Milk Recommendation For Y'all

chrismeyers

I'm pretty much 100% Peat the last few months and actually an only milk, fruits/ juice, ice cream very occassionally strict Peat.

The milk I have settled on is Organic Valley Lactose Free 0% (Fat free) milk in half gallons. I drink a full gallon every single day (16 cups). This stuff goes in sooo smooth in my system, absolutely zero problems and I would recommend to anybody. I did a lot of debate over full fat vs 0 fat in the lactose free OV but I decided on the 0 because fat free milk does indeed have some fat. Around 0.1 per cup multiply that by 16 and thats enough fat. Also the 0% just digests for me better than even the Whole OV Lactose Free. There are still some things that bothered me about this milk. First being A and D3 are added and must be added by US law. Any lowfat or fat free milk has to have A and D. Even with those this stuff is so magical Ive decided to overlook it, and honestly I need the D atleast anyway. The other part I dont love is the ultra pasteurization but I come from a culture where all milk is boiled anyway after purchase so it doesnt bother me too much. I have once tried switching to OVs whole grassmilk because statistically it checks a lot of boxes. Un homogenized, no vitamin fortification in the whole grassmilk, but as awesome as it is on paper it just doesnt absorb as well for me. The fats too high, as I said Im getting 0 on the Lactose Free, and the Grassmilk doesnt have the added Lactase so its not Lactose Free. The one thing I will end with is this. If you are having any problems with any particular milk, try Organic Valley Lactose Free 0% and see if it agrees with you. It just flows through me like water and absorbs beautifully.

BastiFuntasty

0.1 fat would mean 4 g per gallon, are you avoiding it strictly due to possible hormones in the fat?

OP
C

chrismeyers

0.1 fat would mean 4 g per gallon, are you avoiding it strictly due to possible hormones in the fat?

I just think its unnecessary. Realistically you don't need any saturated fat at all because your body can convert all the glucose youre getting in the milk into whatever sat fat it needs. Also there is a tiny bit of PUFA in milk fat too, so why not reduce it even more? Lastly for me I just digest it so much better with the fat free version. I mean I honestly go days when I drink 3 half gallons a day and nothing else. No juice. And I feel better than Ive ever felt.

BastiFuntasty

I just think its unnecessary. Realistically you don't need any saturated fat at all because your body can convert all the glucose youre getting in the milk into whatever sat fat it needs. Also there is a tiny bit of PUFA in milk fat too, so why not reduce it even more? Lastly for me I just digest it so much better with the fat free version. I mean I honestly go days when I drink 3 half gallons a day and nothing else. No juice. And I feel better than Ive ever felt.
Mmmmhhm 3half gallons sounds yammi yammi yammi :thumbup
It's a weird thing they have to put that extra vitamins in that milk. Here in Germany there is no such a law, but on the other hand we have only very few skimmed milk versions, and almost all come in this stupid tetra paks which are bpa bombs :naughty

OP
C

chrismeyers

Mmmmhhm 3half gallons sounds yammi yammi yammi :thumbup
It's a weird thing they have to put that extra vitamins in that milk. Here in Germany there is no such a law, but on the other hand we have only very few skimmed milk versions, and almost all come in this stupid tetra paks which are bpa bombs :naughty
I hate mandated vitamin standards so I wholeheartedly agree. But I will say that with our varied population and lots of people from all over the world, combined with the northern latitudes of many American cities, I think thats the reason for the D fortification. Those from far northern Europe have genetically adapted a lot to D levels in those areas so you might not need as strong a program. The A is only required in low fat milks in America, supposedly to make up for the A lost in the milk fat.

OP
C

chrismeyers

Oh and wanted to add 1.5 gallons (~5.7 liters) of skim really isnt all that hard to drink. Skim is a lot less dense. Youre talking about a total of only about 2100 calories for the whole thing. These days I can polish off a half gallon (1.89 L) in one sitting. Thats about 700 calories. But I only drink 3 half gallons on days I eat nothing else also. On most days I drink 2.

BastiFuntasty

Oh and wanted to add 1.5 gallons (~5.7 liters) of skim really isnt all that hard to drink. Skim is a lot less dense. Youre talking about a total of only about 2100 calories for the whole thing. These days I can polish off a half gallon (1.89 L) in one sitting. Thats about 700 calories. But I only drink 3 half gallons on days I eat nothing else also. On most days I drink 2.
That's close to Peats range of milk consume. I remember him saying, that he averaged a gallon of milk per day over the years.
I d love to do so too, since milk is so tasteful, relatively cheap and needs no time to prepare...perfect for lazy guys like me :10:

But atm my body rejects it somehow.
:confused2

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals