts going on and because it cant be used fast like sugar, it wont inspire you into an active mode like sugar will. Most fat is used at night once sugar is out, or if you are just on a low carb diet, but again...fat never puts you in a heightened happy state, or its not regulating all your positive hormones like sugar. So burning it other than a small amount in the background is not a good idea. I guess it dpeneds on your size, not really metabolism, in terms of your fat limit, cause it isn't metabolically controlled like sugar is, its pretty much being used at a steady state for everyone. Id done expiriments with pufas in the past so I know signs of what happens, when they build up, literally oil would start exuding on skin and hair and those certain spots where it does. For me to reach that with milk , it took a couple months, but after a few montsh of half gallon whole milk a day I started exuding excessive oils, and around that same point the fat mouthfeel and smell of it started irritating me and was a turn off. So Id really say keep fat probly 50g or less for most people
I've had oily skin and acne since I was a teen (teen hormones, not an excuse but a contributor) but I've also always been skinny and even when I ate whole pizzas and whole macaroni boxes and bags upon bags of potato chips I never gained weight so I must be hiring free fatty acids all the time cuz I am absolutely certain that my metabolism is horrible, sometimes it's not just my feet and hands that are cold but also my knees and parts of my entire leg. So, basically I've never been able to gain weight in my entire life past 150lbs and I'm 6 ft. I want to gain weight but whole milk seems to plug my nose some times. I wish I could just scarf down entire pizzas, in fact pizza is the ONLY food I actually want to eat.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

Plus, judging by how fast I go through a milk jug, id say I'm easily drinking at least 8 cups, but I don't measure so it might be more but it's definitely not less, I stinkin love the stuff.

jyb

Blinkyrocket said:
So, basically I've never been able to gain weight in my entire life past 150lbs and I'm 6 ft. I want to gain weight but whole milk seems to plug my nose some times. I wish I could just scarf down entire pizzas, in fact pizza is the ONLY food I actually want to eat.

Could be due to drinking too much milk at once or in evenings when digestion is inefficient. This means undigested protein or something like that, I expect that to clog my nose. Good quality fat as in cream or ice cream never clogs my nose, even in *huge* quantities, so I think it digests well and is suitable at night. It would be healthier than a pizza I think...

tara

Keeping my mouth shut unplugs my nose.
I think Mittir posted about the pizza he ate somewhere.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

tara said:
I think I may be exaggerating about the plugged nose, I used to mouth breathe when I had a stuffed nose a long time ago. But somehow I actually figured out without the help of google that breathing through my nose fixed it. The stuffed nose I get from milk is more like only one nostril and it's almost plugged and a little bit of pressure in my sinuses. There aren't any big physical symptoms when I drink milk but my head feels like what it feels like if I've been breathing smoke, kinda dry, if that makes sense.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

And there's a un bleached, in bromated, AND unenriched white flour. What is that in terms of quality compared to sour dough bread?

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

jyb said:
Blinkyrocket said:
So, basically I've never been able to gain weight in my entire life past 150lbs and I'm 6 ft. I want to gain weight but whole milk seems to plug my nose some times. I wish I could just scarf down entire pizzas, in fact pizza is the ONLY food I actually want to eat.

Could be due to drinking too much milk at once or in evenings when digestion is inefficient. This means undigested protein or something like that, I expect that to clog my nose. Good quality fat as in cream or ice cream never clogs my nose, even in *huge* quantities, so I think it digests well and is suitable at night. It would be healthier than a pizza I think...
I think you may be correct, although in my experience ice cream plugs my nose the most o_O

tara

Blinkyrocket said:
tara said:
I think I may be exaggerating about the plugged nose, I used to mouth breathe when I had a stuffed nose a long time ago. But somehow I actually figured out without the help of google that breathing through my nose fixed it. The stuffed nose I get from milk is more like only one nostril and it's almost plugged and a little bit of pressure in my sinuses. There aren't any big physical symptoms when I drink milk but my head feels like what it feels like if I've been breathing smoke, kinda dry, if that makes sense.

I don't get a plugged nose, but a fogged-head.
Bad luck for both of us, since we both like milk. :(

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Blinkyrocket said:
I know whole milk is optimal in some circumstances but I actually drink a ton of milk and while it doesn't bother me THAT much, I load up on PUFAs and if I want my metabolism to heal I probably shouldn't be doing that :/
:1 :yeahthat

Parsifal

Everytime I drink whole milk I get a lot of mucus, so I drink 0% and don't feel any adverse effects for now.

Amazoniac

WHOLE MILK FROM SKIM MILK AND CREAM
Additions to skim milch to fill one cup:
  • 1.5t heavy cream= 1% milk
  • 1T heavy cream= 2% milk
  • 2T heavy cream= whole milk
  • 5T 1t heavy cream= half-&-half
  • 9T heavy cream= light cream
  • 2T half & half= 1% milk
  • 3T half & half= 2% milk
  • 4T half & half= whole milk
Gives you more control depending on how much you want for a given time. Also the delicate fats remain intact for not being pasteurized along with the milch. Any of you tried this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals