Organic Valley Grassmilk

mamaherrera

Ok this is the best milk I can find. THe grassmilk by Organic Valley. But it's only in whole, 2%, and fat free. I would love to have 1% because I'm trying to keep fat low, but still want some of that good fat. Any way for me to get the 2% to 1% at home?? I tried boiling it and then cooled it and I got a thin layer of fat to the top, but still see lots of fat floating around in there. Any other thoughts??

thegiantess

Buy a fat free and a 2 percent and them combine then 50/50 in a different container.

XPlus

Ok this is the best milk I can find. THe grassmilk by Organic Valley. But it's only in whole, 2%, and fat free. I would love to have 1% because I'm trying to keep fat low, but still want some of that good fat. Any way for me to get the 2% to 1% at home?? I tried boiling it and then cooled it and I got a thin layer of fat to the top, but still see lots of fat floating around in there. Any other thoughts??
I really got addicted to this brand but I couldn't find it for like a month now.
I'm back to regular store milk and I feel like vomiting every time I sip some. I also haven't been feeling like I'm in my optimal state since I stopped drinking it.
Buy a fat free and a 2 percent and them combine then 50/50 in a different container.
For some reason this doesn't work for me.
I'm still left with traces of indigestion.

Birdie

I found the Organic Valley 1% at Walmart.

Lecarpetron

No matter how much I shake the 2% or whole of the Organic Valley Grassmilk, I can't get it to homogenize. Swallowing chunks of fat seems gross (I know it shouldn't be, it's just cream), so I end up fishing them out so I don't gag on them. Now I just get skim and try to have some coconut oil/A/D/K with it.

@Birdie, are you sure it was Grassmilk and not just regular Organic Valley?

whodathunkit

^^This.^^ I've done it.

I find that skim isn't so bad. I still buy the grassmilk so that I get the benefits of CLA from whatever fat's in that. I know it says no fat but there are still traces cuz it's an animal product.

But when drinking milk with fat content, IMO the little chunks of fat are the best part of non-homogenized milk. I love heavy cream in whatever form it comes. If I could sub heavy cream for milk without killing my liver I would do that.

Birdie

No matter how much I shake the 2% or whole of the Organic Valley Grassmilk, I can't get it to homogenize. Swallowing chunks of fat seems gross (I know it shouldn't be, it's just cream), so I end up fishing them out so I don't gag on them. Now I just get skim and try to have some coconut oil/A/D/K with it.

@Birdie, are you sure it was Grassmilk and not just regular Organic Valley?

It's the Pasture-Raised. Good enough for me!

I only have the whole milk variety in my store so my solution is combining it with cheap skim milk. A ratio of 2 cups whole to 6 cups skim makes 1% milk!

Birdie

That's a good idea @joshquintanilla.

I'm living in a different place now, so my milk has changed. The one I'm using is Grass-fed Maple Hill Organic. The two available are 2% and Whole Milk. It comes homogenized and super-pasteurized.

There is a Walmart that carries my old milk, but around 2017, it stopped tasting good to me.

baccheion

That's a good idea @joshquintanilla.

I'm living in a different place now, so my milk has changed. The one I'm using is Grass-fed Maple Hill Organic. The two available are 2% and Whole Milk. It comes homogenized and super-pasteurized.

There is a Walmart that carries my old milk, but around 2017, it stopped tasting good to me.
How much do you consume?

Birdie

How much do you consume?
I don't measure it anymore although I did keep track until about 2018. So, from 2011 to 2018 I measured out the amount RP recommended each day. Is that a half a gallon? I don't remember. I don't really listen to his interviews anymore or I would know how much he uses.

Now, I have about 1/3 cup with my tea. 3 mugs of tea in the morning. Then milk with my coffee throughout the day. This is milk with sugar and powdered coffee. Cheese with morning eggs. Cheese during the day. Ice cream. It all adds up but not sure the amount!

How much do you use?