10 PSSD Recovery Tips And Tricks (herbs, Drugs And Strategies)

Frankdee20

Aspirin, vitamin B1, magnesium, zinc, quinine (Haidut is bringing out a new product containing it for that purpose), quinones in general, vitamin B2 (as a cofactor for MAO), calcium, etc. Too much of the active form of vitamin D is very serotonergic.
Improving glucose oxidation with thyroid, aspirin, B1, magnesium and pyrucet should help a lot against excess serotonin. If you have gut issues, then that should also be a major focus.
What constitutes too much of D3 as serotonergic ? Is 5 thousand IU ok ?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What constitutes too much of D3 as serotonergic ? Is 5 thousand IU ok ?
Too much active vit D is highly serotonergic, so you'll have to look at PTH, the storage and active form of vit D, prolactin, etc to see if the dose is too high or low.

Frankdee20

Too much active vit D is highly serotonergic, so you'll have to look at PTH, the storage and active form of vit D, prolactin, etc to see if the dose is too high or low.
The regular blood levels of Vitamin D aren’t worth using as a parameter here ? Mine are around 28

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
The regular blood levels of Vitamin D aren’t worth using as a parameter here ? Mine are around 28
Is it low because it's converting to the active form or is it low because you're not getting enough? That's why it's important to check the other markers as well.

Frankdee20

Is it low because it's converting to the active form or is it low because you're not getting enough? That's why it's important to check the other markers as well.
Thanks lol

CalmAmygdala

its been a few days, how are you doing so far bro?

hope youre not fooling around with tianeptine or the like

Hey,

Still suffering quite profoundly. Ive had to go back on paxil 40 mg and it still hasnt stopped whatever damage i did.

I forgot to mention something i was doing that i fear did some long lasting damage and I dont see a way out. I was taking an injectable nootropic called cerebrolysin while weening off the paxil and taking the cypro/meter. My fear is that it exploded/potentiated the growth of new serotonin receptors due to the upregulation caused by the paxil as well as the serotonin antagonists. Now I seem to have been left with an overload of serotonin receptors, at least thats the only explanation i can think of.

My libido is destroyed, I'm not talking about mere erectile dysfunction, I'm talking about straight impotence. Nothing. Nada. It scares me and depresses me because its been a month and there is no improvement at all.

Unless I take a slew of supplements to decrease serotonin (aspirin, theanine, activated charcoal, creatine, tianeptine, lithium, etc.) I cant get out of bed because im suicidal. My appetite is still gone as well, the thought of food makes me nauseous.

I am anxious and depressed and it seems hopeless. I am taking a week off from work next week because i cant bear to go through the motions anymore.

I went to the doctor and he told me i knew more about psychopharmacology than he did and that my reasoning seemed valid and sound. I asked him to put me on low dose buspirone (5 mg 3x a day) to see if the 5ht1a activation helps with the impotence. So far it hasnt.

I'm taking multiple things from Hans's PSSD stack recoomendations but they are not fixing the impotence (rhodiola, lithium, curcumin, PEA, sodium butyrate, CBG, yohimbine). They seem to help with mood/energy but do nothing for the impotence.

Ive also tried prolactin supps including a few of the combo supps Hans has listed on his site along with royal jelly and chasteberry to no avail. Keep in mind i am on 200 mg testosterone weekly and have even added masteron - no improvement in impotence.

I am going to try to order yukokansan which supposedly decrease 5ht2a receptors as maybe that could be at play too.

Regarding the tianpetine, I have 25 mg sulfate capsules and take 2 a day. I havent experienced any euphoria whatsoever and no desire to dose more than that. All I notice is im not "as" depressed.

Any help/insights would be greatly appreciated, including any psychotropic medications, as my doctor would be willing to help out and would probably prescribe anything i asked. Possible solutions i was thinking of included mirtazapine, aripiprazole, or maybe vilazodone or vortioxetine.

CalmAmygdala

Just want to give an update. I have experienced massive improvement on the following stack. I had written this huge long post and then accidently deleted it and now im ******* pissed because it was ******* beautiful.

Of course, the fact I'm feeling angry at all is evidence of the substantial improvements ive made in every area of PSSD - anhedonia, motivation, mood, libido, excitement, anticipatory anxiety....

The real turning point in all this was when i realized what i was actually suffering from was PSSD.... rather than "SSRI discontinuation syndrome" Once I Started targeting PSSD things started getting bettter FAST

I was at the grocery store today and opened a girl and i felt the most intense, euphoric wave of excitement and thrilling attraction down to my balls and throughout my whole body. It felt like I was 13 again pre SSRIs. Orgasms are 80% now.

First off, I got back off the paxil and things immediately got better. the paxil was making it worse. I then got on 50 mg trazodone (it has a favorable profile pharmacologically - 5ht1a agonism, 5ht2a/2c antagonism, and a1 antagonism - which can lead to priapism). I felt better since starting it but the real magic started when i started the stack I'm about to list below. Still, wanted to mention trazodone as it may be a player.

Here's the stack:

Rhodiola (3% salidrosides) 500 mg 2x daily
St. John's Wort (.3% hypericin) 500 mg 2x daily
Bromantane 50-75 mg once daily
L Carnitine L Tartrate - 1 g 2x daily (androgen receptor upregulation)
Phospholipid Complex - 1x daily (helps facilitate receptor binding)

Also been taking tianeptine sulfate 25 mg 2x daily but it was only giving me very minor improvements.... things didnt start getting alot better til I started taking the above 5.

I also ran CBG for a week and stopped yesterday....didnt notice anything from it though. Ive also been redlighting my balls with LLLT (800 nm light).

But the real MVPs are the 5 supps listed above and I am confident they will be enough to substantially liberate anyone from the suicidal, nightmarish hellscape that is PSSD.

Good luck to everyone out there and I hope this helps someone

Last edited:

Nippy

Just want to give an update. I have experienced massive improvement on the following stack. I had written this huge long post and then accidently deleted it and now im ******* pissed because it was ******* beautiful.

Of course, the fact I'm feeling angry at all is evidence of the substantial improvements ive made in every area of PSSD - anhedonia, motivation, mood, libido, excitement, anticipatory anxiety....

The real turning point in all this was when i realized what i was actually suffering from was PSSD.... rather than "SSRI discontinuation syndrome" Once I Started targeting PSSD things started getting bettter FAST

I was at the grocery store today and opened a girl and i felt the most intense, euphoric wave of excitement and thrilling attraction down to my balls and throughout my whole body. It felt like I was 13 again pre SSRIs. Orgasms are 80% now.

First off, I got back off the paxil and things immediately got better. the paxil was making it worse. I then got on 50 mg trazodone (it has a favorable profile pharmacologically - 5ht1a agonism, 5ht2a/2c antagonism, and a1 antagonism - which can lead to priapism). I felt better since starting it but the real magic started when i started the stack I'm about to list below. Still, wanted to mention trazodone as it may be a player.

Here's the stack:

Rhodiola (3% salidrosides) 500 mg 2x daily
St. John's Wort (.3% hypericin) 500 mg 2x daily
Bromantane 50-75 mg once daily
L Carnitine L Tartrate - 1 g 2x daily (androgen receptor upregulation)
Phospholipid Complex - 1x daily (helps facilitate receptor binding)

Also been taking tianeptine sulfate 25 mg 2x daily but it was only giving me very minor improvements.... things didnt start getting alot better til I started taking the above 5.

I also ran CBG for a week and stopped yesterday....didnt notice anything from it though. Ive also been redlighting my balls with LLLT (800 nm light).

But the real MVPs are the 5 supps listed above and I am confident they will be enough to substantially liberate anyone from the suicidal, nightmarish hellscape that is PSSD.

Good luck to everyone out there and I hope this helps someone
Thanks for your story. I know how you have felt... How is your libido now ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals