SIBO, Gut Motility, Constipation. What Is Really Going On? I Will Tell You

T

TheBeard

IMO the best piece of info on IBS, SIBO and endotoxins, with ALL of their inter-relations with neurotransmitters and hormones:

IMO the best piece of info on IBS, SIBO and endotoxins, with ALL of their inter-relations with neurotransmitters and hormones:

Superb, and highly relevant to problems I'm having. Many thanks for posting.

FitnessMike

Gonna chime in. Here's a video with a naturopath/health guru I follow, on youtube. He's a big proponent of the keto/carnivore diet. He's also big on b1. Here he describes how he essentially cured chronic digestive issues in 4 people by supplementing high dose B1 even though they were eating liver regularly prior to the intervention:

I've been struggling with digestive issues (IBS, sibo, bloating, constipation, fatigue) which I think are the culprit behind my depression and occasional anxiety also. I've tried many thing, including T3 which didn't do much even in higher doses. Antibiotics helped, but didn't solve it. Niacinamide alone helped a bit. Started B1 Hcl 3x100mg along with energin and some niacinamide 2 days ago. Already seen improvements in energy, bloating subsided substantially. Bowel motions improved too. Too soon to tell weather it's placebo, but fingers crossed.

updates?

Vins7

Bold title, I know. But seems to sweep right over a lot of heads. So will scream from the roof tops till I tire. Forgive me. :hattip

So the big thing in SIBO is that the motor migration complex is "broken". Another big thing in the SIBO world is low stomach acid. So low stomach acid stops breaking down food, you lose even more nutrients that you should have gotten from the food bringing on more deficiencies, and also the bacteria start to proliferate due to the low acid atmosphere. A vicious cycle that deepens and brings on an accelerated death.

Then, I saw this:

Source of quote.
:hattip @Amazoniac

There it is. What more needs to be said?

I will add, that when one b vitamin is deficient, the rest are rather likely too.

And just to be clear, vitamin deficiencies do not show up on tests sometimes. Blood tests do not show the vitamin status of the tissues, only the blood.

Got SIBO with diarrhea? No worries, I am gonna touch on that in another thread. Pellagra being the focus, vitamin B3 being the deficiency. Of course the other B vitamins are prolly low too. But for now you can check out this thread here:
The Case Of Mistaken Identity: How Pellagra Now Thought To Be Rare Became Known As Celiac Disease
Did you treat your gut issues with thiamine megadose??