Sick of spending so much money on food! Is rice the solution?

akgrrrl

*sigh,* I’ve just been waiting for a woman to say “check out my library of old books.” To this day, no one has. :waiting
Awwww. Here honey, a teaser, 2 of 5 bookcases. If I show the comfy chairs wfootrests, lights, magnifiers and 1930s Smokecenter you might get an uncomfortable feeling in yer khakis

Attachments

• 20210706_204432.jpg
    20210706_204432.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210729_173228.jpg
    20210729_173228.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 38

Vileplume

Awwww. Here honey, a teaser, 2 of 5 bookcases. If I show the comfy chairs wfootrests, lights, magnifiers and 1930s Smokecenter you might get an uncomfortable feeling in yer khakis
Look at that! The same shelves contain Tolstoy and a book on adrenal fatigue. If I saw that, I’m not sure what would come of my khakis.

Dr. B

Milk feeds bacteria same way (Lactose). If too much lactose gets to colon it causes terrible farting. With bread - no farting.
If fruit is starchy and in combination with milk, it is a bomb for bacteria...but I don't feel any bad symptoms from combination bread and milk, on the contrary...
Usually I avoid gluten, but milk with bread in the morning is the best lunch for me, against all the theories on here.

What's the point of consuming several liters of milk if it just flushes to toilet?
milk and a donut then, would be ideal? donuts?

Apple

milk and a donut then, would be ideal? donuts?
haha...nah, it is not so simple. There are varieties of bread that work and others don't work. The best is white bread with added wheat bran for me.
I'm not talking about whole loaf, just a couple slices

Dr. B

Friend, your inquisitive nature is so encouraging. If you know what fracking is and how its done then you understand the context of the post and prev comment. Same for maple syrup or anything processed...if you understand how things are made then you understand, period. Look how helpful you have been on this forum because you asked the right question and became knowledgable enough to pass it to us! Your research skills are very much appreciated here in this regard.
i havent looked into fracking much, but rereading that quote it makes more sense. fracking water was used for date trees. but i wonder where. costco sells organic dates from algeria. organic figs from turkey, and organic dried mangoes and pineapples. im going to be implementing some of these fruits, in addition to some organic raisins if i can find some, and organic banana chips. the bananna chips actually have coconut oil too, so its a good way to get in some coconut oil, without needing to eat rice, or eat a spoonful of the oil by itself, or etc.
with grade A and grade B, in mainstream business culture, grade A is considered pricier and better from my understanding. grade A seems to require additional processing steps of processing or heating. most honey, syrup, milk is grade A. grade B is likely healthier, but one thing that's worrisome is companies apparently charging more for grade B. grade B has less processing and labor involved, so there shouldn't be these higher prices. that person said grade B maple syrup is double the cost of grade A. that seems crazy. the grade B producers in some cases seem to be taking advantage of the limited availibility of grade B products. it's like, milk is pasteurized, so a raw milk company, starts selling their raw milk for more than other milk. it would be illogical as theres less processing and labor needed.
why do you mention ive been helpful and research skills are appreciated? which subjects are you referring to? do you mean questions I asked Ray?

Jennifer

Haaah. Well it works in tandem with "built my own house" and " check out my library of old books" to eliminate a great many of the males who just happenstance to be roaming in the woods here

Haha! You’re like my sister from another mister. How many confuse “check out my library of old books” for a pick-up line?

If I saw that, I’m not sure what would come of my khakis.

Oh the pun…:tearsofjoy:

Jennifer, no it is not a Costco brand. It is from a Canadian dairy, brand name MC Dairy. It is sold at all of the grocery stores in my neighbourhood, but Costco has the best price. I see they call it: Pressed Cottage Cheese (same thing as dry curd).

Nutrition is:
125 grams (3/4 cup)
Calories 130
Fat 1 gram
Calcium 10% of RDA

Here is a picture of this brand:

Perfect! Thank you so much.

akgrrrl

Haha! You’re like my sister from another mister. How many confuse “check out my library of old books” as a pickup line?
None. Thats an electric koolaid acid test to get a quick read on comprehension and situational awareness. Most guys here havent picked up a book since they went looking for a chilton on their Dads truck they inherited.

amd

Search for "can organic producers use sludge" and you'll find a lot of info.

Currently no (AFAIK), but years ago the government was pushing the USDA to accept sludge water in the organic standards.

Dr. B

Search for "can organic producers use sludge" and you'll find a lot of info.

Currently no (AFAIK), but years ago the government was pushing the USDA to accept sludge water in the organic standards.
they probably can use chlorinated, fluoridated water though right? for the grass, to give to the cows to drink etc?

V

valdz

Does anyone know which one is better overall as far as white rice? Jasmine, basmati, or sona masoori?

V

valdz

Mochi rice (low level of amylose starch)
Thanks. Never tried that one but interesting to know about the low starch content. Does it come out sticky? Isn't this used for sushi? I used to eat a lots of jasmine rice in the past but nowadays I seem to like basmati, especially how it comes out on my rice cooker.

Apple

I guess it depends on how you cook it , I used to boil it in lots of water like any other rice.
Now I just buy the cheapest rice available, there is no difference for me.

akgrrrl

Ooh I use all three if from overseas. Not comfortable with anything Calrose/calif for toxic reasons already stated in this thread
Does anyone know which one is better overall as far as white rice? Jasmine, basmati, or sona masoori?