Shortness of breath when eating?

StrongMom

I have this strange thing for a while that I cannot figure out. When I start eating (but sometimes after eating as well) I have hard time breathing. Sometimes I have hard time swallowing as well. I have GERD. Can it be related to that? If yes, how? Also, I thought maybe I am low on sugar and when I eat I need energy to digest so it is a kind of stress response? Any ideas?

haidut

Forum Supporter
StressedMom said:
I have this strange thing for a while that I cannot figure out. When I start eating (but sometimes after eating as well) I have hard time breathing. Sometimes I have hard time swallowing as well. I have GERD. Can it be related to that? If yes, how? Also, I thought maybe I am low on sugar and when I eat I need energy to digest so it is a kind of stress response? Any ideas?

Trouble breathing is a commonly reported problem with GERD, even when not eating. Just Google "GERD trouble breathing" and you will see the reports. However, I would definitely ask a doctor about it just to rule out heart or lung problems.

OP
S

StrongMom

Thanks Haidut. I just googled it; it makes a lot of sense. It is interesting that my doctor didn't take this very seriously when I told him about it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Possibly "air hunger". I know someone who has it, starts gasping for air when she is eating, and afterwards.

GAF

8 yrs ago, heart bypass, colon cancer, collapsed lungs, etc. Now, mouth taping all night, keep mouth closed, follow all RP/forum supplement recommendations for CO2 increase, never eat a "big meal", chew with mouth closed + thyroid + body temperature increase+salt

OP
S

StrongMom

I am sorry to hear that GAF. I will try to implement all those suggestions. Sometimes it really freaks me out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals