Sick of spending so much money on food! Is rice the solution?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

how do u get the milk so cheap thats a good deal.. is it 100^ grass fed and organic...
whats in the coconut chips?

why do you do all those things, yogurt and cheese has major issues with the enzymes cultures used for those these days...
It is organic...not certified organic but still.

Dried coconut and maple syrup. They're really good!

I get the yogurt and cheese from the same farm that produces the milk, it's all raw, do you think that's still a problem?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

akk9

This is the most recent photo of him, looks a bit skinny...
His bone structure looks ok, maybe he's breathing in calcium from the air somehow?

Dr. B

It is organic...not certified organic but still.

Dried coconut and maple syrup. They're really good!

I get the yogurt and cheese from the same farm that produces the milk, it's all raw, do you think that's still a problem?
which farm, is this the PA farm

amd

Because of the lack of water resources, they were using reclaimed water from fracking sites for date trees. This was years ago.

tankasnowgod

Fasting...brings back memories! Not very good ones lol. How long did you spend on IF?

I think about 9-10 months. Of course, I went completely overboard at the time. Doing 19 hour fasts every weekday, and trying to throw in one 24-36 hour fast in there too, while usually skipping lunch on the weekend. Oh, and loose "paleo" diet at the time, too.

Things were pretty great over that first summer. I think I was doing a bit of "Intermittent Feasting" as well, which prolly limited the damage. But yeah, it collapsed big time when I got deep into the winter months (even with the mild climate where I live).

akgrrrl

I get raw A2 whole milk for $6/gallon...the problem is I don't do great drinking more than a gallon of it a day. So I need to find some other cheap 'filler food.'

I also don't do that great with lots of sugary carbs, otherwise honey/syrup/etc could provide a greater proportion of cheap-ish calories.

If only a milk and honey diet was more feasible...might have to try that at some point!

I've been eating:

Macadamia nuts
Raw milk
Raw yogurt
Raw cheese
Organic carrots/shrooms/greens
Oysters
Organic berries
Organic pastured eggs
Organic grass-fed beef
Organic grass-fed organs
Organic dried fruits
Organic coconut chips
Organic coconut milk
Purrrrrfect eating things! Envy here at your diligence and will.
With the suggestions here, I envision you with a good pushbutton rice cooker and all the variations of Dirty Rice. Bone broth, burger, onion bits(even dried cooked with rice) garlic.
Cheese and rice
Coconut rice
Coconut milk or cow milk rice pudding with butter, raisens, cinnamon

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Because of the lack of water resources, they were using reclaimed water from fracking sites for date trees. This was years ago.
Interesting...didn't know that. I prefer figs over dates anyways :)

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Purrrrrfect eating things! Envy here at your diligence and will.
With the suggestions here, I envision you with a good pushbutton rice cooker and all the variations of Dirty Rice. Bone broth, burger, onion bits(even dried cooked with rice) garlic.
Cheese and rice
Coconut rice
Coconut milk or cow milk rice pudding with butter, raisens, cinnamon
Thank you akgrrrl! If you think about it, good nutrition is one of the few things the average person can really control, so I try to be as diligent as possible with it.

Love those ideas, too, they do sound good. This is precisely what I'll do if one final mostly-milk experiment fails...

alainchalamet

I haven't read through whole thread, but isn't potatoes better than rice? Good potassium source and just good in general?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Y'all made me realize that a few little tweaks (mostly more milk, if I can hack it/adjust to it) could result in some big savings.

Now projected to spend about $130/week on food. I can live with that - thanks!!

akgrrrl

Ooh gotcha beat, $100 a month, but I have access to lots of natural resources and buy all my stuff in bulk. When the whole organic milk is half price I buy several gallons and freeze it. It seems to me you are mapping it out to your needs and wants, maybe a bit more research on where best in your area to get each item? Even here in rural AK, I can buy a GALLON of amazing grade B maple syrup for $47 if I go to a certain store thats a few miles more, beats paying $24 for a pint in mainstream store that only has amber grade which is more processed, less tasty, less nutrients

Y'all made me realize that a few little tweaks (mostly more milk, if I can hack it/adjust to it) could result in some big savings.

Now projected to spend about $130/week on food. I can live with that - thanks!!

Apple

Calories. If I don't eat 4,000+ calories/day I lose weight, which I don't want to do.
Milk is not a calorie dense food. Why won't you add several pounds of sugar and pasta:)) should be cheap
I don't think past 2 liters of milk you can extract any more benefit from it unless you are seriously bulking.
This post is like a joke on those milk sensitive...I see many people on here are happy to be able to handle 2-3 cups a day and you need more than a gallon (3.8 liters)?
Dairy farms must be making good money on guys like you

Last edited:
OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Milk is not a calorie dense food. Why won't you add several pounds of sugar and pasta:)) should be cheap
I don't think past 2 liters of milk you can extract any more benefit from it unless you are seriously bulking.
This post is like a joke on those milk sensitive...I see many people on here are happy to be able to handle 2-3 cups a day and you need more than a gallon (3.8 liters)?
Dairy farms must be making good money on guys like you
Why no sugar and pasta? Cause I don't do well with high carb or starches.

Yeah, I need more than a gallon if I want my diet to be much more than half milk.

And lol I like my dairy farm, a lovely family runs it, so I'm happy that they're "making good money" selling to "guys like [me]."

gaze

Partially! Always been thin with a fast metabolism. Pushing above 'set point' right now.
i'm basically the same. i always feel like i'm playing "catch up" as in im always a step behind my metabolism which makes me go hungry often and i lose weight quickly.

irregardless of price, pounding rice + butter is basically my only solution for calories. when i try to swap rice for potatoes, i get too artificially full in the stomach while my brain and muscles still need more calories. the insulin also messis up my blood sugar. whole milk or ice cream also doesn't feel to good as a main source of calories.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals