Best skim milk powder

Dr. B

This seems to be the best skim milk powder ive found on the market. organic, A2, grass fed etc. It's made from alexandre family farms, which I think is a popular organic brand in california and the west coast.

I'm just trying to get confirmation on whether or not it contains any fortified vitamins A and D. their wording on the website is strange and makes it seem like it could be fortified. but I have heard that only skim milk sold in stores is required to be fortified. skim milk used in ice creams, cheeses, or in dried milk powder form apparently doesn't need to be vitamin fortified, neither does yogurt, cheese, cream, etc.

chompie

This seems to be the best skim milk powder ive found on the market. organic, A2, grass fed etc. It's made from alexandre family farms, which I think is a popular organic brand in california and the west coast.

I'm just trying to get confirmation on whether or not it contains any fortified vitamins A and D. their wording on the website is strange and makes it seem like it could be fortified. but I have heard that only skim milk sold in stores is required to be fortified. skim milk used in ice creams, cheeses, or in dried milk powder form apparently doesn't need to be vitamin fortified, neither does yogurt, cheese, cream, etc.
I've used this brand for some time. I don't think it's fortified simply due to the fact that I don't react to it. Every other skim milk fortified with Vit A causes digestive upset for me

OP
D

Dr. B

I've used this brand for some time. I don't think it's fortified simply due to the fact that I don't react to it. Every other skim milk fortified with Vit A causes digestive upset for me
how did you find the brand, and where do you order it from?
they seem to be very expensive for shipping...
i found their product on amazon, but that product is much more expensive

what do you mix your skim milk with

chompie

how did you find the brand, and where do you order it from?
they seem to be very expensive for shipping...
i found their product on amazon, but that product is much more expensive

what do you mix your skim milk with
I use it for milk powder pancakes and just order it straight from Azure.

3tbps milk powder
1 scoop collagen protein
1 egg
2 tsp sugar
salt
milk to desired consistency.

sunny

Didn't Dr. Peat recently say he learned milk powder had an excipient in it from processing? I wonder is azure standard is free from it.

livesimply

Did you see this: Food Distributor Azure Standard HQ Just Went Up in Smoke

Dr. Peat said he learned that mass marketed brands contain some type of nano powder in them. I doubt this Azure one has anything like that

OP
D

Dr. B

hey, @Mr.Bollox--thanks for posting about Azure Standard. I forgot all about them! There are two nonfat milks, and both state they do NOT fortify with A or D. :thumbright Organic, non-GMO Food and Produce Delivered - Azure Standard
Need to get some for my "stock-up pantry"
@ecstatichamster they may not use excepients. But the thing is with their skim milk powder, they dont fortify with vitamins. But i wasnt able to find out if alexandre farms fortified them. Normally skim milk has to be vitamin fortified. I dont know how it works if its skim milk being sold from one company to another to be used for dry powder. The azure powder is hard to blend, it clumps a lot. It also takes a lot of volume. I was thinking of doing the raw organic grass fed whey, organic whey protein instead.
They use alexandre family farms skim milk.which is normally fortified

@ecstatichamster they may not use excepients. But the thing is with their skim milk powder, they dont fortify with vitamins. But i wasnt able to find out if alexandre farms fortified them. Normally skim milk has to be vitamin fortified. I dont know how it works if its skim milk being sold from one company to another to be used for dry powder. The azure powder is hard to blend, it clumps a lot. It also takes a lot of volume. I was thinking of doing the raw organic grass fed whey, organic whey protein instead.
They use alexandre family farms skim milk.which is normally fortified

Thank you for that information. Very helpful.

Now foods has an organic non-fat milk powder that doesn’t have anything added. It’s priced pretty decently. I find it especially useful for travel and as a substitute to make healthier versions of packaged foods for kids (the “milk” part of cereal bars, homemade marshmallows, mixed in with baking chocolate to make soy-free milk chocolate, etc.)

I’m always impressed by the level of self-awareness some members here have and I’m trying to become better at assessing how individual foods affect me...I’ve not experienced any particular negative reaction with this item/brand, but I have to check more carefully for positive metabolic effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals