SIBO, Gut Motility, Constipation. What Is Really Going On? I Will Tell You

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
And isn't nutritional deficiency often (if not nearly always?) the reason why natural T3 production low in the first place?
You sir, are onto something. :D

Dobbler

Ah well... im still glad you guys are finding something else than vitamin A toxicity lol. I can get behind niacinamide and b vitamins

Vinny

You are clearly wrong. B-vitamins can indeed fix SIBO and a whole host of other digestive issues. You can have all the T3 is the world but if B-vitamins are deficient you will not make the energy you need to due to not having all the correct substances to create ATP etc. Period. Don't get me wrong, thyroid function is important. But vitamin repletion should be first. @Amazoniac et el has already touched on this. Researchers/doctors who gave thyroid to people who did not respond, were found to have nutritional deficiencies that needed to be corrected first.
I hope we have a winner here.
May be this reveals why I did not respond to T3 (moderate doses)? And, B-vits are at every corner, while it appeared T3 is really hard to get without prescription... Eh, we`ll see... Already stacking on B`s....

lampofred

Great, thanks. It’s all about lampofredoxide in the end...

been waiting so long for someone else to discover this...

I'm not really able to explain why, but based on personal observations I think excess phosphate/iron and a low DHEA-to-cortisol ratio due to low vitamin D, poor magnesium retention, low sunlight exposure may play a large role in poor B vitamin retention and gut issues.

Kartoffel

I hope we have a winner here.
May be this reveals why I did not respond to T3 (moderate doses)? And, B-vits are at every corner, while it appeared T3 is really hard to get without prescription... Eh, we`ll see... Already stacking on B`s....

What exactly do you mean when you say you didn't respond? No effect, at all? Did you have adverse effects like irritation and low blood sugar? B vitamins would have to be severely depleted to be the missing factor, imo. I think it might be counterproductive to just pop lots of b-vitamins without knowing what might be the limiting favtor. If you want to try b-vitamins, start with small regular doses thiamine and niacinamide, and maybe one large dose of pantothenic acid. A useful test would be to monitor your blood sugar levels after taking T3.

T

TheBeard

B vitamins always seem to burden my liver, both as felt and confirmed by labs.
They make my eyes yellow, puffy, make me restless.

I don’t know, there is something with vitamin supplements that doesn’t work with me, almost as if it was a toxic substance when not bound to food.

Cirion

Are you guys taking pills or topical like energin? Energin seems pretty benign for me. I'm not a fan of pills if I can avoid them nowadays.

ubiety

According to Chris Masterjohn, you cannot eat carbs 2 hours after taking niacinamide or you may cause insulin resistance - have you guys heard of that? Is he correct? If so, how has everyone been taking this vitamin, at bedtime?

I saw his video on that recently. I believe he said having carbs is good up to 3 hrs after taking niacinamide, but no carbs 3-6 hrs after. I seem to gain belly fat quickly when taking niacinamide, and will try avoiding carbs 3-6 hrs after to see if that helps.

Kartoffel

I saw his video on that recently. I believe he said having carbs is good up to 3 hrs after taking niacinamide, but no carbs 3-6 hrs after. I seem to gain belly fat quickly when taking niacinamide, and will try avoiding carbs 3-6 hrs after to see if that helps.

Masterjohn says a lot of funny things, recently. What is his reasons for that statement? What happens after 3-6 hours?

ubiety

Masterjohn says a lot of funny things, recently. What is his reasons for that statement? What happens after 3-6 hours?
It can cause diabetes, and he said niacin so I equated it with niacinamide. He's likely referring to taking large quantities, but perhaps even smaller could cause IR? I don't know, but the quick belly fat gain whenever I take niacinamide is puzzling.

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/lite-videos/2019/05/23/take-niacin-without-getting-diabetes/

Cirion

The aliens come and suck your brain out of your head, of course. :alien:

(I'm feeling rather sarcastic today)

redsun

B vitamins always seem to burden my liver, both as felt and confirmed by labs.
They make my eyes yellow, puffy, make me restless.

I don’t know, there is something with vitamin supplements that doesn’t work with me, almost as if it was a toxic substance when not bound to food.

There is no such thing as B-vitamins burdening the liver... I dont know how likely it is, but depending on one's own liver, increasing Bs can bring on detox seeing as all Bs play a direct role in detox in the liver. Also the drop in blood sugar when B dose is super high and/or one doesnt eat enough carbs.

Essential nutrients are not toxic at correct doses. Some Bs are even essentially nontoxic no matter the dose. But no, clearly Amoxicillin, Azythromycin, Castor oil, turpentine, Bentonite, psyllium shake, and coffee enemas are all safe and good and will fix SIBO even though SIBO is caused primarily by vitamin deficiencies, not amoxicillin deficiency. Despite being non-essential substances which aren't even naturally occuring in the body, you seem to place more faith in that.

The liver or digestive system cannot detox or do any of the endless functions it is designed to do correctly without Bs. This isn't an exaggeration, this is proven.

Vinny

No effect, at all?
Yes.

Did you have adverse effects like irritation and low blood sugar?
No irritation, don`t know how did it affect my BS levels.

If you want to try b-vitamins, start with small regular doses thiamine and niacinamide, and maybe one large dose of pantothenic acid.
I`m taking now: large doses thiamine, moderate niacinamide and some pantothenic.

A useful test would be to monitor your blood sugar levels after taking T3.
ok, I`ll do that next time.

Vinny

Are you guys taking pills or topical like energin? Energin seems pretty benign for me. I'm not a fan of pills if I can avoid them nowadays.
Pills.

redsun

If topical applications isnt doing well or somewhat underwhelming, a B-complex with decent ratios in pill form may do the trick. Can energin not be taken orally? I know simple cheap B complex works because I feel truly on the ball with supplementing Bs. Sometimes I just do B complex, sometimes individual B1, B2, B5, B6, to see how they individual affect me.

Kartoffel

It can cause diabetes, and he said niacin so I equated it with niacinamide. He's likely referring to taking large quantities, but perhaps even smaller could cause IR? I don't know, but the quick belly fat gain whenever I take niacinamide is puzzling.

Masterjohn talks about a study using nicotinic acid, which is niacin, not niacinamide. The effects are very different, as Peat has stressed repeatedly. The dose (4g) of niacin was pretty large at that. In very large quantities niacin does result in a strong rebound of FFA after the initial suppression, but even smaller doses of niacin seem to be beneficial for blood glucose and glucose oxidation. Nevertheless, that's one of the reasons why I would be careful with big-time supplementation of niacin that some users advocate. Small doses of niacinamide are much more effective, and seem to be very safe.

Amazoniac

Masterjohn talks about a study using nicotinic acid, which is niacin, not niacinamide. The effects are very different, as Peat has stressed repeatedly. The dose (4g) of niacin was pretty large at that. In very large quantities niacin does result in a strong rebound of FFA after the initial suppression, but even smaller doses of niacin seem to be beneficial for blood glucose and glucose oxidation. Nevertheless, that's one of the reasons why I would be careful with big-time supplementation of niacin that some users advocate. Small doses of niacinamide are much more effective, and seem to be very safe.
Guru!

The dose wased 500 mg, but it's just a matter of renewing it to avoid the raybound.
- Effects of nicotinic acid on fatty acid kinetics, fuel selection, and pathways of glucose production in women
- Niacinamide Or Just Plain Niacin?

What exactly do you mean when you say you didn't respond? No effect, at all? Did you have adverse effects like irritation and low blood sugar? B vitamins would have to be severely depleted to be the missing factor, imo. I think it might be counterproductive to just pop lots of b-vitamins without knowing what might be the limiting favtor. If you want to try b-vitamins, start with small regular doses thiamine and niacinamide, and maybe one large dose of pantothenic acid. A useful test would be to monitor your blood sugar levels after taking T3.
- Effect of Administration of Thiamine, Riboflavin, Ascorbic Acid and Vitamin A to Students on Their Pantothenic Acid Contents in Serum and Urine
Wasn't is indications of micturio-conservation, which is interesting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals