SIBO, Gut Motility, Constipation. What Is Really Going On? I Will Tell You

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Bold title, I know. But seems to sweep right over a lot of heads. So will scream from the roof tops till I tire. Forgive me. :hattip

So the big thing in SIBO is that the motor migration complex is "broken". Another big thing in the SIBO world is low stomach acid. So low stomach acid stops breaking down food, you lose even more nutrients that you should have gotten from the food bringing on more deficiencies, and also the bacteria start to proliferate due to the low acid atmosphere. A vicious cycle that deepens and brings on an accelerated death.

Then, I saw this:

"Achlorhydria or hypochlorhydria, which was constant in our subjects in the period when thiamine was restricted, is likewise a frequent accompaniment of neurasthenia. Constipation became the rule in our subjects; diarrhea was infrequent or transient. Possibly long-continued use of cathartics accounts for the diarrhea and the "mucous colitis" that are frequently encountered among patients who have neurasthenia. An explanation for the constipation was found in the slow emptying of the stomach and the sluggish motility of the intestine."
Source of quote.
:hattip @Amazoniac

There it is. What more needs to be said?

I will add, that when one b vitamin is deficient, the rest are rather likely too.

And just to be clear, vitamin deficiencies do not show up on tests sometimes. Blood tests do not show the vitamin status of the tissues, only the blood.

Got SIBO with diarrhea? No worries, I am gonna touch on that in another thread. Pellagra being the focus, vitamin B3 being the deficiency. Of course the other B vitamins are prolly low too. But for now you can check out this thread here:
The Case Of Mistaken Identity: How Pellagra Now Thought To Be Rare Became Known As Celiac Disease

Last edited:
Ive seen that post from @GorillaHead and yours about celiac being a form of pelagra. Im going to get some niacin asap.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ive seen that post from @GorillaHead and yours about celiac being a form of pelagra. Im going to get some niacin asap.
Yes I think you are talking about this thread:
SIBO, GERD, LPR, IBS, & Colitis Could Be Vitamin B3 Deficiency - "Niacin Treats Digestive Problems"

I will try and tie them all together when I can.

This thread below is a way to bring it all back in line:

Treatment Of Cirrhosis Of The Liver By A Nutritious Diet And Supplements Rich In Vitamin B Complex

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Looks like we are having some new theory emerging. Would be cool if you stick related topics.

T

TheBeard

My current SIBO protocole:

- Amoxicillin + Azythromycin to reduce bacteria count
- Castor oil + turpentine tu flush the bacteria I just killed
- Bentonite + psyllium shake to scrape the rest of the gut clean
- Coffee enemas to clean the liver that’s been burdened with bacteria’s acetaldehyde.

thirdcatgy

Adhesions in the pelvic region are an underrated cause IMO. Sitting, bracing, surgery, etc. causes intramuscular issues within the tissue that must be unwound.

Cirion

I'm definitely gonna be using energin basically every day now...

LuckyCat

According to Chris Masterjohn, you cannot eat carbs 2 hours after taking niacinamide or you may cause insulin resistance - have you guys heard of that? Is he correct? If so, how has everyone been taking this vitamin, at bedtime?

morgan#1

According to Chris Masterjohn, you cannot eat carbs 2 hours after taking niacinamide or you may cause insulin resistance - have you guys heard of that? Is he correct? If so, how has everyone been taking this vitamin, at bedtime?
I was under the impression that it was good to take 50-100 niacinamide at your meal to lower stress and too much fat release. I believe that’s what Peat suggests.

I think niacinamide helps you turn towards burning carbs rather than too much fat. I believe that might be the purpose of many B’s, also fighting infections as well as helping co2. Someone correct me if I’m on the wrong track...

Last edited:

Amazoniac

The common supplementation of calcium carbonate here makes no sense, it's antacid used to relieve those that are dealing with an excess of it.
- Antacids - IFFGD

The rebound part is questionable to justify not using it for such purpose, but I can't imagine it being helpful for someone that wasn't secreting enough acid even without any supplement.

Last edited:

milkboi

The common supplementation of calcium carbonate here makes no sense, it's antacid used to relieve those that are dealing with an excess of it.

- Antacids - IFFGD

Magnesium carbonate has basically the same effect right? I take it together with 650mg Betaine HCL, so the anti-acid effect is hopefully canceled out.

Amazoniac

Magnesium carbonate has basically the same effect right? I take it together with 650mg Betaine HCL, so the anti-acid effect is hopefully canceled out.
I won't read in details, but below they claim it's about 2 g/h of HCl secreted in a meal to return acidity to baseline.
- Measurement of meal-stimulated gastric acid secretion by in vivo gastric autotitration

The amount that you mentioned provides only 150 mg of HCl (nearly all of this being due to Cl). If I remember it right, magnesium chloride is 25% magnesium and the rest chloride; so 100 mg of plain magnesium would require 300 mg of chloride. But what's important is that in doing this, the carbonate must be reacting with the hydrogens from HCl to form lamponfredoxide and water.

milkboi

I won't read in details, but below they claim it's about 2 g/h of HCl secreted in a meal to return acidity to baseline.
- Measurement of meal-stimulated gastric acid secretion by in vivo gastric autotitration

The amount that you mentioned provides only 150 mg of HCl (nearly all of this being due to Cl). If I remember it right, magnesium chloride is 25% magnesium and the rest chloride; so 100 mg of plain magnesium would require 300 mg of chloride. But what's important is that in doing this, the carbonate must be reacting with the hydrogens from HCl to form lamponfredoxide and water.

Great, thanks. It’s all about lampofredoxide in the end...

Dobbler

T3 is responsible of migrating motor complex and also stomach juices, Ray has said this many times. But other things such as stress are in play too. I don't think B vitamins can fix SIBO, but niacinamide should be very helpful.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
But other things such as stress are in play too. I don't think B vitamins can fix SIBO, but niacinamide should be very helpful.
You are clearly wrong. B-vitamins can indeed fix SIBO and a whole host of other digestive issues. You can have all the T3 is the world but if B-vitamins are deficient you will not make the energy you need to due to not having all the correct substances to create ATP etc. Period. Don't get me wrong, thyroid function is important. But vitamin repletion should be first. @Amazoniac et el has already touched on this. Researchers/doctors who gave thyroid to people who did not respond, were found to have nutritional deficiencies that needed to be corrected first.

Last edited:

Cirion

And isn't nutritional deficiency often (if not nearly always?) the reason why natural T3 production low in the first place?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals