Shilajit on testosterone, dopamine and sexual function

Hans

Forum Supporter

What has been your experience with shilajit?

Makrosky

Never tried but read mixed reports here. Some a bit concerning. Following!

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Never tried but read mixed reports here. Some a bit concerning. Following!
Yeah I've seen a few negative ones. We're all different in our chemistry so not everyone will respond the same. I also think the quality of the product and sourcing matter. Plus, what people combine it with.

Brandin

What has been your experience with shilajit?
gabaergic and dopaminergic feeling. The trace minerals helped me get rid of my allergies. Very underrated

Makrosky

Yeah I've seen a few negative ones. We're all different in our chemistry so not everyone will respond the same. I also think the quality of the product and sourcing matter. Plus, what people combine it with.
Precisely, that surprises me. Because it is supposed to be a nourishing substance. Neutral. Nourishes the ojas in ayurvedic terms. Rebuilds jing in TCM terms. Effects should be very subtle but gradual. Maybe people ODed it. Let's see.

GenericName86

How concerning is the heavy metal content in shilajit? I think Ray said something about it being an issue but I'm sure some brands are better then others.

davidgraham

Surely depends who your asking? Ask matt Blackburn or one of his affiliates then the product is amazing. Ask a random you get honest reviews

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
How concerning is the heavy metal content in shilajit? I think Ray said something about it being an issue but I'm sure some brands are better then others.
Indian shilajit contains the most heavy metals. I use a brand that checks and has very low heavy metals, at least according to their COA (whatever that's worth).

GenericName86

Indian shilajit contains the most heavy metals. I use a brand that checks and has very low heavy metals, at least according to their COA (whatever that's worth).
Oh ok, I was thinking of trying lost empire herbs but not sure if it's indian sourced

Makrosky

Are you happy with that brand? What effects do you notice?

RealNeat

I'm a fan of this combo, low shilajit content compared to the article however, I like to stay modest in consumption of shilajit and I think the traditional pairing with milk is a good idea.

Even though the supplement I use is not in the resin form that's what I usually prefer as you can do some simple tests on it to confirm it's good shilajit (besides COA), outlined here (I don't know or endorse the supplement the article sells, info only) [Guide] How To Identify Original Shilajit + Easy Purity Tests at Home

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Are you happy with that brand? What effects do you notice?
I use the SA brand I liked and very happy with it yes. I feel it potentiates my resistance training results.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm a fan of this combo, low shilajit content compared to the article however, I like to stay modest in consumption of shilajit and I think the traditional pairing with milk is a good idea.

Even though the supplement I use is not in the resin form that's what I usually prefer as you can do some simple tests on it to confirm it's good shilajit (besides COA), outlined here (I don't know or endorse the supplement the article sells, info only) [Guide] How To Identify Original Shilajit + Easy Purity Tests at Home
I think shilajit goes well with other mitochondrial "boosters" so to speak such as PQQ (as per the supp you linked), CoQ10, some form of NAD precursor, quinones, etc. Should greatly help to potentiate the redox state, ATP production and power output during exercise/sport.

Dave Clark

Any opinions of PrimaVie shilajit ?
Seems that at least it is tested, where some products show no testing for contaminants, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals